Bulldogsroar

bulldogsfight
Dec 30, 1999
Melbourne,Vic
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
western bulldogs
David Schwarcz , said on SEN, he will be signing , the hold up is trying to workout which year the paymensts will be made in to meet salary cap arrangements.

The Best & Fairest results and trading this week all effects salary cap and when the dust settles the club will be able to agree when payments will be made.

Re: David Schwarcz - why Lake has not signed , yet

David Schwarcz , said on SEN, he will be signing , the hold up is trying to workout which year the paymensts will be made in to meet salary cap arrangements.

The Best & Fairest results and trading this week all effects salary cap and when the dust settles the club will be able to agree when payments will be made.
I heard the ox as well, and this all sounds feasible. I know the club couldn't disclose the full details, but it would have helped our stress levels if they had told us something loike this.

So is everyone going to stop saying Lake wants more MONEY or that he is not LOYAL.There had to be an other reason why he had'nt signed,and why nothing was announced at the Best and Fairest.

Then why is fantasia publicly saying he doesnt now why lake hasnt signed yet?

We have to get
step 1. Hall signed first.
step 2. Then we know how much we have for aker next year.
step 3. Then we will know how much if anything is left for egelton
step 4. Then we will know how much we can pay lake for next year!

Simple is it not?

If any of step 1 to 3 falls through it will affect how much we can pay lake next year.

What do you want Fantasia to say. We may have to off load eagleton to keep lake? How would that go down? How about we will have to offload Aker and eagleton to keep lake? How will that go down?

its often best to say 'dont know'.

We have to get
step 1. Hall signed first.
step 2. Then we know how much we have for aker next year.
step 3. Then we will know how much if anything is left for egelton
step 4. Then we will know how much we can pay lake for next year!

Simple is it not?

If any of step 1 to 3 falls through it will affect how much we can pay lake next year.

What do you want Fantasia to say. We may have to off load eagleton to keep lake? How would that go down? How about we will have to offload Aker and eagleton to keep lake? How will that go down?

its often best to say 'dont know'.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I dont buy it

The football club must come first . Lake has been offered 1.8 million over 4 years . He should have signed the contract on that alone . Weather he gets it as 1.2 milion in the first 2 years and 600 k in the last 2 , shouldn't matter to him . it averages at 450 k a year over 4 years .

If he does't sign his contract in the next 48 hours we should do a trade with Carlton for Fevola . Get something for him this week . If he decides to go and nominate for the draft or Pre season Draft we get nothing .

Trade him this week if he doesn't sign . I'm sure Fantasia is keeping this option open . He would be negligent to do otherwise .

I dont buy it

The football club must come first
. Lake has been offered 1.8 million over 4 years . He should have signed the contract on that alone . Weather he gets it as 1.2 milion in the first 2 years and 600 k in the last 2 , shouldn't matter to him . it averages at 450 k a year over 4 years .

If he does't sign his contract in the next 48 hours we should do a trade with Carlton for Fevola . Get something for him this week . If he decides to go and nominate for the draft or Pre season Draft we get nothing .

Trade him this week if he doesn't sign . I'm sure Fantasia is keeping this option open . He would be negligent to do otherwise .

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong, Wrong

The individual and HIS FAMILY COME FIRST
. He only has a short time in the game, and has the right to set himself and his family up for life after footy. Remember, the football club is his employer and the fact we are supporters of that club does not give us the right to pass judgement on him, when he is set to make the biggest decision of his professional life.

In fact, all of you who are bleating on about Brian not signing - Just sit back a bit and let events unfold. Too many people are jumping the gun on him and ripping into him.

I'm sure that if you were in his position, you would spend what you believed to be the required amount of consideration before signing a document that will have an enormous bearing on your financial future.

