David Mundy Anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 6, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool , Storm
Ive picked up Mundy after Reading this ive told a few people about picking him up and everyone laughed but to win Dreamteam its all about having players you wouldnt dream of picking up and doing well and i think Mundy is one of them and after this im jumping on board anyone with me ?

CARETAKER captain David Mundy has only had four days to prepare for his new responsibilities, but the 23-year-old believes he's ready to lead Fremantle against Richmond on Sunday night.

And with the defender set to make a more permanent move into the midfield it should be a new-look Mundy that takes to Subiaco Oval for Fremantle's NAB Cup opener.

Last year’s exodus of midfielders and senior players left the club light on the ground in both areas, but Mundy said he was looking forward to the challenge of fulfilling the dual role.

"[Playing in the midfield] is a bit of an adjustment," Mundy said on Saturday.

"I played there a little bit towards the end of last year, which I think helped, and I've got guys like Aaron Sandilands and Matthew Pavlich running through there which is helping me.

"I guess it's a change of role and [having] new personnel around me is going to be good."

p/s
not sure if i am meant to start a new thread or not for this but im easy done if you move it where ever mods .

Confidence player. Not really the type of player I'd normally pick.

From what I remember, he has been talked up at times for the past few seasons but hasn’t really made any serious progress in as far as making a move in to the elite bracket of players.

He has been a consistent performer, averaging around 70 for the last 3 seasons and I believe that with his leadership role and a move to the midfield he could put on another 20ppg.

Obviously he doesn't come without a risk, but if there's ever a good time for a smokey to make that next move and repay the faith of some coaches than this year is as good as it gets.

At the moment I am deciding between Mundy and McPharlin. Both are more than capable of averaging over 80.

Mundy will be getting a lot more midfield time this year, and if his clearance work at the end of last year is anything to go by, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as part of the starting midfield set up. More midfield time should equal more points. And due to his height, he should also take a fair few marks too. All things point to a breakout season, but it's no certainty and there is always risk involved with Mundy.

McPharlin, although a FB, will be the general in defence for Fremantle this year. He will run off his opponent whenever he gets the chance and should get a lot of lose ball and link play down back. I think McPharlin could play a Bowden type role in regards to switching the play, and should get a lot of cheap marks and kicks despite being a FB. Occasional stints up forward could also help his scoring. I'm expecting McPharlin to average around 80, which he is more than capable of considering Waite averaged that last year. The risk with McPharlin though, is that Drum and Johnson could take points off him by playing similar roles down back.

I think Mundy will be a good pickup this year, and am slightly leaning towards him at the moment.

No need for a new thread once again, please use the player discussion thread.

As for Mundy hes on my "keep watch list" but i think hell find himself behind to many other backmen and wont be able to break into my side. Watch to see his position role, does he play midfield/onball.
Will he be in the best 3 onballers??
Is he the quarterback feed ??
Does he take the kick ins ?? how many how often (when back or middle)
If he plays back does he play a defensive role or an attacking role?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i just put him my side at DEF.. downgraded from heath shaw.. so i could throw a little more money in midfield..

His last DT socres.. for his last 6 Games 2008.. was when he was thrown into midfield fulltime.. Notice his scores are more consistent for that period.. wheres earlier in the year hes was getting some 30, 40s.. but i think hes he just doesnt quite cut it as keeper for his current price.. I will watch him in NAB and see how hes goes.. but I think he will just be averaging 70-75 with more consistent scoring(but is is freo we are talking here).. and get the odd Tonne when his confidence is up... I think hes is a Shoe-in though for Supercoach as a backman.. as he was ranked 2nd in hard ball gets at freo last year.. So his SC potential is huge.. with the move to midfield... But for DT... forget for this year i reckon.. Ill prolly pull him from my side soon. and pick up Dempsey

Not this year I dont reckon mate... 85+ imo.

Last year 80 avg would have been worth holding though.
Agree but Mundy will average that. Break out year. 85-90 is close to a certainty in my opinion. At minimum he'll average 80 which is good enough value. Gotta be a lock.

Agree but Mundy will average that. Break out year. 85-90 is close to a certainty in my opinion. At minimum he'll average 80 which is good enough value. Gotta be a lock.

Based on what? That article? A similar source said that Pavlich is going to play full time midfield this year... which is the stupidest claim ive ever heard.

Hes a decent player, but I wouldnt be singing his praises just yet... lets wait for a few decent performances and then jump on the wagon.

Mundy got 69 DT points tonight.. i know its NAB cup but hardly convincing.. He did look pretty good the times when he had the ball though.. lets face it the only real advantage of mundy is that he is listed as DEF..and that he will give consistent midfielder scores... but will he cut it enough to be worth of starting spot in your DT lineup each week.. for 313,000 you could by someone like Cotchin/adcock/drummond whos a given to go up in price..

Not this year I dont reckon mate... 85+ imo.

Last year 80 avg would have been worth holding though.

Unless the avgs generally just become higher (eg: because of high disposal everyone plays now that might happen anyway) but the 80 players will go to 85's if you know what i mean. By watching NAB everyone bar eagles is playing running handball footy, zoning off for defensive and offensive space.

I think points will become higher this season with the styles of play.

But comparing to last year i think a keeper IMO last years was about 75-78 now i reckon its about 80-82 max unless overall points do increase across the teams.

I can see the Carazzo, Embley, Mackie, Wheatley, Bowden, Hodge players dropping and others increasing. Only IMO. Time will tell us and we need to adjust to what a keeper is during the year. Whoever adjust the best and plans the best will come at on top.

I defiatnly have taken that on board that 85 avg from you BB, a very gifted DTmer:D

Mundy got 69 DT points tonight.. i know its NAB cup but hardly convincing.. He did look pretty good the times when he had the ball though.. lets face it the only real advantage of mundy is that he is listed as DEF..and that he will give consistent midfielder scores... but will he cut it enough to be worth of starting spot in your DT lineup each week.. for 313,000 you could by someone like Cotchin/adcock/drummond whos a given to go up in price..
69 isnt that bad - actually an average score really for mundy. Its ok too, because he was up against a very very strong midfield tonight, and it was first hitout of the season.

I know your ranking last year, but I still would be happy to have my 6th and 7th backs with an average of 80.

Many of the higher priced backs have some ?? with regards to injuries and suspension.

Totally agree with this Tarquin

I reckon between your 7 backs you want them to avg 85-90 in 09 but your 7th back would be fine as 80 avgs. 85 is expecting to much IMO. Many people who finished high didnt have all their players avg over 80 or 75.

Also agree with the injuries and ?? over many of the top 10 or so players.

From what I remember, he has been talked up at times for the past few seasons but hasn’t really made any serious progress in as far as making a move in to the elite bracket of players.

He has been a consistent performer, averaging around 70 for the last 3 seasons and I believe that with his leadership role and a move to the midfield he could put on another 20ppg.

Obviously he doesn't come without a risk, but if there's ever a good time for a smokey to make that next move and repay the faith of some coaches than this year is as good as it gets.

20ppg?! That's a big call. Mundy is not a prolific ball-winner, so I can't see him getting too many 30+ possession games. I'd imagine an improvement to an average of 80-85ish would be realistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mundy Anyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back