Tigeronprowl

Draftee
Oct 5, 2004
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Mark my words, if this kid remains injury free will go top 5 in this years draft. Centreman with huge talent and balance. Hird like. Also tough. Plays with Murray Bushrangers, go and watch him as you will not be disappointed. You heard it here first.

Mark my words, if this kid remains injury free will go top 5 in this years draft. Centreman with huge talent and balance. Hird like. Also tough. Plays with Murray Bushrangers, go and watch him as you will not be disappointed. You heard it here first.

You........sorry I meant 'he' is hard to miss with the boots he wears :D

Played okay today. Kicked some nice goals. Obviously hard to tell from a distance but I think it safe to say he has a lot of self belief ;)

You........sorry I meant 'he' is hard to miss with the boots he wears :D

Played okay today. Kicked some nice goals. Obviously hard to tell from a distance but I think it safe to say he has a lot of self belief ;)

funny how you can pick that up so quickly without even knowing the boy.. but as you said pretty safe to say :thumbsu:

Will not be top 5 draft pick height will go against him. Don't think he will go top 30 and a high chance he will not be drafted at all. In my opinion he has not improved dramatically over the last 2 years and may not develop any further then were he is at now. Good player in a side that is not as strong as last years squad and has a history of soft tissue injuries. Currently in Vic Country Squad (dont believe he should be) so it will be interesting to see if he continues to get through on past performances as he has done for the last 3 years. Ive seen him play at least 40 times over last 4 years and I think you have really over rated him and his potential. H e wouldn't even get close to last years top 20 players that were drafted.

Not that there are quotas on how many get drafted from a team, and some are different players but would Barolli from the Bushies be drafted before Sidebottom, Ziebell, Rockcliff, Browne, Wright and maybe even Daniels?

I hate to be negative, but top 5?

If I'm wrong, I know where I heard it first.:D

Will not be top 5 draft pick height will go against him. Don't think he will go top 30 and a high chance he will not be drafted at all. In my opinion he has not improved dramatically over the last 2 years and may not develop any further then were he is at now. Good player in a side that is not as strong as last years squad and has a history of soft tissue injuries. Currently in Vic Country Squad (dont believe he should be) so it will be interesting to see if he continues to get through on past performances as he has done for the last 3 years. Ive seen him play at least 40 times over last 4 years and I think you have really over rated him and his potential. H e wouldn't even get close to last years top 20 players that were drafted.

I agree he won't go top 5 but to say he shouldn't have made the Vic Country squad seems strange to me. I have seen 2 of his 3 games so far and he thoroughly deserves to be in the squad. His game on Saturday was excellent.

I agree he won't go top 5 but to say he shouldn't have made the Vic Country squad seems strange to me. I have seen 2 of his 3 games so far and he thoroughly deserves to be in the squad. His game on Saturday was excellent.

No problems for me, with him in Vic Country also.

Huge difference between an Australia wide AFL top 5 draft pick, and being in the Vic Country training squad of 44 or so.

Yes there is. He's averaged 24 possessions a game from the 1st 3 so he deserves the chance with VC.
I think if you check your stats you will find that you have value addded a bit. According to the TAC stats for the first 3 rounds Dash is averaging below 20 effective possesions. Still really good numbers but not 24 a game.

I think if you check your stats you will find that you have value addded a bit. According to the TAC stats for the first 3 rounds Dash is averaging below 20 effective possesions. Still really good numbers but not 24 a game.
Who said anything about effective disposals?

Since when is that the measure of how many disposals a player gets? He's averaging just shy of 25 disposals, in reality, and is just shy of 71% kicking effectiveness, which is pretty good when you compare him to many of the other draft prospects in the TAC Cup.

What's with your vendetta against the kid?

Unfortunately some one has suggested he is a top 5 draft prospect, which realistically he's not. He is a top player who continues to impress.

IMO he will make the final Vic Country squad and then who knows?

Fantastic effort to be in the training squad, so let's keep it positive.

Who said anything about effective disposals?

Since when is that the measure of how many disposals a player gets? He's averaging just shy of 25 disposals, in reality, and is just shy of 71% kicking effectiveness, which is pretty good when you compare him to many of the other draft prospects in the TAC Cup.

