Phil McCreviss

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 29, 2007
Manhattan, New York
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yankees, Giants
Don't know if it was just me, but he had a real crack at us today.

Here are some specifics :

After Todd Viney's quarter time interview.

"Viney's telling fibs because Hawthorn are flooding. And they are flooding a lot more than Port Adelaide are"

At half time

"Hawthorn play a choking brand of footy. They are one of the best in the comp at it. They know if they take Port on man to man they couldnt possibly compete so they have to play this time of game."

Very rarely does he have a go at us but thought today he was out of control. :mad:

"Viney's telling fibs because Hawthorn are flooding. And they are flooding a lot more than Port Adelaide are"

At half time

"Hawthorn play a choking brand of footy. They are one of the best in the comp at it. They know if they take Port on man to man they couldnt possibly compete so they have to play this time of game."

Very rarely does he have a go at us but thought today he was out of control. :mad:

I never noticed it... Might because I was yelling at Goldspink & his crew every so often. preety bad if he did say that.

At half time

Parko's always been slightly negative towards us, but it's only because he is a Hawthorn man! He understands how we play because he is involved and follows Hawthorn therefore he points out where we are suffering!

I think that's the case. That's what I was told!

Parko is brown and gold through and through. Sometimes he goes overboard with his criticism but I have no doubt it is because he is passionate about our performances and wants us to prove. This is not to say he is always right, just that deep down his heart is in the right place.

Just quietly, Danny Frawley appears to be a Hawks convert or at least his often defensive comments seem to suggest.

My mate goes to deakin and has parkin as one of his lecturers. I get the impression from whenever he talks to him that parkin doesn't rate us one bit. He seems to think that we're too young to do anything this season which may be right, and that although we were good for alot of the season, we're starting to wind down now as all the kids are getting tired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mate goes to deakin and has parkin as one of his lecturers. I get the impression from whenever he talks to him that parkin doesn't rate us one bit. He seems to think that we're too young to do anything this season which may be right, and that although we were good for alot of the season, we're starting to wind down now as all the kids are getting tired.

Omg Parko's a lecturer at Deakin?

Who's your mate?

Omg Parko's a lecturer at Deakin?

Who's your mate?
Yeh he lecturers for a sports management or coaching subject. My mates dave :thumbsu: When we had that shitty patch a few weeks ago parko was going nuts on the hawk bashing... I wanna goto one of his classes n tell him to stick the last few weeks up his clacker

Parkin was 100% correct, we were flooding back and trying to slow the game down. I can't believe you are saying we didn't do this? Watch the replay.

Port are 2nd behind Geelong for goals scored, we couldn't afford to get into a shoot-out with them (like the 1st quarter).

A couple of his 'mummys boys' are now in out midfield which is potentially one of the best going round !

Parkins OK but remember he was complicit in carltons demise - recruiting past it players - worked i '95 but they kept trying to repeat until they became crap

This is a weird thread - to me, Parko just sounds like a grumpy old Hawthorn supporter. He was even calling Port Adelaide "they" in the third quarter, til someone pulled him up and he said "they being Port Adelaide". In my experience, old buggers will moan about their sides unless they are 10 goals up, then moan anyway. I'm happy with Parko - much rather here a Hawthorn supporter comment harshly but fairly on the Hawks than a Port supporter like Dwayne Russell blowing smoke up Peter burgoyne's arse when he's pl;aying loose on the back flank.

Parkin was 100% correct, we were flooding back and trying to slow the game down. I can't believe you are saying we didn't do this? Watch the replay.

Port are 2nd behind Geelong for goals scored, we couldn't afford to get into a shoot-out with them (like the 1st quarter).

I agree we were flooding. I wasnt denying that Parko was telling the truth. The point I was making was the way he delivered it.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Parkin's Commentary Today

Remove this Banner Ad

Back