I dont buy it

The football club must come first . Lake has been offered 1.8 million over 4 years . He should have signed the contract on that alone . Weather he gets it as 1.2 milion in the first 2 years and 600 k in the last 2 , shouldn't matter to him . it averages at 450 k a year over 4 years .

yes he has been offered 1.8 million but before a contract can be signed he and the club needs to know what he will be paid per year for it to be drawn up,

As pointed out this will be know when and after we sign Hall Aker and Eagleton, then what is left over for 2010 that what he will get then 2011-13 he will get more i think it will be something like $300-400,000 for the first year geting up to $500-600,000 for his last two year, which he will be on the vet list.

I said this a few weeks ago in another thread that all this time would just have been tweeking of the contract ie due to bonus and what is paid in what year.

. He only has a short time in the game, and has the right to set himself and his family up for life after footy. Remember, the football club is his employer and the fact we are supporters of that club does not give us the right to pass judgement on him, when he is set to make the biggest decision of his professional life.

In fact, all of you who are bleating on about Brian not signing - Just sit back a bit and let events unfold. Too many people are jumping the gun on him and ripping into him.

I'm sure that if you were in his position, you would spend what you believed to be the required amount of consideration before signing a document that will have an enormous bearing on your financial future.

My criticism Fred, is that Brian gave the club an indication he was happy with an offer put to him, but had a change of mind & has asked for extra $$$$.

Don't mind him getting the best deal he can for himself, but when you give your word & go back on it, that's where I have concerns. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that your word's your word.

Agree with you Coon Dog . If you are happy with the amount you are offered then signthe contract . Let the club get on with there plans , if he is not careful he will be playing with Carlton next year , thanks purely to himself and his muppet of a manager Olarenshaw .

The club has decisions to make and he is holding them up . A swap for Fevola is on the cards if he doesn't sign in the next 48 hours . He has had long enough and i would fully support the club here . Remember we drafted him at pick 71 , gave him a chance and stuck by him .

If we get Hall and Fevola and lose Lake then so be it , equally i would be happy to keep him but he has to let us know and not play us off against other clubs .

Remember he can also walk out and nominate for the national draft or pre season draft .

I dont buy the talk of finalising bits and pieces of his contract . Its all done .

My criticism Fred, is that Brian gave the club an indication he was happy with an offer put to him, but had a change of mind & has asked for extra $$$$.

I agree with you that going back on your word is not a good thing to do.It is not something that I would do or believe in.

Maybe, he had a couple of extra offers from other clubs that were a lot higher than our offer and made him decide to re think it. He still shouldn't change his mind, but this is his largest contract and maybe his last one, so you could understand him being tempted if a substantial counter offer came along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with you that going back on your word is not a good thing to do.It is not something that I would do or believe in.

Maybe, he had a couple of extra offers from other clubs that were a lot higher than our offer and made him decide to re think it. He still shouldn't change his mind, but this is his largest contract and maybe his last one, so you could understand him being tempted if a substantial counter offer came along.
He gave the cub an INDICATION,not his word.So WHY are you saying he has gone back on his WORD,all speculating Lake said Yes i'll sign right now then says Ah wait a minute i'll think about it.Read first post makes sense.

Don't mind him getting the best deal he can for himself, but when you give your word & go back on it, that's where I have concerns. Call me old fashioned, but I believe that your word's your word.

I'd put money on it it was Olarenshaw hanging out for a few extra bucks as he would get a percentage for Brian's income. Brian couldn't give a shit but I reckon Olarenshaw is driving it all.

Well, the successful Brisbane and Geelong players didnt follow that theory to ensure they could continue to the enjoyment of playing in a successfull TEAM. Maybe Brian should have a chat to Acker and a few Geelong players to find out why they took the team approach rather than thinking individually.

I'm sure he will re-sign. Maybe the delay is because we are trying to secretly get Fevola too. That way, Lake's contract can be arranged so they can all fit in the salary cap...

You never know!!!

Imagine Fev and Hall together in forward line - and we don't lose Lake!!!!!

