Player Watch Darcy Moore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
big difference between a 10 year verteran who doesn't learn from his mistakes and a 1st year players who to date shows that he learns from his mistakes.
That's such a cop out. Darcy may of played 7 senior games or whatever it was. But he hasn't played 7 games in his life. He's played at an extremely high level all his life from the age of 12 I'm guessing. He should know better than to kick to a 2 on 2, 40m out in the corridor. Us as supporters know that is a terrible decision with 90 seconds left, and he should know better. That ball should of gone to the pocket or to the goals every day of the week. You don't need to be a 200 game player to kbow that.

That's such a cop out. Darcy may of played 7 senior games or whatever it was. But he hasn't played 7 games in his life. He's played at an extremely high level all his life from the age of 12 I'm guessing. He should know better than to kick to a 2 on 2, 40m out in the corridor. Us as supporters know that is a terrible decision with 90 seconds left, and he should know better. That ball should of gone to the pocket or to the goals every day of the week. You don't need to be a 200 game player to kbow that.

Well then I guess we have plenty of Dumb Players as there was Plenty of Dumb Descions when going into our Forward 50.

So You Think Moore is Overrated Then:rolleyes:

Well then I guess we have plenty of Dumb Players as there was Plenty of Dumb Descions when going into our Forward 50.

I'm pretty sure that Ketchup is calling for his immediate de-listing. That's what i took from it! :eek:

I am liking Darcy in the ruck but we need to be careful as to who the opposition second ruck will be as he is only young and his body doesn't need to be rag dolled. Don't want to have a 'Fraser' happen to him.

That is Why I think we are Chasing Kruszer so we don’t have to put Moore in the Ruck. As we seen late in the Season Moore is ahead of White

No one was leading to the pocket, and possibly should have gone for goals but I think he was a bit further out.

Either way, it was definitely a shit kick by him as it didn't hit either of the two Collingwood players BUT it doesn't matter because our midfield and defence shouldn't have set up so poorly to allow a goal like that.

No one was leading to the pocket, and possibly should have gone for goals but I think he was a bit further out.

Either way, it was definitely a shit kick by him as it didn't hit either of the two Collingwood players BUT it doesn't matter because our midfield and defence shouldn't have set up so poorly to allow a goal like that.

Moore Knew it that was a Shocking Kick and Descion just they way he Acted Afterwards.

Should Learn from it and Hopefully make a Better Descion next time.

He was outside of the 50. Bit Far for a Shot on Goal as would have to bounce threw and anything can happen with a Bouncing Ball

there is a big difference of Darcy playing against school boys with no skill or pressure compared to the best of the best. one of White's AFL game is probably equivalent to 100 Moore's Junior games.

there is a big difference of Darcy playing against school boys with no skill or pressure compared to the best of the best. one of White's AFL game is probably equivalent to 100 Moore's Junior games.
But my point still stands. Especially from a high level in junior you're taught "don't kick into a corridor if it's a 50/50 because a direct turnover will leave your exposed" Darcy would of heard that so many times from under 15s rep footy it's not funny.

I can accept a first year player not getting up to speed with AFL intensity, but basic decision making like that I expect better from these kids considering the elite pathways they go through to get into the game.

I'll use Bachar Houli's kick out against Fremantle in the last minute when he went up the middle to a 3 on 1. If that was Maynard I would have the same issue. You don't need to play 100 games to realise that is a bad option.

Maybe I hold too high an expectation on decision making. I don't know.

He tried to pass in our forward line when our goal square was open and made the turnover that cost the game. He'll be good, but your penchants for youngsters is down right disturbing at times.

On my TV he was on the boundary line about 45-50 meters from goal. The question is why did we have two guys converging on the same spot depriving Moore of options and then why did they just stand there looking at each other when the ball arrived.

I'm pretty sure that Ketchup is calling for his immediate de-listing. That's what i took from it! :eek:
So what you Are saying is He is a Witch and we should Burn him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On my TV he was on the boundary line about 45-50 meters from goal. The question is why did we have two guys converging on the same spot depriving Moore of options and then why did they just stand there looking at each other when the ball arrived.
Good call.
I must admit when he picked it up I thought he could run toward goal as it was completely open.
Easy for me to say though, he's a kid in the pressure of the moment etc.
He will be better for it though.

This has probably already been said in this thread but i loved Maxy saying he is a future pies captain.

That draft with DeGoey and Moore is going to turn out pretty special. And possibly Maynard (if he was in that draft, my memory is ordinary)?

Was at the game. Moore's kick didn't cost the pies the game.
I've said it all year. Teams run it from our Half forward line with ease and go coast to coast with a guaranteed shot for goals. Almost resulting in a goal because the opppsition player has no or little pressure applied to him.
Where was the pressure on Essendon as they hand balled through the corridor with no pressure from their half back line. Who was manning up the Essendon player that was on his own for 30 seconds. The TV doesn't show this. Being at the game does.
We saw it again against Essendon. A team that had lost hope and confidence for most of the year. We obliged and gave them both. Our game style leaves the door open for clubs to come back in all our games this year.
We played Essendon a team on their knees and we played them as though they were the Harlem Globe Trotters!

So he thinks Moore is a complete dud and should be delisted immediately and Hine should be fired because he doesn't know what he is doing....

Watching him get separation from his opponent most of the day was a highlight. Him running away from his opponents was a rare sight. I am glad he made those errors. That will drive him over the summer to improve his kicking and decision making on the run.

Watching him get separation from his opponent most of the day was a highlight. Him running away from his opponents was a rare sight. I am glad he made those errors. That will drive him over the summer to improve his kicking and decision making on the run.[/QUOTE]

Very Good Point there. Least make a Positive out of a Negative. Moore would hate to do that Again that is for sure

Yeah I also loved him Running away from Carlisle those 2 times in the Last. Made him look Ordinary did Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back