Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

sweet_daddy_coconut

Senior List
Nov 23, 2008
bullet city, bang bang
AFL Club
Carlton
Seeing that fev is gone and we're going to trade him i think a trade involving jolly would be good for both parties. We want to get rid of fev and jolly wants to leave sydney. We could play jolly and warnock in the ruck and play kreuzer up foward?

perhaps we could then trade hammer to port for say pick 9 and use that pick to draft a kpf
or we could trade it to west coast for say mckinerly for there to second rounders?

if fev is leaving, lets get a player that we may actually be able to use. jolly is a good ruckman, not a superstar as some are making him out to be, but i think other clubs like collingwood will be gunning for him more.

Just saw Swanny on the news saying that no club was asking for fev..what a surprise...it is going to be very hard to get rid of fev.

Just a query will swannie stick by his earlier statement and sack Fev if he doesnt get a trade. He did say publicly that one more drink related offence and he would be gone. West Coast took the hard line with cousins will Carlton do the same. If they dont what message will it send to your young players.

Just a query will swannie stick by his earlier statement and sack Fev if he doesnt get a trade. He did say publicly that one more drink related offence and he would be gone. West Coast took the hard line with cousins will Carlton do the same. If they dont what message will it send to your young players.

WestCoast had no other alternative! cousins basically came out and said im a drug addict.

Alcohol is a problem but not as bad as illicit drugs.

Didn't know he said that...

If he did, then yes he will be sacked...

Swann is the best in the business and he controls the club...

lol. You have got to be joking. Your drug infested Club turned a blind eye to what was going on for 4-5 years, not only with Cousins, but several other Weagleland players. You Club has been a slur on our game. :)

Forget about Jolly, this deal has been on the go for nearly six months. He is going to Collingwood- unless the Pies manage to stuff it up (if anyone can, they can though).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ruckman: Hampson, Jacobs, Warnock, Kruezer
Can Ruck if someone goes down: Ohaplin Cloke.

Too many ruckman. Would have to offload someone. Hampson to Port. But he will be around much longer and may in fact be much better within a year

Exactly we have enough ruckman which is fantastic for our depth. We won't trade Hampson off to Port because as soon as the GC team come into the league they will trade him off.

Something like this would be good:
- Luke Ball from St. Kilda to Collingwood for Pick 14 (I don't want Fev in Black & White)
- Andrew Lovett + Pick 10 from Essendon to Port Adelaide for Shaun Burgoyne
- Darren Jolly from Sydney to Hawthorn for Pick 9 which is then forwarded onto Carlton for Brendan Fevola + Sam Jacobs (Hawthorn might have to give us someone like Beau Dowler or Mitch Thorp as well)

Probably silly speculation... any thoughts?

You can't unilaterally break a contract. We could sack him, but we'd have to pay him out two years, and it would count against our salary cap.

The "one more offence" thing was before he signed a new contract, which like all other AFLPA contracts forbids "one more offence" sacking clauses.

As for Jolly - WTF? Why on earth would we trade for a 28yo ruckman when we have such solid ruck stocks now? Particularly when we have a screaming priority for a key forward (and no, I don't think Kreuzer's the answer there).

I would rather if Jolly was happy to go to Port.

Jolly to Port, 8 to Carlton, Fev to Sydney.

He can't get to the Hawks who also need him as they have to give their pick up for Burgoyne.

Jolly to Collingwood, Fev to Sydney, ROK and 14 to Carlton. I know we need forwards but I would rather a few more years or ROK than take a punt on a Collingwood fringe forward.

We could use 14 for a fringe forward somewhere or maybe #14 and #43 to the Dogs for Everitt and #31

Over the trade period, we would:

Gain: McLean, Everitt, ROK, #31
Lose: Fevola, #11, #43

Might be the best we can get with Fev's value plummeting.

He can't get to the Hawks who also need him as they have to give their pick up for Burgoyne.

Jolly to Collingwood, Fev to Sydney, ROK and 14 to Carlton. I know we need forwards but I would rather a few more years or ROK than take a punt on a Collingwood fringe forward.

We could use 14 for a fringe forward somewhere or maybe #14 and #43 to the Dogs for Everitt and #31

Sounds all well and good but would the Swans be prepared to lose ROK and Jolly for Fev.

IMO they would want more from that.

I can't understand why you need Jolly.

When it comes to ruck stocks - the boxes are ticked, concentrate on backline and forward line and take some steps forward.

You're taking the piss, aren't you? West Coast only took the hard line on Cousins after they had won a premiership, also with the threat of harsh penalties from the AFL hanging over their head & because he backed them into a corner when it became apparent that his drug use could no longer be concealed.

If Cousins hadn't self destructed, he would still be on the Eagles' list today with the full support of Woosha. Make no mistake about that.

As for the message sent to the young players, you need look no further than the Eagles. Excel on the field & it won't matter what you do off the field.

Sounds all well and good but would the Swans be prepared to lose ROK and Jolly for Fev.

IMO they would want more from that.
Jolly is going anyway, ROK wanted to go. Fev would hold more value than ROK. All are the same age. It's possible.

Well thought out post ODN :thumbsu:

Would be real happy with McLean, Everitt, ROK and #31, would be a great trade week for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Jolly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back