Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats Ellard. Didn't think it would happen. Go and rip it up at AFL level.

This^^^^ :thumbsu:

I have seen Ellard play for the Bullants a few times and gee he is small when seen in the flesh on the ground but he has so much heart, determination along with good skills and a very tenacious attitude with a great attack on the ball.

Really rapt he has been given a go and hopefully he steps up to the plate.

Backs
A.Joseph M.Jamison A.Walker
Half Backs
J.Russell P.Bower B.Gibbs
Centreline
H.Scotland K.Simpson K.Lucas
Half Forwards
A.Carrazzo L.Henderson J.Garlett
Forwards
C.Yarran J.Waite E.Betts
Followers
S.Jacobs C.Judd M.Murphy

Interchange From
D.Armfield M.Davies D.Ellard S.Grigg S.Hampson M.Robinson R.Warnock

In: J.Waite , S.Grigg , R.Warnock , D.Ellard , M.Davies , K.Lucas
Out: R.Houlihan (Knee) , B.Thornton (Omitted) , S.O'hAilpin (Omitted)
Love too see what Davies can bring.

I rate this guy very highly, and am thrilled that he might be getting his chance this week (Sydney are the perfect team to play him against as well, given the fact he relishes contested footy).

His height is obviously his biggest problem, but it's not as if Brock clunks contested grabs in a similar role. Ellard knows how to find the footy, uses it better than most think, and is as tough as they come. I actually think it is a blight on our selectors that such consistent performance in the Ants wasn't rewarded sooner.

I would love it if D Ellard was given a month or so to prove whether or not he can cut it. Aaron Joseph was shown massive faith by the match committee and it paid dividends, and hopefully this turns out to be similarly rewarding.

If not this week, at least Ellard's rookie elevation indicates he'll be given his much deserved chance sooner rather than later. :thumbsu:

Couldn't think of a better team for him to come up against. I would think the competition for spots is between

Davies/Grigg
Hampson/Warnock
Ellard/Robinson

Davies and Grigg are both medium size midfielder/half backs and Ellard and Robinson are both small forward/midfielders.

Assuming everybody named is fit (ie Henderson) my guess is we will go into the game with Armfield, Grigg, Hampson and Robinson. But god, I'd love David to get a game!

Might be a while until he has a free hand to type with...

You idiot! :D

Well done Davey Ellard! Show the boys what a bit of desperation to succeed can bring. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton+FC+Training+Session+ZkpMTAeffR9m.jpg

Which other player does Ellard most resemble? Living interstate I don't know much about him.

When he first got to the club he was a small forward who played more like a medium forward. He was effective, enough to get a senior game in his first year and do alright in it, but at his height it wasn't going to work at AFL level. Has worked so hard to reinvent himself as a midfielder, he's in brilliant physical shape, good inside and out, very disciplined and a good team player. In style only I guess he's now similar to Gary Ablett Jr, that is in style only.

I've been gunning for this kid to play for us for the past month...i'd be ecstatic to see him run out this weekend :thumbsu:

Definitely well deserved and his elevation off the rookie list is a great reward for all of his effort during the year. Great football story IMO.

I would love for this kid to be our Barlow...he definitely has the desire to get the best out of himself which is a great start.

Go get 'em Ellard :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back