Opinion Danyle Pearce & Troy Chaplin

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't remember what it was and what the topic was but I thought he was going to say f*#k. Then he changed topics and then Hamish said what I had thought a few seconds earlier. The two were unrelated.

Think it was something about when he first rocked up to the club after being drafted in 2003.

He was pretty heavy and not in great shape. Think he said he was 100kg at the time.

Anyway, Choco let him know about it - and more! - in his own inimitable way.

Fffffar out...

Peter's brother and Danyle Pearce bailed on us and no longer believed in the club so I can understand why some supporters will always boo them, even though I believe we as supporters should present ourselves as ones who rise above this. We'll always have a few that do it but overall I hope the majority of us just cheer our team instead of focusing on the opposition, we all know that's a crowbot trait. I guess it's in our DNA to let 'traitors' know what they're missing and fair enough too seeing as how quickly we've risen back to the top since they left.

Port Adelaide always proves the doubters wrong!

Peter's brother and Danyle Pearce bailed on us and no longer believed in the club so I can understand why some supporters will always boo them, even though I believe we as supporters should present ourselves as ones who rise above this.
Yes, it is common in football culture for people to have admiration for the club whose supporters are the most respectful.

This is why the Melbourne Demons are the most popular club in the league and why those low class scoundrels at Collingwood are almost bankrupt.

Yes, it is common in football culture for people to have admiration for the club whose supporters are the most respectful.

This is why the Melbourne Demons are the most popular club in the league and why those low class scoundrels at Collingwood are almost bankrupt.

I'll reiterate, it's okay to let them know what they're missing, but overall it is better to be known as a supporter, not a whiner. I think your sarcastic line actually does have truth in it, people look at the crows as a bunch of idiots who don't know their club or the game and just sook and whine, but we are seen as knowledgeable, passionate supporters, the right kind of supporters.. most of the time.. some things have damaged our reputation lately, like the crowd numbers drop, but crowd numbers don't exactly have anything to do with crowd mentality.

I have nothing against Danyle Pearce and didn't boo, mainly because it simply felt a waste of energy. But there's been a few over-reactions to the booing here. Former players have been booed for as long as I can remember, and I doubt it would have affected Pearce much if at all.
straw.jpg

Chaplin's career with us in a nutshell.

When Chaplin was shouting "Bobby!!! Come here!!! I need you!!!!" Bobby was thinking, "Shouldn't I be guarding space so that I can cut off Nick's lead but go over the top if they kick long to him. In the end Bobby probably relented and helped Chappy try and out-muscle Riewoldt which led us to be subsequently burnt on the lead. Of course it was Bobby's fault :rolleyes:

Hombsch > Chaplin
Polec > Pearce

This.

Chaplin is an absolute disgrace, used to frustrate the hell out of me as a port player- The fact we have now bought in Hombsch, who not only outdoes Chaplin in 1 on 1's but has elegant skills, brings a smile to the face.

Pearce I have to say probably wouldn't get a gig in our side this season either. With the addition of Polec who goes at 75.9 disposal efficiency, compared to Pearce at 63.7- our outside users are clearly better poised to take us forward.

Troy Chaplin helps his home town get FireReady:

Given his ineptitude in defence, I'm worried for his hometown.

can we change polec > pearce to white > pearce whilst i agree with polec white is more a comperable player than polec in my eyes and shows that we didnt just get one but got 2 better players for him. But i have nothing against pearce at all just happy it worked out for us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no ill-will for Pearce. I had a lot of time for him when he played for us. I have not heard him bad-mouth the club since he left either. That maintains his position for me.

In contrast, Chaplin has been a shit to the club that started his AFL career. Crap bloke who has entered the culture he deserves.

That said, I'm beyond booing these days. As I approach 40, I think less and less of it. My job migh thave to do something with it too. There's not much booing in court (it might enliven things though).

Chaplin needed to totally redefine himself as a footballer and Ken would have been just the man to do that. Instead he is again partly under the guidance of the man responsible for his 'low impact', lazy, unaccountable style.

He was definitely booed.

Of former players the only one I can think of that wasn't booed was Chad Cornes (Brogan was booed).
I LOL'ed at AAMI the night that David Teague got booed.

I also wonder if the quickest I ever saw Troy Chaplin move was in the immediate aftermath of the 2004 GF when he sprinted onto the ground to be apart of it with the boys (that had actually played).

That said, I'm beyond booing these days. As I approach 40, I think less and less of it. My job migh thave to do something with it too. There's not much booing in court (it might enliven things though).

I'd like to see that.

Meanwhile... please hurry up and get here Saturday night.

I also wonder if the quickest I ever saw Troy Chaplin move was in the immediate aftermath of the 2004 GF when he sprinted onto the ground to be apart of it with the boys (that had actually played).

:rolleyes:

Yeah I'm all for some Chaplin schadenfreude, but this is just stupid.

I don't boo past players - even Peters brother. When they leave the PAFC they are no longer any concern for me.

Booing is like the last thing simpletons can do to express their disagreement when all other ways of protesting are physically or mentally beyond them.

When I hear booing I picture some old cows supporter, sitting in their recently filled adult diapers, not really knowing why the are booing but doing it anyway..

Having said that I love a good barrack at a game and have expressed my disdain more than once at some "special" umpire decisions :)

Chaplin needed to totally redefine himself as a footballer and Ken would have been just the man to do that. Instead he is again partly under the guidance of the man responsible for his 'low impact', lazy, unaccountable style.

To do that a footballer first needs to be driven and committed and prepared to put in the hard work and effort required. Chaplin is not one of those footballers. That's why he's at an overrated club like Richmond.

Hey, it'd be great.
"The defense" - "Booooo" - "states"
"Ah come on judge, that question was clearly out of bounds, are you blind!?!"
And the head juror could have flags, when the prosecution or defense rests they can either wave it through as a goal, point or out of bounds on the full depending on how good it was.

I see a TV show in your future. Move aside judge Judy, it's judge MrMeaner. Like any court, only Meaner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back