Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond are going to end up with like five top twenty picks this year

Crazy too that 3 x Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham is going to net them potentially 5 top 20 picks.

Take it and run if you’re Richmond though. Don’t need any of them for their next run at a premiership and arguably selling all for their absolute peak values.

Crazy too that 3 x Baker, Bolton, Rioli and Graham is going to net them potentially 5 top 20 picks.

Take it and run if you’re Richmond though. Don’t need any of them for their next run at a premiership and arguably selling all for their absolute peak values.
You are 100% correct if the trade value's are overs

Shai & Rioli have 5+ years and Graham isa bonus if we get a band2/3 compo but not really if its a pick in the 40's

If we unfortunately end up with pick 5, I'd rather just keep the pick and use it on picking up the best available player before we also grab Lombard instead of using it on Rioli.

However, club have shown that they don't value picks that highly and can see them just wilting and giving it away.
You guys arent in a position to be handing out charity to other clubs. Youve already done it with trading pick 2 for Weller and giving Geelong pick 7 for next to nothing as notable examples.

If Dan Rioli effectively is traded for pick 5/6 then GC may as well pack up shop. Surely there is better more justifiable players to trade pick 5 for out there.
Pick 12 + 25 should get it done for Rioli if he actually decides he wants to leave the Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itd ve more of a Pick 13, 20,25 for pick 8 and 28 from Essendon the pick 8 for Rioli
wut
I wouldnt either in your position.
If Baker and Graham are gone, and Bolton probably asking for a trade too thats probably enough senior players leaving without going too far into North territory.
Nah I think we should pull the trigger on all of them while we have two clubs with plenty of draft capital massively keen on 2 blokes that are contracted long term. Cant stop Baker and most Richmond fans want Graham to leave.

We'll still have a fair chunk of decent senior players, which North didn't.

wut

Nah I think we should pull the trigger on all of them while we have two clubs with plenty of draft capital massively keen on 2 blokes that are contracted long term. Cant stop Baker and most Richmond fans want Graham to leave.

We'll still have a fair chunk of decent senior players, which North didn't.
Top 8 pick this year is HUGE if you ask me. Difference between 5 and 8 is insanely minimal as id rate 5-8 very similarly talent wise. For Gold Coast feel they need to keep pick 5 in case of any early bids for Lombardo. A deal around pick 8 and pick upgrades from Gold Coast to you seems a good deal.

He is contracted and will probably win the best and fairest. So yeah pretty much or something of comparable value.
Just because he wins your B&F doesnt mean hes worth pick 5 lol.

You could ask I guess but theres overs, and then there is OVERS. Rioli for 5 fits in the latter

Surely if GC offer 12 + 20 you take it and run

Just because he wins your B&F doesnt mean hes worth pick 5 lol.

You could ask I guess but theres overs, and then there is OVERS. Rioli for 5 fits in the latter

Surely if GC offer 12 + 20 you take it and run
Sorry but yes it does when he is contacted and we say it is.

The club is perfectly entitled to say to any bidder, ‘he is a very important and required player at the club’ and give reasons A, B and C as to why, and value him accordingly. And the B&F is a legitimate part of that equation.

If he uncontracted or a free agent, it would be an entirely different matter, but he isn’t so we hold all the aces.

Sorry but yes it does when he is contacted and we say it is.

The club is perfectly entitled to say to any bidder, ‘he is a very important and required player at the club’ and give reasons A, B and C as to why, and value him accordingly. And the B&F is a legitimate part of that equation.

If he uncontracted or a free agent, it would be an entirely different matter, but he isn’t so we hold all the aces.
Whether he wins the B&F or not is irrelevant hes still the same player. You can ask for more but hes not worth more.

If the Eagles demanded Weddle, Day and the Hawks 1st pick for Barrass does that mean thats Barrass' value all of a sudden?

GC probably want to end up with Rioli, Lombard, and a player before the bid. They should comfortably have enough picks for that. If they trade their early pick it should be to move up the order as far as possible. Trading it to Richmond for Rioli would be nuts.

GC probably want to end up with Rioli, Lombard, and a player before the bid. They should comfortably have enough picks for that. If they trade their early pick it should be to move up the order as far as possible. Trading it to Richmond for Rioli would be nuts.
How exactly would they manage that? They'll probably end up with pick 7 if they beat us and saints get a 1st round compensation pick for Battle. If a bid comes in for Lombard in the first 6 they'd be screwed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Daniel Rioli [UFA 2027] - Wants to join Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back