What's with your vendetta against the kid?
Firstly I have no vendetta against this kid. I actually know Dash well and he would be the first to say he doesn't need to be pumped up. The kid is a top player but facts are facts, recruiting officers do look at effective disposals as one key assessment tool. That's why they take the stat in the first place. You point of averaging 25 is incorrect. After 4 games he is averaging 13 effective disposals. And if you use your figures he is still only averaging 19 possessions according to the official TAC stats. I believe that for him to be considered as a genuine top 30 pick in the draft he would have to lift his possession rate to at least 18 effective possessions, espicially as he plays predominately in the midfield. He also has to increase his goal kicking capacity when he is resting, currently he has only 2 goals this season. The other point to consider (which I am sure recruiters look at) is his ability to recover and demonstrate resilince. He currently has a soft tissue injury that is restricting him (quad) and this is on top of his 2007 history were he had a number of injuries through the year.

My comment about him being selected in VC squad relates to the fact that he was selected early this year before a game being played and based on last years form I found that hard to understand, considering there were better performers in last years bushies squad. For the record in 2007 he played 14 games (a great effort for a first year player) and averaged 8 effective disposals and got only 2 goals. Or using your figures he average 12 disposals for the year. Hardly figures that would suggest he would be a top 10 selecton.

Its unfortunate that you interprete my analytical assessment of a players stats as being a "vendetta". I will continue to voice my opinion back up by solid TAC data. Maybe you should consider doing the same. Dash is a very good player but in my opinion will not be drafted top 30 and I don't really think he has much chance of being drafted at all (look at the guys that missed out last year eg. Hockey from Mooroopna).

I'm a big fan of stats too, but those "effective" disposals at times are bloody decieving. I'm not sure how they categorise them but nothing beats evaluation of a players skill by watching the game yourself.

And to me a possession is a possession. How he wins it, whether he carries the ball, does the team thing etc. is all important too.

He averages 19.3 possessions per game after four rounds. Mind you I assume he was injured early against NSW/ACT (a three possession game), so based on the first three games he averaged 24.6 possessions per game which are good figures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will continue to voice my opinion back up by solid TAC data.
I wouldn't rely on the TAC data. Most of the clubs use Champion data software but those using it are not professionals. For example at a recent Chargers game the "caller" who wasn't their regular came up with a record number of tackles and not effective tackles. All TAC games go to Champion data for analysis which is then relayed to the clubs and recruiters and is something they pay to get done. The game and stats that appear on the TAC website whilst useful are certainly not as accurate as those which are analyzed post mortem. Don't pay any attention to TAC effective disposals, some kids cop a bad wrap because of this one, trust your own eyes.

I wouldn't rely on the TAC data. Most of the clubs use Champion data software but those using it are not professionals. For example at a recent Chargers game the "caller" who wasn't their regular came up with a record number of tackles and not effective tackles. All TAC games go to Champion data for analysis which is then relayed to the clubs and recruiters and is something they pay to get done. The game and stats that appear on the TAC website whilst useful are certainly not as accurate as those which are analyzed post mortem. Don't pay any attention to TAC effective disposals, some kids cop a bad wrap because of this one, trust your own eyes.
Fully agree, the TAC stats are only usefull as one guideline and are ptentially flawed both in respect of missing stats but also of recording incorrect ones. As I stated before Barolli is a top player but I don't feel he is good enough at this stage to warrent being spoken about in top ten terms. We will find out at the end of this season.

Interesting to see that Dash has been selected on a half back flank this week. Wonder if he will actually start there. Can't remember him playing a lot of footy down back. Also good to see he has recovered from his injury.

Interesting to see that Dash has been selected on a half back flank this week. Wonder if he will actually start there. Can't remember him playing a lot of footy down back. Also good to see he has recovered from his injury.

his only a 50% chance to play.. he will confirm tonight if he is right to go...

I can't see him getting selected if he doesn't play this week? Or can he?
Why not? I'm sure the selectors take other things into account not just practice match form.

