David Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn't seem to start with an opponent. Catches the opposition out with some of his very smart moves, but still has to work on a couple of areas like being in two minds when he decides to kick the ball and sometimes makes the wrong option. But with only 7 AFL games behind him he certainly is something special.

Was the one I picked as who I am most looking forward to seeing debut.
Hasn't disappointed.

:thumbsu:Mackay is so quick and he can escape tackles, hes kind of similar to Douglas in a way. I sure hope he'll bulk up and become a quick, skillful and strong elite midfielder, from what i am seeing is impressive.

The way he moves, its like he doesn't care that he has an opponent or that they might be trying to tackle him, he just calmly kicks the ball to someone else, or breaks the tackle without even looking at his opponent.

He has amazing awareness. Sort of like Graham Johncock's awareness.

I think Austin Wonaeamirri will probably win the rising star nomination this week, but Mackay and Tippett are inching closer each week, and cannot be too far away. :thumbsu:

For a supporterbase who in the main think the RS award means little, we sure do mention it alot.;):D

Well, I don't think that much of it. Mackay winning a RS nom is not going to make him a better player. But I still wouldn't mind the AFC getting one. It just makes me feel good if for nothing else. :)

The kid oozes class. Must admit I and many other BF posters were saying he had done well but needed to be sent back to Souths for a couple of weeks. How wrong we were. He is all quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for those that didnt hear it...KG's kittle birdy says he is seemingly reluctant to sign another contract with the crows as his gf and family is melbourne based

for those that didnt hear it...KG's kittle birdy says he is seemingly reluctant to sign another contract with the crows as his gf and family is melbourne based

I read his player pofile in the footy record a couple of weeks back and he listed his favourite holiday destination as 'Home in Melbourne'. Could be making something out of nothing, but now that thats come up...

Just heard that too. He's too young to have a serious gf. At his age, playing AFL footy he should be sowing his wild oats like there's no tomorrow.

Let's face it...there will be a few youngsters wanting to go home. I would hope that David MacKay
would have a bit more loyalty after being looked after and nursed by The Crows last year.

It's not worth worrying about at this stage. Just rumours.

I believe he lives with Tippett, however, who, as we've discussed, is already a massive target of the Gold Coast team. If Mackay wants to go, it probably wouldn't help us keep Kurt either.

Pretty sure Dave'll stay though. He really seems like a guy with his head screwed on right. At the very least, he's not going to leave thanks to lack of opportunity.

"Wants to wait until the end of the year to discuss his contract" - hmmmm we've heard that one before. No signing of the contract, back to South for you boy. If he doesn't want to be part of our future, let him spend the remainder of the year at South. Hopefully we might show some balls for once and send this kid into the pre-season draft.

FFS our "always choose the best option, regardless of state of orgin" policy is an absolute disaster.

"Wants to wait until the end of the year to discuss his contract" - hmmmm we've heard that one before. No signing of the contract, back to South for you boy. Hopefully we might show some balls for once and send this kid into the pre-season draft.

How would that help us exactly?

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mackay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back