Well, the successful Brisbane and Geelong players didnt follow that theory to ensure they could continue to the enjoyment of playing in a successfull TEAM. Maybe Brian should have a chat to Acker and a few Geelong players to find out why they took the team approach rather than thinking individually.

Instead of sledging our champion defender & coming up with rediculous trades for over-rated players, try & have a little patience & read between the lines.

Anybody that thinks that Fevola is a good fit for the dogs has very little understanding of the modern game & a TEAM sport. He will be offloaded to Sydney for a 4th or 5th round pick & if they're lucky the swans will pay his rediculous wage.

The media is a joke & the good thing is we give nothing away. Rocket has always said he is very confidant that Lake will sign & that should be enough for everybody to calm down. The OX let the cat out of the bag last night (probably at Rocket's request) & still you have a crack at Lake.

I'd be very surprised if we make any more trades, as we were cheated out of a GF this year. Very exciting times for the dogs.

I'm sure he will re-sign. Maybe the delay is because we are trying to secretly get Fevola too. That way, Lake's contract can be arranged so they can all fit in the salary cap...

You never know!!!

Imagine Fev and Hall together in forward line - and we don't lose Lake!!!!![/quote]

Yeah and imagine how they would all fit under the salary cap!?

Instead of sledging our champion defender & coming up with rediculous trades for over-rated players, try & have a little patience & read between the lines.

Anybody that thinks that Fevola is a good fit for the dogs has very little understanding of the modern game & a TEAM sport.

Matt, this was my post; "Well, the successful Brisbane and Geelong players didnt follow that theory to ensure they could continue to the enjoyment of playing in a successfull TEAM. Maybe Brian should have a chat to Acker and a few Geelong players to find out why they took the team approach rather than thinking individually.

I dont see anything there that sledges Brian and suggetst trades for over-rated players. Nor is there any mention of Fevola. Maybe you should actually READ other peoples posts before firing bullets.

The intention of my post was to point out that both Brisbane and Geelong playing groups have previously agreed to lesser salaries to ensure they can all stay together to enjoy continued success. This happened because of the obvious outcomes if some players get paid far bigger contracts than the rest of the playing group.

So is everyone going to stop saying Lake wants more MONEY or that he is not LOYAL.There had to be an other reason why he had'nt signed,and why nothing was announced at the Best and Fairest.

Lake is hanging out for more cash. I don't blame him either. Loyalty is bullsh1t in footy these days. You should pay a player what he is worth and Lake is worth paying for. This is Lake's big contract pay day. He won't get another chance in his life to make this sort of money.
I heard reports that Hawthorn are willing to pay Burgoyne $450K a year and we are talking similar money or less for Lake. Lake is twice as important as a player of Burgoyne's ilk.
What is Scarlett getting paid? - Lake is as good if not better than Scarlett
Pay the man what he is worth I say.

Lake is hanging out for more cash. I don't blame him either. Loyalty is bullsh1t in footy these days. You should pay a player what he is worth and Lake is worth paying for. This is Lake's big contract pay day. He won't get another chance in his life to make this sort of money.
I heard reports that Hawthorn are willing to pay Burgoyne $450K a year and we are talking similar money or less for Lake. Lake is twice as important as a player of Burgoyne's ilk.
What is Scarlett getting paid? - Lake is as good if not better than Scarlett
Pay the man what he is worth I say.

I think I read recently that Scarlett is only on $350k or arond that mark.

just a question are we paying 100% of our salary cap?
Yes, but we have $$$ left in the annual marketing allowance for players (up to $300k for next year by all reports).

I heard what The Ox said on SEN about having to wait until after the BnF and immediately thought it was BS - The football department could/would have known the results of the BnF hours after the prelim and figured out contract clause payments immediately.

B-grade footballer, C-grade journo

Remove this Banner Ad

David Schwarz - why Lake has not signed , yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back