daniel kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

Kerr a good midfielder when he is the 2nd or 3rd midfielder. Cant handle the tag as a number 1 midfielder.

Althought i think he is a very good midfielder. I'm not sure if he is worth the risk he is about 27, injury and suspension prone.
We currently have 4 elite midfielders - Swan, Davis, Didak, Pendles

Do we really need him?
26 yearsold now so yes if heplays for you guys next year he will be 27. Oh and guys Wellingham and a 3rd rounder won't be anywhere near enough. When on song Kerr is one of the best midfielders in the league. They will chuck that offer straight back in your face. I rekon a known player who is fairly good and a 2nd rounder might, just might get the deal done:thumbsu:

would cost more than Wellinghamm + 3rd rounder.

More like Wellingham + 1st rounder.

Which is why we won't make the move. Wellingham plus a future star is worth more than 1 guy who is not accountable.
Agreed! not sure whether we would be prepared to give up anything significant and highly doubt hes going anywhere anyway so couldnt care less either way.
But i will say Injuries have ruined his last 2 years but he is still a Super player and walk up start to any midfeild in the league.

Kerr has been exposed as over-rated now that Judd and Cousins are out of the picture at West Coast. Wellingham looks the goods now and will only get better.

I've openly been a huge Daniel Kerr fan and think he is easily one of the best handful of midfielders in the competition. Disregard his injury status, he is a bona fide superstar.

I'd be more than happy to trade for him, however I would not package some of the players been suggested in this thread.

We have a wonderful group of developing youth coming through together and we do not want to unsettle that.

I'd be more than happy to trade away our picks for Kerr, however the players we would put up for trade would not interest WCE. They would want established stars or up and coming stars which we will not trade.

I'd rather chase Luke Ball over Kerr.
Good player out of favor and a person of better character.
Nothing personal, but Kerr has exposed himself as a knob in the past.
Luke Ball is just as good as Kerr.
Kerr has gone downhill since Judd and Cousins left the Weagles.
In the end, we don't need either. :p
Stick to the guys we have. :thumbsu:

Daniel Kerr's best footy is behind him i think, why change the list we have, its a pretty special list, and wellingham is going to be a star, very similar to Kerr, on a wing his pace and hardness is a key, if we trade big names for someone like kerr, it can unsettle the team. We are so close to a flag, and our mid;s are A class already

Gee... You blokes really rate that Wellingham... "younger version of Kerr" "very similar to Kerr" etc... Big wraps for a kid from the rookie draft.

FWIW Kerr is a superstar, top 10 midfielder in the league... but you dont really need him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring on Kerr!
if the Eagles do want to off load him, they won't deal with carlton, as they were dudded on the Judd Deal, although Kennedy will be a good player.
so would leave pies or swans i'd say who would be in the mix

You are stupid for wanting to trade wellingham!!!!
Wellingham is going to make it!
He has gone away and worked on his game and has improved dramatically. I don't think we need kerr, he is undisiplined and would act only as a liability for a young developing list.

Gee... You blokes really rate that Wellingham... "younger version of Kerr" "very similar to Kerr" etc... Big wraps for a kid from the rookie draft.

FWIW Kerr is a superstar, top 10 midfielder in the league... but you dont really need him.

Yeah I think there are a few Collingwood supporters forgetting the influence Kerr had on a premiership team a few years back, as a very young man. Yes he's had some turbulent years since but surely injury has been his major concern. Hasn't seemed to be fit for 2 years now. I distinctly remember thinking that he is just about the strongest body over the ball I'd seen for a long long time. Can stand up in any tackle. Just a hell of a player.
I really like the look of Wellingham but I don't think he's in the same stratosphere at the moment. Lovely skills and a nice clearance player too though. Both star qualities.

I do believe D.Cox came off the rookie list!

Fwiw Wello isn't a star yet but has the potential to be part of an elite midfield grp imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

daniel kerr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back