Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

I would extend the caution to taking sides in the dispute. No one here knows what's going on there. You can support the guy without taking sides.
But you can most certainly make a very evidence based assessment of the inherent bias in the Family Court.

But you can most certainly make a very evidence based assessment of the inherent bias in the Family Court.

Plenty of debate to be had, but not here.

Just wish Darren all the best. Finding family life after divorce can be hell, so hope he gets relief sooner rather than later.

I hear this a lot but have a totally different experience. Could be I got lucky or more likely my ex is crazy as a coconut. But each time I have been to family court it has been positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You go out of your way to highlight the faults you see in me, taking every opportunity to pounce on my posts and encourage me to leave the country and never return.

I just wonder if you ever take note of the reception your views receive from numerous posters on this board. You seriously need to reassess the manner in which you approach people and issues in social media because you rarely come across as an empathetic or likable individual. Occasionally you surprise by posting something which indicates there is sympathetic individual lurking in there somewhere, like the time you were upset by the dead bird's partner a week or so back.

Darren Jolly's situation with his daughters is heartbreaking for him. From reading his post, I could understand him wishing to end his life. I don't understand why you had to make your certainty that he wouldn't suicide the centerpiece of a thread in which everyone else was concerned only for his immediate welfare. You are a strange guy.
I’m a realist.
And I call things as I see them.
Did Jolly go through with the implied threat?
The answer is no.
He published his feelings and got the desired result.
Those who are serious a) don’t publish it. Or b) do the deed minutes after publishing it.
This is reality.
I’m a realist.
And I was right.

I will ask that we be sensitive about the kind of people who might be reading our posts. They could have lost loved ones to suicide (I'll put my hand up), or be struggling themselves.

It's acceptable to use the board to raise an alert about someone in danger or to express sympathy and support, but it is dangerous and irresponsible to be playing guessing games about the behaviour of a person in a dark place.

FYI Anzacday Gone Critical Magpie Girl Maggie5
I stated a view.
On a forum full of views.
Not a popular view, but a view widely discussed in the world.
Some views people don’t like, you’ve told me enough times tyou don’t like my views on lots of subjects.
While this is a sensitive subject I don’t get why there should be censorship on it.
Anyway, that’s you and your cohorts choice of course.
This place certainly isn’t a place for free thought as has been proven in the past.
“Conform or be punished“ should be imbedded in the rules so we all know where we stand.

I’m a realist.
And I call things as I see them.
Did Jolly go through with the implied threat?
The answer is no.
He published his feelings and got the desired result.
Those who are serious a) don’t publish it. Or b) do the deed minutes after publishing it.
This is reality.
I’m a realist.
And I was right.
Maybe some people want to make sure the infringing party is aware of its contribution to a suicide and that others know the circumstances leading to their death. Jolly's whereabouts were discovered following a well publicised search by numerous concerned people and groups. Maybe he just didn't get the opportunity to follow through on his intentions. The general advice regarding suicide is to treat any threat seriously.

I stated a view.
On a forum full of views.
Not a popular view, but a view widely discussed in the world.
Some views people don’t like, you’ve told me enough times tyou don’t like my views on lots of subjects.
While this is a sensitive subject I don’t get why there should be censorship on it.
Anyway, that’s you and your cohorts choice of course.
This place certainly isn’t a place for free thought as has been proven in the past.
“Conform or be punished“ should be imbedded in the rules so we all know where we stand.

It is a sensitive subject, but no one wanted to censor you.

What they asked for was some restraint, for you to exercise some self-censorship, to just let it be.

People have already pointed out that your generalisation is wrong, and they have memories of friends and families which contradict what you're saying in the worse possible way.

But your commitment to stupidity is unwavering. You choose to keep pressing a point which too many people know is horribly wrong, and now you're parading yourself as a martyr for free speech.

Think more, type less.

Or a job in the marketing department.

I think we have enough jobs for the boys in the football department.

Yeah true....what was I thinking? That a two time premiership ruckman might have some insight into how a ruckman might connect with his midfield.....sheeeeesh...silly Rob.

It is a sensitive subject, but no one wanted to censor you.

What they asked for was some restraint, for you to exercise some self-censorship, to just let it be.
Spot on.
No need to brow beat anyone into accepting or agreeing with your opinion.
Conversely, others should accept, (without necessarily agreeing with) the opinion of others too.

Once the big bloke settles down and has his situation more balanced...maybe the club (Ed) could look at including him a bit...(ready made ruck coach)

You don't think we have enough in the boys club right now? I hope Jolly gets the help he needs & gets to see his kids on a regular basis.
But as a club we need to get the best coaches not be overburdened with mates & ex pie players. Our current ruck coach is already an ex pie, so does he get the boot or repositioned into another job at Edquarters?

