Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Named my eldest after Darcy Moore so good to have another Darcy at Club
I dont know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. I named my gold fish after Peter Moore and when he left I had to change the gold fish's name to Peter Daicos. Having another Darcy gives options.

Does this spell the end for Max Lynch?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't necessarily think so. Cameron is 24 whereas Lynch is still only 21. Ideally you'd keep both and they'd share that KPF/ruck role at VFL level which probably has greater ramifications for VFL listed rucks like Lachy Howe. Time will tell.

I like the Cameron signing. Cost us stuff all. Offers back up at ruck and key forward which will allow us to maintain our structures in an injury pinch. I reckon he is behind Cox and Reid for the role currently. We have some depth now. Not awesome exciting depth but important to have.

I think he might be at least Equal on Reid as he is Pretty much Done

This is exactly what the Murray deal should of looked like. Nothing to dislike about this trade at all. Well done NED.

It's exactly what the Murray trade did look like, exchange of picks for a player.

Colin Wisbey Report about Cameorn:

(Before I go further, Josh Fraser was clearly a *better* player; I'm now merely comparing aspects of style/type)

- Main seeling point of both is arguably athleticism / mobility (for such height), albeit Cameron had (has?) iffy tank and Josh was "naturally" slim whereas Cameron was always a stronger build. (BTW, my understanding is that Cameron has worked on his tank and conditioning in recent years)

- Better overhead than Josh

- Not as adept / prolific as "ruckrover"

- Tap work very good but, like Josh, hasn't been someone who relishes the physicality of ruck contests. (That's a significant negative for me re any ruck)

- My main concerns / issues with him were intensity / competitiveness, ethic / workrate. Those are major aspects in any big man role. Were it not for those (historical) issues, I would have deemed him a decent AFL draft prospect back then. Because of those issues though, he was never in danger of making my rankings.

So what jumper number do you think he’ll get?

Depending who else may part ways, and whether there’s a view (internally) he’ll play a bit of senior footy or not?

I’d think Quaynor will move to say 3,
Wilson to say 6,
Noble to 9....

Cameron a bit higher up in the numbers.

Will Mihocek move to a lower number? (14 if available as it’s 41 reversed.)

Big Difference between Picks in the 20's then Picks in the 50's and 60's

That goes to the value of the trade Dave, not the look of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"....Darcy has the instincts of a natural footballer. I think he will give Nathan and the coaching group real flexibility."

Big comment right there for mine - are Cox's ticket's punched? At the very least it now seems he will face stiff competition from Reid, Cameron and possibly Wilson (later on in the year) for his spot, which is welcome news.

Last edited:
Colin Wisbey Report about Cameorn:

(Before I go further, Josh Fraser was clearly a *better* player; I'm now merely comparing aspects of style/type)

- Main seeling point of both is arguably athleticism / mobility (for such height), albeit Cameron had (has?) iffy tank and Josh was "naturally" slim whereas Cameron was always a stronger build. (BTW, my understanding is that Cameron has worked on his tank and conditioning in recent years)

- Better overhead than Josh

- Not as adept / prolific as "ruckrover"

- Tap work very good but, like Josh, hasn't been someone who relishes the physicality of ruck contests. (That's a significant negative for me re any ruck)

- My main concerns / issues with him were intensity / competitiveness, ethic / workrate. Those are major aspects in any big man role. Were it not for those (historical) issues, I would have deemed him a decent AFL draft prospect back then. Because of those issues though, he was never in danger of making my rankings.

That’s an exciting review.

So what jumper number do you think he’ll get?

Depending who else may part ways, and whether there’s a view (internally) he’ll play a bit of senior footy or not?

I’d think Quaynor will move to say 3,
Wilson to say 6,
Noble to 9....

Cameron a bit higher up in the numbers.

Will Mihocek move to a lower number? (14 if available as it’s 41 reversed.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Back