Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

He is an Elite Kick as well.

On Thursday he was in the Backline ran about 25meters then Kicked to Cox about 60 Meters away and hit him on the Chest
If he stays fit, his meters gained could well be number 1 in the league.

You won't have me disagreeing with you there jmac.

I'd say equally capable in all three positions and I'm not even sure key defence is Moore's optimal position.

I've speculated perhaps ruck is his best spot, but with Grundy, at least for Collingwood Moore will never receive that opportunity.

If there was an optimal situation for Moore. I'd personally say Geelong. Play Moore as the number one ruckman and that's where I'd speculate he would play his best football. Not that they're necessarily going to have the currency to make a good offer for Moore.
His optimal position will be holding the premiership cup for Collingwood.

He is an Elite Kick as well.

On Thursday he was in the Backline ran about 25meters then Kicked to Cox about 60 Meters away and hit him on the Chest

That's the rebound Moore can provide. Kicking and run both are strengths.

He said on the news tonight that he is in no hurry to re-sign and looking forward to playing under Hardwick this week.

He also praised our conditioning and medical staff for their work over the pre-season.

Last edited:
So I looks like he might wait until end of the Season

Yes, and maybe see what offers are around. Can be a risk because if he gets injured again or plays poorly his currency goes down.

Will be interesting to see when Jordy appoints a manager if he starts negotiating. He could then jump the queue on Darcy. With Brodie and Scotty tied up, things have become clearer, but Beams fallout still has to be settled.

He said on the news tonight that he is in no hurry to re-sign and looking forward to playing under Hardwick this week.

He also praised our conditioning and medical staff for their work over the pre-season.

He also said he's sure it'll get done at some point. Do you purposefully ignore stuff like that?

Moore is too clever to offer anything of substance to the media. There was nothing in that clip other than standard cookie cutter responses.

As with all mainstream news the cheeky: "... and Darcy Moore and those Richmond rumors" before the adbreak was sensationalist. When will people realise that news is tabloid rubbish these days?

Moore is too clever to offer anything of substance to the media. There was nothing in that clip other than standard cookie cutter responses.

As with all mainstream news the cheeky: "... and Darcy Moore and those Richmond rumors" before the adbreak was sensationalist. When will people realise that news is tabloid rubbish these days?
Going no where, he’ll re sign.

He also said he's sure it'll get done at some point. Do you purposefully ignore stuff like that?
Standard Sea Fog operating procedure. Start with the negative, throw in the seeds of doubt (playing under Hardwick) then end in a minor positive to make sure everyone still thinks he’s a legit Collingwood supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He just wants to keep Club Sweating a Bit
And thats the frustrating thing with Collingwood. Dont recall many players from the great sides (Brisbane 2001-2004, Geelong 2007-2011, Hawthorn 2012-2015 Buddy aside) even having their contracts discussed, as they usually signed with a minimum of fuss to keep the core together.

And thats the frustrating thing with Collingwood. Dont recall many players from the great sides (Brisbane 2001-2004, Geelong 2007-2011, Hawthorn 2012-2015 Buddy aside) even having their contracts discussed, as they usually signed with a minimum of fuss to keep the core together.
Fair point but some of ours like Steele and Scott re-signed with minimum fuss.

Not the strongest point ever, Brissy had way more salary cap than most other teams. Geelong and Hawthorn both lost their best player. We've lost James Aish...

Jonathan Brown did it every year for one.

Not the strongest point ever, Brissy had way more salary cap than most other teams. Geelong and Hawthorn both lost their best player. We've lost James Aish...
and Good Chance loose a Few More

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy Moore Contract extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back