Rumour Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

My only qualm with losing Rioli and baker is the lack of leadership we are left with. Who’s captain after nank? Taranto ? Only be default sadly.
By default, I believe he has earned it.

But everyone has or is leaving from the executives and the ones who helped establish our new culture have since gone. Most of them anyway.

Show me evidence from the last two years that our culture is the same? It isn’t. Quite simply, that era is gone now and so has our culture
It's closer to the 1990's

Absolutely. If not he stays at Richmond.

Is he worth pick 8 and 10. No, but that doesn't matter when a player is contracted and we want to keep him.

His worth is only measured by how badly they want him. Gold Coast need Rioli more than pick 8 and 10.

The odds would say that pick 8 or 10 won't be as good as Dan Rioli. Possibly better, but not likely.

Remember when Gold Coast gave away pick 6 or 7 along with Jack Bowes to Geelong for a 3rd rounder?

We pay some of Dan's money for 2 years and magically we get picks 8 & 10.

Any deals for contracted players need to be massively weighed in our favour.
You make a good point and it would be a great outcome for rfc. I hope not but itMight be more likely to be 8 and 20 though.

Absolutely. If not he stays at Richmond.

Is he worth pick 8 and 10. No, but that doesn't matter when a player is contracted and we want to keep him.

His worth is only measured by how badly they want him. Gold Coast need Rioli more than pick 8 and 10.

The odds would say that pick 8 or 10 won't be as good as Dan Rioli. Possibly better, but not likely.

Remember when Gold Coast gave away pick 6 or 7 along with Jack Bowes to Geelong for a 3rd rounder?

We pay some of Dan's money for 2 years and magically we get picks 8 & 10.

Any deals for contracted players need to be massively weighed in our favour.
if Judas wants a contracted player he can pay up, Just because he could get up and walk out when things got hard with no ramifications its different for players! This is the same club who gave pic 2 for Lachie weller.

if Judas wants a contracted player he can pay up, Just because he could get up and walk out when things got hard with no ramifications its different for players! This is the same club who gave pic 2 for Lachie weller.
Exactly. We ain't taking 8 and a later pick. The deal has to be too good to refuse. Not just a good deal, needs to be an amazing deal, or he stays - which I hope he does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing that Hardwick isn’t the only reason as why Gold Coast is appealing to Rioli. His best mate Ben long has been getting in his ear and they’re keen to play together.

Didn’t the campaigners give pick 6 and a player for pick 19 or something ?

He will be at the GC next year and Maurice with him and I think him not being part of next year with us is going to reduce our potential for wins more than any other player who might leave.
He always gets a more dangerous fwd than Short and can defend better, will turn up to help his teammates, can will the ball himself and make a run to receive nearly anywhere in the corridor, hit the scoreboard or his teammates at speed.

He would be a bigger loss than Bolton to morale and belief in the group, I think.
mrj cant leave until he hits 100 mang

Didn’t the campaigners give pick 6 and a player for pick 19 or something ?
Premiers @GeelongCats get former top 10 pick Jack Bowes and selection 7 for future 3rd round to @GoldCoastSUNS.

He was on decent money at GC - so Geelong had to take that contract of their hands.

Bowes set to be on $2.2million across 4 years….2 x $650k and 2 x $450k.

So Geelong basically paid for a draft pick and a player that isn't worth what he's paid.
Hardly a raised eyebrow from the media yet if we get overs for Rioli, or should I say when we do...just watch the CFL media jump up and down.

Reading the trade threads and threads like these on all our low picks we’re getting is like watching the nine networks Olympics coverage and commentators predicting all the Gold medals we’re going to win. It still all sucks me in hope though . 😂
The swag of low picks are the one and only thing potentially positive out of the year we are currently having. The rest has been an absolute dogs breakfast…. Sorry I meant Camels breakfast

watching Daniel streaming off the half back line and link up by handball, or kicking long bomb goals is one of the reasons I go to the footy. Trading him would be a serious kick in the guts. I hope we don’t do it.
Get your hand off it.
Few and far between these days.

Get your hand off it.
Few and far between these days.
Would have thought he does it every week. Has not had a game under 20 possessions in 13 weeks, and he doesn't get the cheapies like a lot of half backs, mainly on the move forward. Without Rioli we have to rely on Short for rebound....

Would have thought he does it every week. Has not had a game under 20 possessions in 13 weeks, and he doesn't get the cheapies like a lot of half backs, mainly on the move forward. Without Rioli we have to rely on Short for rebound....
He provides run I’d but argue it eventuates to not much. He runs into trouble, coughs it up and panics under not much pressure. He looks a lot better than he actually is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Daniel Rioli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back