Daniel Gilmore

Remove this Banner Ad

YAKUZA said:
The only winner in that scenario would be South Fremantle.

Smarty didn't rate Surjan before and doesn't rate him now that's why he wasn't considered.
Never could understand why Yakuza, has all the tools to be a star. I think Port has tried to turn him into a receiver when he is a ball getter and a combination of injuries and a lack of confidence have conspired against Jacob this season.

I'm looking forward to his 2006 season otherwise my opinions on potential WA draftees looks rather suspect ;)

dasler said:
Never could understand why Yakuza, has all the tools to be a star. I think Port has tried to turn him into a receiver when he is a ball getter and a combination of injuries and a lack of confidence have conspired against Jacob this season.

I'm looking forward to his 2006 season otherwise my opinions on potential WA draftees looks rather suspect ;)

I am not disagreeing with you and I couldn't understand either.

Sailor said:
I'm amazed at some comments. I have watched Gilly play many times for South Freo. He is a left footer and has an excellent kick, but he is also a good kick on his right.
Does Judd use his left at all? does he get criticised for wanting to use his right.
Does Tredrae use his left? Hird? Pavlich?
So why the wailing when Gilly goes left. He would be better on his other peg than any of the above.
Gilly has played with South as a tall, attacking and running wingman.
Freo want him to be an instant defender.
Maybe South just use him better.

You may well have watched Gilmore play many times for SF probably as many times as I and dasler, how come we haven't seen him use his right side as many as you claim to have? I'll tell you why, because the number of times that he does you could count on the fingers of one hand.
As for Judd, he is equally proficient on both sides of his body that is why he is such a great player not to mention the number of times he puts his body on the line.
If Gilmore had those skills and that courage he might be half a chance to play AFL meanwhile he's not going to get anywhere near it, not at Fremantle anyway.

Gilmore is a handy depth player but nothing more. Is a good kick but doesn't like contested footy and we have enough players who don't win the ball in close. He's one of those guys who illustrates the gap between WAFL and AFL. There aren't many WAFL players with his size, speed and endurance. But most AFL teams have a dozen guys like that on their list, many who can also win their own ball instead of receiving.

There's no way we will get Byron for Happy. If port are interested in Gilmore we might get a 3rd round pick for him if we're lucky. We got a 5th round pick for TLo last year and he's better than Gillie.

Gilmore + Medhurst + 3rd round pick = Pickett + 2nd round pick.

dominguez said:
Gilmore is a handy depth player but nothing more. Is a good kick but doesn't like contested footy and we have enough players who don't win the ball in close. He's one of those guys who illustrates the gap between WAFL and AFL. There aren't many WAFL players with his size, speed and endurance. But most AFL teams have a dozen guys like that on their list, many who can also win their own ball instead of receiving.

There's no way we will get Byron for Happy. If port are interested in Gilmore we might get a 3rd round pick for him if we're lucky. We got a 5th round pick for TLo last year and he's better than Gillie.

Gilmore + Medhurst + 3rd round pick = Pickett + 2nd round pick.

You keep trying to be fair like that and nobody will play with you in trade week!

Remove this Banner Ad

Daniel Gilmore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back