ICanDressMyself

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, United, Redbacks
Having a bit of a debate with a friend of mine who thinks the entire SA team should be sacked, including Dizzy and Lehmann. :eek: Apparently Lehmann hasn't done a good enough job as captain and says he's the one responsible for Cosgrove constant weight problems and that Lehmann is one of the worst captains off field.

Thoughts?

Totally agree with your mate.

Honestly though , the redbacks are an utter rabble. Having the gimmick of batting collapses that result in double figure totals is a really crappy gimmick to have. hopefully we lost this gimmick some time this millenium

Amazing, rather than debate the issue with me, you run to bigfooty to whine. Class act.

Having a bit of a debate with a friend of mine who thinks the entire SA team should be sacked, including Dizzy and Lehmann.

Anyone with a brain could see that sack the whole team was a deliberate exaggeration.

Apparently Lehmann hasn't done a good enough job as captain

Bottom on both tables... good enough for you?

says he's the one responsible for Cosgrove constant weight problems

Wrong, i didnt say that he was the one responsible for it, however i DID say that he should have done something about the problem before he did. Coming out this week and talking in the media about it was far from the best way to handle it.

and that Lehmann is one of the worst captains off field.

I didnt say he was one of the worst since im not informed on other states captains. However, i did point out that the SACA came through the media to suggest that Lehmann isnt doing enough off the field, and say that he is likely to be reappointed, mainly because of their disappointment with his off field commitment to the team.

mbuck said:
how many teeth does your mate have?

A full set. Yourself?

Lehmann's captaincy in recent weeks has been strange. Usually the most astute of cricket strategists, he seems to be trying odd things for the point of it.

Amazing, rather than debate the issue with me, you run to bigfooty to whine. Class act.

Well, there are some cricket fanatics on here with knowledge of the game. It's actually a good issue to debate with everyone.

Having a bit of a debate with a friend of mine who thinks the entire SA team should be sacked, including Dizzy and Lehmann.

Anyone with a brain could see that sack the whole team was a deliberate exaggeration.

I would have thought so. Sacking the whole team :eek: Anyone who thinks that has major issues.

Apparently Lehmann hasn't done a good enough job as captain

Bottom on both tables... good enough for you?

Didn't he mean off-field? Plus, it's not Lehmann's fault. Phillips is the one that needs to get the boot! Lehmann has probably been one of the best captains this year regardless of the Redbacks position. Does he ever fail with the bat? No. He's also very handy with the ball when we're looking for a breakthrough.

A fine captain, Phillips needs to take most of the blame.

says he's the one responsible for Cosgrove constant weight problems

Wrong, i didnt say that he was the one responsible for it, however i DID say that he should have done something about the problem before he did. Coming out this week and talking in the media about it was far from the best way to handle it.

:confused: He should have done something about it before he did? What does that mean? Again, it's not Lehmann's fault. As captain his job isn't to make sure that Cosgrove doesn't get overweight. It all comes down to Cosi, it's his own fault that his weight is getting out of hand. If he actually took cricket seriously and started to get fit, Lehmann wouldn't have had to say anything. If anything Lehmann bringing it up in the media was a good thing. That way Cosi might get it through his thick skull that his weight at present is unacceptable.

Lehmann seems to be getting caught up in all this when it's not his fault. Cosi's weight - Cosi's fault. Team performing poorly - Phillips' fault. There's only so much Boof can do. He produces with the bat 9 times out of 10 and his presence on field is a major boost to the Redbacks. To sit there and critisize one of the states best cricketers ever seen is poor form.

and that Lehmann is one of the worst captains off field.

I didnt say he was one of the worst since im not informed on other states captains. However, i did point out that the SACA came through the media to suggest that Lehmann isnt doing enough off the field, and say that he is likely to be reappointed, mainly because of their disappointment with his off field commitment to the team.

Reappointed? To the job as captain? :confused: What are you talking about? This is Lehmann's last year anyway so he will obviously see out the season as captain.

SACA came through the media to suggest that Lehmann isn't doing enough off field? What happened to your theory about coming out in the media and talking about it was far from the best way to handle it? :rolleyes: Who cares about SACA anyway? They're the ones that are ********ing up, not Lehmann. A decade has gone by and the SACA still hasn't done ******** all with the Redbacks. Failure after failure.

It's interesting though, if you think Lehmann is such a crappy captain, who should take his place? Do you honestly think that's going to change how the Redbacks perform? Also, you said you didn't want the entire team sacked because it was an obvious exaggeration, but you do want some fellas sacked don't you? Who are they and can you show us how you think the team should look like?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lehmann's captaincy in recent weeks has been strange. Usually the most astute of cricket strategists, he seems to be trying odd things for the point of it.

Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that our season is basically over so he's trying new things? No matter what you're always going to be critisized as captain and I think under the circumstances Lehmann is doing a fine job.

I think the problem afflicting the Redbacks is that the young blokes, the batters especially, are content with making a start or a fifty and that being enough for their contribution. Some of them seem content with meidocrity. It's not only the responsibility of Boof but also that of the coaching staff to get them on track, last season they looked like an exiciting line-up that could could take on and beat all-comers. The Redbacks have the talent, with at least three that could one day hold a regular place in the Australian side, they need to apply themselves.

exacty

Thats why I believe the culture and the attitute of the SACA and the Redbacks are the problem and that comes from the Administration, Coaches and senior players

Darren, Shaun and Jason are the only three players that are doing that - the rest either cant or wont

But how much responsibility do off-field personnel take for the current slump and how much to the players themselves? They are playing like they read their own press too much over the winter and only have to walk on the field. This is also a result of recruiting from interstate and not developing local players over the last few years. Now when someone is out of form, there is no one to replace them. It just highlights the poor attitude and decision making of the Admin. and coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darren Lehmann

Remove this Banner Ad

Back