Darren Gough

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 28, 2000
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Sad to see him succumb to injury yet again and miss another ashes tour. Question is, is this the end for Darren Gough's career in international cricket?
Been one of the few English cricketers that has actually served it up to us and has been a great bowler over the course of his career (when fit of course).
In my mind, it would be sad to see him retire in this fashion.

Darren Gough will struggle to be fit for the World Cup next year with this latest set back which is a shame. With Simon Jones also breaking down this summer, England's attack looks very ordinary for the remainder of this Ashes series and leading into the World Cup.

SeinDude

I said at the begining of this tour that I don't reckon he'll ever play another Test, he just breaks down whenever he starts to crank up the pressure.

Gough is easily England's best bowlers of the past 7 or 8 years - there isn't even a contest.

A brilliant quickie and watching him bowl was one of the things i was really looking forward to this summer and its not to bad unfortunately.

Originally posted by SeinDude
Darren Gough will struggle to be fit for the World Cup next year with this latest set back which is a shame.

It's worse then a case of struggling to make the World Cup, he's already been ruled out.

I've been reading articles in the English press as they would have more inside sources and knowledge of what his future prospects are; the sad consensus is that we have seen the last of Gough at international level.

One report said that Gough had confided privately on the day the group left for Australia that he was no chance of playing in The Ashes. If true, what an inditement on the English cricketing hierarchy that they even picked him in the first place.

Originally posted by wagstaff
It's worse then a case of struggling to make the World Cup, he's already been ruled out.

I've been reading articles in the English press as they would have more inside sources and knowledge of what his future prospects are; the sad consensus is that we have seen the last of Gough at international level.

Oh no - i hope not :(

One report said that Gough had confided privately on the day the group left for Australia that he was no chance of playing in The Ashes. If true, what an inditement on the English cricketing hierarchy that they even picked him in the first place.

bring him here and rushing him in like that was the worst desion i seen anyone make - how can they?????????

clicksmilies61257.png

He had a great "stick it up yer" attitude, which many of the Poms seem to lack. Whatever happened to those arrogant poms of past Ashes encounters????

Beating this lot is not so much fun....they seem so forlorn anyway.

England need someone with unbridled ****iness..like a Deark Randall or Ian Botham.

I don't think it even matter whether or not they can really serve it up to us in the ability stakes as long as the exude a little punch!!

You aren't going to win if you think you're beaten before you start.

Very sad if Goughie won't be returning to play International Cricket due to injuries. He was the only English player who had a bit of fire in his belly and definately England's best bowler of the last 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Gough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back