Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Continues to go from strength to strength does Ellard. Clearly in our best 22 and really does compliment the other guys that go through our midfield.

Makes a few mistakes but plays his absolute heart out. .. Probably only Robbo head first dives/slides in to packs in the first half showed more heart (although that could be more scarecrow than tin man). ..

some of the comments from gameday thread were priceless
idiots

Thread went too fast to respond to most of them. .. What was with that muppet expecting him to hold up three players. ..

WA Blues own, DAVID ELLARD, played another great game tonight, really going about cemeting his spot in our best 22.

Everyone in footy always says that pressure on spots in the 22 is what keeps teams strong, and the arrival/development of guys like Curnow, Robinson and very definitely Ellard is a really great step forward for our midfield. I am not sure any of them are superstar material... but these are the sorts of guys who could be Brad Sewell to our Hodge/Mitchell in Judd/Murphy. Maybe a bit less polished, but dedicated, hard and effective.

Ellard showed real class and poise last week kicking his two vital goals, and this week continued to grow his reputation as an absolute tackling machine. I wonder what else he can do!

To be honest I simply can't rate him as high as some others do. I know that he's playing very well and all but for me he is more of a depth player. No questioning his commitment and endeavour and his skills are good too but several times I saw him bumped out of the contest easily; obviously that's due to his small frame. Brock would have absorbed the bumps...

Everyone in footy always says that pressure on spots in the 22 is what keeps teams strong, and the arrival/development of guys like Curnow, Robinson and very definitely Ellard is a really great step forward for our midfield. I am not sure any of them are superstar material... but these are the sorts of guys who could be Brad Sewell to our Hodge/Mitchell in Judd/Murphy. Maybe a bit less polished, but dedicated, hard and effective.

Ellard showed real class and poise last week kicking his two vital goals, and this week continued to grow his reputation as an absolute tackling machine. I wonder what else he can do!

Good post Faz .
Im more than happy to put my hand up and say i was definately not an Ellard fan .
But Ellard is in the team because he WANTS to be in the team .
He works hard and continues to improve and while this continues he earns his place .
This now forces the likes of Lucas and McClean to raise the bar and show how badly they WANT to be in the team .

For a guy that has been criticised for being too short to be playing in the midfield, he's currently not doing to bad. Disposals and kicking for goal has improved since last season.

That goal against the Crows kicking from 55, whilst under the pump really initiated the momentum to win the game was something else.

Seriously, gun

Fair few of those running around in the AFL apparently...

Largely due to his poor disposal in the past, he has been one of those players that give the impression that the team is further away from a premiership if he needs to be recalled.

As someone else said though he makes it hard not to like him, and he obviously works hard on his deficiencies as his disposal has seemingly improved.

As soon as his form tapers will be one of the first casualties for those waiting in the wings, which will probably happen a couple of times throughout the season. He'll have stiff competition, but would certainly not be surprised or disappointed to see him playing at the business end.

I think his an important player to this team, as it is these kinda guys Ellard,Curnow,Robinson,Duigan,White,Joseph and so on that more often then decide the game. If these players dont play well then chances are we wont win, if more of these players peform and outnumber these type of player that dont then we win, so its these players that can decide a game and i think it showed last night. All 6 showed heart and determination, maybe not clean disposal all the time but they were all hard at the ball. Grats on Ellard getting back into the team and i think if he stays fit and in form, he will have a break out season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davey was excellent last night. Has an attitude that never wavers, nor does his effort - and for that he must be admired.

He's not the most skillful (although he has certainly improved) but he knows to play within his limitations.

His story is a wonderful one and with each senior game he proves a hell of a lot of people wrong.

Clearly a class above VFL level and certainly does not look out of place in Navy Blue. Would not surprise to see him play out the remainder of the year in the senior side - works hard to get there and works even harder to ensure he stays there.

2 senior games this year (and would have been more had he not had a little brain fade against Adelaide in the preseason) for 2 really good performances. Well done Davey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back