Game 1 is on May 25th. Game 5 is on July 9th. A lot of water goes under the bridge in that time. It's quite likely there will be injuries for a start, they'll need replacements. Anyone who misses out first time around may as well not give up.

Didn't play by the looks of things. Hope he can get up to play in the Vic Country trial game this week. I can't see him getting selected if he doesn't play this week? Or can he?

Plenty of precedence that being injured doesn't mean you're out.

The selectors would want to know if it's long term or short term and would also want to see physio/doctor's reports and factor all that in.

As I stated before Barolli is a top player but I don't feel he is good enough at this stage to warrent being spoken about in top ten terms. We will find out at the end of this season.
I don't think anyone, other than the OP, is saying that he's a Top 10 prospect.

However, what YOU "stated before" is "Don't think he will go top 30 and a high chance he will not be drafted at all. In my opinion he has not improved dramatically over the last 2 years and may not develop any further then were he is at now."

That's a far cry from saying that he's a "top player". I would think a "top player" is a strong chance for Top 30 and almost a monty to be drafted.

I don't think anyone, other than the OP, is saying that he's a Top 10 prospect.

However, what YOU "stated before" is "Don't think he will go top 30 and a high chance he will not be drafted at all. In my opinion he has not improved dramatically over the last 2 years and may not develop any further then were he is at now."

That's a far cry from saying that he's a "top player". I would think a "top player" is a strong chance for Top 30 and almost a monty to be drafted.
I was actually referring to his status within the TAC and the GVFL. I think all players in the TAC are "top " players. The selectors rightly or wrongly felt so and picked them in their squads. I have no doubt that Dash is in the top 15 players in Bushies. But not in the top 6. This is only my opinion. So it just depends on how you interpret the use of "top". Imagine the comments if I was to have stated that he is an "average" or "handy" TAC player. I still don't rate him as a draft chance at this stage of the year.

Plenty of precedence that being injured doesn't mean you're out.

The selectors would want to know if it's long term or short term and would also want to see physio/doctor's reports and factor all that in.
Spoke to Dash's father the other night and he informed me that Dash could have played Bushies last week but they chose to rest him as a precaution. He stated that Dash will play this weekend in the trial game. He also stated that Dash has been told that he also has to play this week to push for final selection.

I was actually referring to his status within the TAC and the GVFL. I think all players in the TAC are "top " players. The selectors rightly or wrongly felt so and picked them in their squads. I have no doubt that Dash is in the top 15 players in Bushies. But not in the top 6. This is only my opinion. So it just depends on how you interpret the use of "top". Imagine the comments if I was to have stated that he is an "average" or "handy" TAC player. I still don't rate him as a draft chance at this stage of the year.

I am with you on dash he's a strong player but imo he hasnt got the pace cleaness of hands skills or decision making talents to be drafted . He is playing a junior comp with a fully developed body so you cant expect a lot of upside with him . His skills are not class and he tries to do to much at times I'd rate him as you did and if you look at passed history on drafting bushies wont get 6 players drafted this year so if he's not in the top 6 it will be hard. IMO the draftees possible for bushies are Browne,Ziebel,sidebottom ,milne ,sheahan,rockliff and history says not all will go.Not saying that if dash worked really hard he couldnt make it but i would say he needs a lot of improvement in his game at the minute .

I am with you on dash he's a strong player but imo he hasnt got the pace cleaness of hands skills or decision making talents to be drafted . He is playing a junior comp with a fully developed body so you cant expect a lot of upside with him . His skills are not class and he tries to do to much at times I'd rate him as you did and if you look at passed history on drafting bushies wont get 6 players drafted this year so if he's not in the top 6 it will be hard. IMO the draftees possible for bushies are Browne,Ziebel,sidebottom ,milne ,sheahan,rockliff and history says not all will go.Not saying that if dash worked really hard he couldnt make it but i would say he needs a lot of improvement in his game at the minute .

I think you are entirely wrong. dash is one of the quickest in the murray bushrangers list. skills would easily be in top of the murray bushrangers list also. Watching him play and reading stats has shown how effective his skills are. i think you are completely wrong and should do some more homework on him

Remove this Banner Ad

Dash Barolli

Remove this Banner Ad

Back