Bumped David King analysing the Geelong game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

frightening to think what we would be like with Menzel and Varcoe in the current side with the way Motlop, Stokes and Smedts are playing at the minute.

If any clubs need King to analyze Geelong's tactics for them, then they are a joke anyway.

In other words, I am sure every club has better brains than King's on the job.

My cat has a better footy analysis brain than David King.

Come to think of it.. i don't have a cat...:p

Doesn't say much about his brain now does it...

GO Catters

frightening to think what we would be like with Menzel and Varcoe in the current side with the way Motlop, Stokes and Smedts are playing at the minute.

There's a lot to be said for being lucky at the right time, isn't there? If Menzel and Varcoe were in the side, then Smedts and maybe even Motlop or Stokes.......:rolleyes:

There's a lot to be said for being lucky at the right time, isn't there? If Menzel and Varcoe were in the side, then Smedts and maybe even Motlop or Stokes.......:rolleyes:

not really as Menzel plays half forward flank, Motlop on the other flank, Varcoe is down half back flank so Thurlow/Murdoch would remain in the magoo's while Stokes has been playing forward pocket/midfield all year long and his spot would be solidified on the back of his 26 or so touches per game.

What gets completed is when Simpson, Vardy and McIntosh begin pushing for a spot in the team ;)

and we all know hoe well changing structures and game plans mid season goes..... cough cough 2010 cough cough....

and to THAT game plan...

the adjustment seems ground breaking and very NASA esq....

If the bloke that gets the ball first at the clearance has no spread or 2nd option to give it to - and turns it over to a team ready for that and structured to guard position and space which now becomes a team spreading to space with free options afield...

that kind of means the clearance per se has lost some of its importance....

See Geelong 2013 rd1-7...

Go Catters

now where is my footy Phd David King...:D

I can't get over how they're creaming their pants over us at the moment. Even Dunstall is doing it and that really annoys me. I agree that some of the things the Cats are doing is hardly revolutionary to football. That's why makes it so funny to watch them act like they just found the holy grail. :D
You hit the nail on the head.In 2007 we played basic footy very very well. Attack down the guts force them wide in defence run to help your mate numbers at the contest.Hardly revolutionary. I see the way we are playing this year very much the same. Our spread from a stoppage runs deeper and wider IMO.Nothing bets good old gut running look at Stevie after he passed the ball to billie after being invold in 2 passages of play he kept running calling for the ball forces somebody to run and cover.Could be part of why teams are blowing up deep in qtrs.

Sounds good to me , let other Teams forget their own game plan and concentrate on stopping us - this season is starting to look better and better. :thumbsu:
If they try to copy us they won't do it as well as we have a head start , if they try to negate us they may not be playing to their strenghts.
Our Game Plan is built around our personnel , optimising their strengths and minimising weaknesses - you can't just flick a switch in Round 8 and have all that come together magically.
Gotta love this Club:D

Five and a half minutes of pure comedy. Brilliant put together.

CatAttack84 said:
King's "analysis" isn't worth a pinch of s**t. So let's all laugh at this fool, who believes he was such a champion. Sorry mate, Carey, while a piece of s**t human being IMHO, had almost super-like powers on the footy field. King was just a thug. And here it is yet again, the extent of his "quality" at analysis:/QUOTE]

King's "analysis" isn't worth a pinch of s**t. So let's all laugh at this fool, who believes he was such a champion. Sorry mate, Carey, while a piece of s**t human being IMHO, had almost super-like powers on the footy field. King was just a thug. And here it is yet again, the extent of his "quality" at analysis:

Love that!

Does King have any updated views vis-a-vis who is playing the "Mooney role"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't get over how they're creaming their pants over us at the moment. Even Dunstall is doing it and that really annoys me. I agree that some of the things the Cats are doing is hardly revolutionary to football. That's why makes it so funny to watch them act like they just found the holy grail. :D

do you also find it funny how everytime david king is analysing geelong he gives rodney eade a look as if " do you think im doing a good job eade? do you agree with me?, please agree with me"

King's "analysis" isn't worth a pinch of s**t. So let's all laugh at this fool, who believes he was such a champion. Sorry mate, Carey, while a piece of s**t human being IMHO, had almost super-like powers on the footy field. King was just a thug. And here it is yet again, the extent of his "quality" at analysis:

Opened thread to see this.

Saw this. Lol'd. Exited Thread.

Nothing bets good old gut running...
I wish I could remember who said it, it was either one of our new recruits or Lake when he went to Hawthorn. He just said the work ethic was 10x what it was at his former shitty club. Hinkley at Port did the same thing - s**t skills so we go for another time trial boys. So simple!

Opened thread to see this.

Saw this. Lol'd. Exited Thread.

All the credit to they who put it together. I swear I'll re-post this link to my last days. King was man enough to own up to his error, but take note he's HANGING for us to fall, so he can stick the boot in. No idea why he despises the Cats so much seeing as I feel we were non-contenders when he playing in an UP there North side.

Ok, so, we can hang it on David King pretty well - but then if we were to articulate our game plan, what points are particularly 'Geelong' in 2013?
  • Using the kicking prowess of Bartel, Enright and Taylor to kick across the back fifty as a get-out kick; not afraid to kick across goal several times
  • Using Stokes, Motlop etc to 'cut in' from the wings and use pace to get in behind the opposition midfield
  • Use big bodies up forward to kick long to contests - we're not a short-kicking side

The "want" and "fight" of both old and new players in the middle field, great communication and experience down back, and many options up forward , with an overall speed increase is why we've won so many games, that and a bit of luck. "Half of everything is luck James" :p

Chris is seeing and saying what many of us here are non-deluded enough to see, we're not playing close to our best, and comes finals time that'll destroy us. So we have from now until Sept to become a well oiled inter-changable machine, so I applaud Chris for continuing to blood so many hungry young guns. Respect to Bomber, but his practice was to always dump kids and return seniors back into the team as soon as he could. Scott isn't showing signs of that. I hope Kelly is our last suspension but history of our game says otherwise.

I'm sure if David King has figured out our game plan, than 17 other coaching departments have worked it out too.

However, knowing how we play is one thing. Knowing how to stop it is another thing entirely. After all, it wasn't until Collingwood and St.Kilda perfected the forward press in 2010 that the game plan we started with in 2007 was finally dismantled.

I'm sure if David King has figured out our game plan, than 17 other coaching departments have worked it out too.

However, knowing how we play is one thing. Knowing how to stop it is another thing entirely. After all, it wasn't until Collingwood and St.Kilda perfected the forward press in 2010 that the game plan we started with in 2007 was finally dismantled.
Except Melbourne, they don't even know what their own gameplan is.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back