Rumour Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

If GCS are going to part with pick 6 for him and we throw some late picks back so they can match Lombard or make some other moves then we should let him go.

Turning him into Harry Armstrong who could be a massive solve for our forward line for next 15 years is the better option. Plus I don't see Daniel playing more than 3 more seasons, he's body won't last after some of the injuries so there's no risk to him playing 100 games up there and diluting a FS pick in 18 years time 😂

He will be at the GC next year and Maurice with him and I think him not being part of next year with us is going to reduce our potential for wins more than any other player who might leave.
He always gets a more dangerous fwd than Short and can defend better, will turn up to help his teammates, can will the ball himself and make a run to receive nearly anywhere in the corridor, hit the scoreboard or his teammates at speed.

He would be a bigger loss than Bolton to morale and belief in the group, I think.

If GCS are going to part with pick 6 for him and we throw some late picks back so they can match Lombard or make some other moves then we should let him go.

Turning him into Harry Armstrong who could be a massive solve for our forward line for next 15 years is the better option. Plus I don't see Daniel playing more than 3 more seasons, he's body won't last after some of the injuries so there's no risk to him playing 100 games up there and diluting a FS pick in 18 years time 😂
I don't understand the logic of people that say 1 x pick..., a pick in the teens if we give something back etc

They currently have 8 and 10. There would be no conversation to be had about a contracted player unless they were on the table at an absolute minimum, and I dare say we'd be asking for a cherry on top of that.

I don't understand the logic of people that say 1 x pick..., a pick in the teens if we give something back etc

They currently have 8 and 10. There would be no conversation to be had about a contracted player unless they were on the table at an absolute minimum, and I dare say we'd be asking for a cherry on top of that.
Are you suggesting we get 8 and 10?

No chance we are getting 8 and 10

My only qualm with losing Rioli and baker is the lack of leadership we are left with. Who’s captain after nank? Taranto ? Only be default sadly.

My only qualm with losing Rioli and baker is the lack of leadership we are left with. Who’s captain after nank? Taranto ? Only be default sadly.
Baker and Rioli are not long-term captain material, Tim 'the toolman' Taranto is.

Baker and Rioli are not long-term captain material, Tim 'the toolman' Taranto is.
It’s not just about the captain though, it’s the overall leadership of the group.. who else is there ? Shorts a massive failure, Graham much the same and wants a trade anyway… maybe Balta but his body language has been horrible lately. Vlastuin isn’t interested in leadership. Who else is there ? We will turn into north real quick

Are you suggesting we get 8 and 10?
Absolutely. If not he stays at Richmond.

Is he worth pick 8 and 10. No, but that doesn't matter when a player is contracted and we want to keep him.

His worth is only measured by how badly they want him. Gold Coast need Rioli more than pick 8 and 10.

The odds would say that pick 8 or 10 won't be as good as Dan Rioli. Possibly better, but not likely.

Remember when Gold Coast gave away pick 6 or 7 along with Jack Bowes to Geelong for a 3rd rounder?

We pay some of Dan's money for 2 years and magically we get picks 8 & 10.

Any deals for contracted players need to be massively weighed in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Rourke mentioned that the club isn't interested in Bolton and Rioli trading them. Both are contracted players.
Never believe anything until it's been officially denied.

Last edited:
O'Rourke mentioned that the club isn't interested in Bolton and Rioli trading them. Both are contracted players.
Ofcourse we are, in the position we're in we have no choice really. It could cut our rebuild time in half. Start seeing some genuine improvement just as Tassie comes in.

Non of us want to see a return to the “dark old days”. Can’t see it happening tbh. We have a very different culture and way of doing things internally as well as developmentally. We will definitely dip down the ladder but we No longer eat our own despite the meeja noise & attempts to whip up stories where there is none…
I have faith that the behind the scenes stuff like recruiting etc will be handled much better….

But everyone has or is leaving from the executives and the ones who helped establish our new culture have since gone. Most of them anyway.

Show me evidence from the last two years that our culture is the same? It isn’t. Quite simply, that era is gone now and so has our culture

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back