Danny Stanely

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting a tad sick of all this Judd talk and will wait until he decides his team then discuss.

What about Danny Stanley? He finished the year fantastically well playing as the in and under, grunt player 'for Willy and was 1 of the few to stand up. This is the type of player we need. Really hope to see him with some more game time in the guts for the Pies next year.

We need another to come in as I'd think 2008 would be Bucks and Burnsys last year.

Hear hear. Totally sick of all the Judd hysteria and agree about Stanners. When he gets the chance of a few in the middle he'll be a gun.

I'd say the most likely delistings will be Ben Davies and Alan Toovey, along with Shane Wakelin, who will retire.

Iles is a chance to be delisted. Cook and Stanley are both staying though - If we gave Brent Hall three years, these guys surely deserve the same.

Licuria and Burns are both chances to retire, with Liccas more likely, IMO.

Danny Nicholls and possibly Brent Macaffer to be delisted from the rookie list.

I'd say the most likely delistings will be Ben Davies and Alan Toovey, along with Shane Wakelin, who will retire.

Iles is a chance to be delisted. Cook and Stanley are both staying though - If we gave Brent Hall three years, these guys surely deserve the same.

i would think Iles has shown better form than Stanley and Cook, but i think that all three will be retained.

Delistings:

Toovey
Nicholls
McCaffer
Davies
Cook (unlucky)

Retirements:

Licuria

Rookie Elevations:

Clarke
Wellingham

Possible Trades:

Holland
Lonie

If we win the flag, I think Wakes will probably retire also, and Buckley would probably be more likely.

I think Cook is a much bigger chance to be delisted than Iles.

Agreed.

Isles showed plenty in his games in the seniors. Cook showed that he has good skills and uses it well, but looked overawed and not quite ready for the big time.

He didn't shirk the contest, but nor did he look like he was particularly hungry for the footy. He just didn't do much for me when he did play.

Players like Goldsack and Clarke genuinely looked like they wanted the footy, this excites me. Cook almost looked like that bloke standing at mid wicket, praying the batsman doesn't sky one in his direction...just in case he drops it.

Cooks safe. I'll put the house on it*

Stanners will be one of the first ruled out of delisting contention. Will be very very solid for us next year :thumbsu:

*Its mum and dads house so what would I care.

Wakelin has come out and said if Mick wants him to play on he will, if Mick doesn't want him to, he wont. So wakes future is in MM's hands.

We don't have to promote Wellingham. We can keep him rookie listed can't we?

I think that Cook and Stanley should be retained. Wakes and Buckley should play on as they still both definately have roles to play.

Two players who I don't think have roles to play anymore and although this will be tough but we must delist both Holland and Lonie.

I think that Licuria knows that his time is up and will retire. He is definately not in our best 22 ATM and even if we were unlucky enough to get a few injuries next season I would like to see guys such as Wellingham and Stanely get a run ahead of Lonie, Holland and Licca. If possible we can try and trade lonie and holland for higher draft picks, say we give a side our late second round pick and holland for an earlier second round pick.

Also the no-brainers of Toovey and Davies with the possible delisting of Iles. That equals 6 off the list for 2 rookie elevations and 4 draft picks.

In addition to my last post there is the following decision to be made.

If Hine and co want 4 picks in the draft then the above would be my preference. If they only want 3 then they have to make the decision to either keep Isles or Holland. I would be more inclined to keep Isles.

The question we need to ask is whether Isles would have a better chance of being a worthy player for us than pick 4 in this years draft. On hearing about how late picks are not highly regarded this year then I think Isles will stay.

Another option is that we trade multiple players for either Judd or a ruckman. If we can do this then it will relieve some pressure on our list and mean we can keep both Isles and Holland/Licca to be depth VFL players.

He's safe. Read the willy reports and you can see that he's starting to develop into a midfielder and the sort we need to replace the looming retirements of Burns, Licca and O'Bree. I reckon they picked him up knowing that he would take some time to get to where they want him to be. So far from what I've read he's heading in the right direction.
What do you expect the willy reports to say? Of course they will tell you he is developing, otherwise they arent doing their job. They said fantastic things about iaccobucci and cam cloke and nicholls etc and where are they now????

Stanners is a massive key for us moving foward. (Assuming we don't get the hero look at me I'm Chris Judd.) I think he needs a bigger engine as he only started getting thrown into the guts towards the second half of the year. Even then he would start at CHF or in the backline then get switched into the middle and play really well. I think he's got what it takes to add a lot to our senior side in terms of grunt inside work. Hoping he has a MASSIVE preseason comes back leaner, stronger and with a bigger engine and ready to play some good footy in the 1's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just to clarify regarding Sam Isles - I have been told by a source close to Sammy Isles that he has been offered 2 years and they think he'll make an impact in the midfield in 2008.

Source - a mate who played with him at Clarence before he was drafted and spoek to him 3 weeks ago when he was down in Tassie.

I'd retain Stanley, Iles and Cook.

If Wakes and Bucks play on, then Lonie, Holland and Licuria are in the gun.

Toovey and Davies should go no matter what happens. I'd also make trading for a ruckman a priority and delist Bryan.

^ looks like they have rated him well to be named as an emeregency who are the other 3 emergencies?
The other 3 emergencies are Paul Licuria and Chris Bryan.

Incidentally, Prismall is an emergency for the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny Stanely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back