News Davey 'reconsidering his position'

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO we robbed Peter to pay Paul with Davey

We tried to turn him from a defensive small forward (god how we need one of those right now) to a key play maker

If Davey's foot comes right, he should be told not to venture passed the CHF line (unless it's to chase a running HB player) and to worry about his goal tally not his possession count

IMO we robbed Peter to pay Paul with Davey

We tried to turn him from a defensive small forward (god how we need one of those right now) to a key play maker

If Davey's foot comes right, he should be told not to venture passed the CHF line (unless it's to chase a running HB player) and to worry about his goal tally not his possession count

Spot on. I hate the "quarterback" mentality that has been popular in footy for the last few years. Not every player that is a good kick should be running off half back. We showed in the last half of this season that we can match teams in our ability to get the ball forward. Where we struggled immensely (partly due to no Mitch) was keeping the ball there and creating scores.

To be fair, I think this was the plan for Aaron during the pre-season. Unfortunately he suffered an injury and wasn't able to fulfill that role. Then, according to Neeld, we brought him back too soon and he got injured again. My hope is that the coaching group saw enough positives when he was fit before the season to suggest he can contribute to the team in 2013.

He'd better, another season like the last couple will see his legacy all but erased. I can accept that a player loses their touch, speed or confidence as they get older, but what's disappointed me is that Davey looks like he doesn't even want to be out there anymore. He's always got an angry look on his face, doesn't tackle or run anymore. If he hangs around for another year of what he's dished up recently, I'll lose all respect for him.

Considering his personality, if he looks angry he's probably pissed at himself.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Davey 'reconsidering his position'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back