No offence to you but I'm over the way we run things at the moment. Just get the best we can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think we have enough in the boys club right now? I hope Jolly gets the help he needs & gets to see his kids on a regular basis.
But as a club we need to get the best coaches not be overburdened with mates & ex pie players. Our current ruck coach is already an ex pie, so does he get the boot or repositioned into another job at Edquarters?

No offence to you but I'm over the way we run things at the moment. Just get the best we can.

I hear your misgivings but Jolls is hardly part of OUR boys club. Yeah he played for us but he also played for Melbourne and Sydney before us. Probably gives him more experience and real life perspective than others.
Another thing in his favour would be his relevance to our current ruckman. Jolls was a physical ruckman (like Grundy) who had some mongrel (also like Grundy) and he had to ruck against leaping rucks like Ottens and Dean Cox whilst hardly having a giant leap himself (like Grundy).
I think he would be a canny pick up to replace Pebbles (who has had quite a few years of CFC $$$ without really teaching Grundy that much).

Now if we could just replace Sando and Harves.

...Those who are serious a) don’t publish it. Or b) do the deed minutes after publishing it.
This is reality.
I’m a realist.
And I was right.

You are describing ‘outcome bias’ B&W

Additionally, your opinion is not supported in the research literature nor practice of mental health professionals

In Darren's case, hopefully his friends and professionals are providing the care he needs

I hear your misgivings but Jolls is hardly part of OUR boys club. Yeah he played for us but he also played for Melbourne and Sydney before us. Probably gives him more experience and real life perspective than others.
Another thing in his favour would be his relevance to our current ruckman. Jolls was a physical ruckman (like Grundy) who had some mongrel (also like Grundy) and he had to ruck against leaping rucks like Ottens and Dean Cox whilst hardly having a giant leap himself (like Grundy).
I think he would be a canny pick up to replace Pebbles (who has had quite a few years of CFC $$$ without really teaching Grundy that much).

Now if we could just replace Sando and Harves.
To this day I can never get my head around how Rocca ended up with the ruck coaching role. Did end up with a dual Australian under his tutelage though.

Just think how good he could get if he had an experienced ruckman coaching him?
Dean Cox would be handy

People who suicide, and that’s the inference here, don’t make public their intentions.
This is a cry for help. But it’s not an actual suicide note.
That's actually a Myth. Once suicide ideation is mentioned, it's high alert for counsellors because a vast number of those who suicide do discuss it in one way shape or form.

Dean Cox would be handy
Cox was a bit Grundy like in his ruck work.

Can he be any worse than Harvey and Sando? (and they've got the "appropriate credentials")....sometimes credentials can give inappropriate people leverage they should never have been awarded.
Yes, but most other clubs have moved away from the theory that he was great at doing it, therefore he'll be great at teaching it and a fabulous strategist as well.

Please delete if not allowed mods. I mean no disrespect or offence to anybody. Posted on Instagram one hour ago. I hope this doesn’t end how it appears it might. C’mon DJ, there’s plenty of people who love you big man, hope you can find it in yourself to reach out one more time. Breaks my heart to think about people in such a deep, dark state feeling so lonely. Call someone mate!

If anyone here is battling their own issues, please seek help. There’s always someone who will listen <3
View attachment 995891
View attachment 995892
This is horribly sad. I really hope he can reconcile with his daughters one day in the future, and he needs to hold into that hope, that time heals all wounds. Wishing DJ all the best, and l really hope the club and the AFL is doing what they can to assist him to get all the help he needs... 😪

I hear this a lot but have a totally different experience. Could be I got lucky or more likely my ex is crazy as a coconut. But each time I have been to family court it has been positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got very lucky.

I have so many good mates who have ben crucified by the Family Court. Currently my brother is being screwed. A very good man whose wife announced she no longer loves him. She had been getting her ducks all lined up for the past two years while he kept asking her to attend marriage counselling with him which she refused to do. When she announced her desire to leave him she already had her lawyer ready to go and he was caught on the back foot, emotionally and in every other sense. Now, even though she says he was a kind and good husband, he has to fight to get a fraction of the time she has been granted with the kids. She kept property in her mum's name since before they married and refused to sell it (even though it is hers and she lived there before marrying my brother) when he wanted to wind down his working hours and spend more time with her and the kids. He paid for everything=the house and mortgage and now she is residing in another luxury home while her rich mum is paying the rent. She is still fighting him for every cent while desperately trying to keep her property off the table as far as being a part of the financial settlement. He is unemployed now and suffering all kinds of mental health issues but she is determined to make him struggle for time with his kids and an equitable financial settlement. Her home (in her mum's name) is valued at 1.7 million dollars. Her mum is an old woman and a multi millionaire. She is set for life already. My brother is not.

It was the old adage-"What is yours is ours. What is mine is just for me!"

I told him he should have heard the alarm bells from the start but love does funny things to a person.

I could tell you many horror stories involving other mates as I'm sure could many other decent men. I know this isn't the forum for this discussion but I had to vent on behalf of my poor brother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back