David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Won't be missed. Aside from the series here last time he's mostly been useless overseas and anyone can score his runs at home. He's had his moments in one day cricket but I'm sure we can live without him. He doesn't learn and making him vice captain was a huge mistake which was probably asking for something like this to happen.

David Warner is actually a decent captain from a pure cricket perspective - has had very good results with Sunrisers Hyderabad and as we've just seen from the T20 tri-series just completed. Fails in most of the other aspects of captaincy though.

David Warner is actually a decent captain from a pure cricket perspective - has had very good results with Sunrisers Hyderabad and as we've just seen from the T20 tri-series just completed. Fails in most of the other aspects of captaincy though.
Which is interesting in itself, to judge a book by it's cover you'd think he'd be fine at the whole team cohesion thing and fail tactically

Warner has had a good Test match career, but (like many top class sportsman) appears to be a very unpleasant character.

As a Pommie, I would miss his appearance in the Aussie team, as it's always fun to have a pantomime villain in the opposition, who you can focus your "hatred" on.

I've been surprised by how toxic this whole situation has become. When it first broke I thought, ho-hum, another ball tampering incident, they've all been doing it for decades, it'll be slapped wrists all round, and forgotten about in a month's time; but this appears to have become a career threatening event.

Warner has had a good Test match career, but (like many top class sportsman) appears to be a very unpleasant character.

As a Pommie, I would miss his appearance in the Aussie team, as it's always fun to have a pantomime villain in the opposition, who you can focus your "hatred" on.

I've been surprised by how toxic this whole situation has become. When it first broke I thought, ho-hum, another ball tampering incident, they've all been doing it for decades, it'll be slapped wrists all round, and forgotten about in a month's time; but this appears to have become a career threatening event.

Yep. CA needs to be careful with what they do here and not pander to the masses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/4d13aa1f3b1af2dc5412d38ea9479b37

If this is true, can't see any way back for him even after a ban is served. The players won't want him around.

It's pretty likely we've seen the last of David Warner in Aussie colours, will almost certainly transition into a T20 mercenary.

Shit hey?

Team mates want him out of the team hotel?

I didn’t believe he was the architect, but with the shit about his finger tape, and now this...

Maybe Smith took the bullet on behalf of Warner, and the team.

Shit hey?

Team mates want him out of the team hotel?

I didn’t believe he was the architect, but with the shit about his finger tape, and now this...

Maybe Smith took the bullet on behalf of Warner, and the team.

Where are all the Davey Warner defenders????

#standbydave

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricke...t/news-story/4d13aa1f3b1af2dc5412d38ea9479b37

If this is true, can't see any way back for him even after a ban is served. The players won't want him around.

It's pretty likely we've seen the last of David Warner in Aussie colours, will almost certainly transition into a T20 mercenary.
Fox Sports have been pumping out like half a dozen articles an hour on this subject for the best part of 3 days so I'm going to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Where are all the Davey Warner defenders????

#standbydave
On that note, seeing as the media is seemingly fixating on Warner as the punching bag for the saga going forward, I legitimately hope the guy has decent people around him in his personal life. Last thing a guy with a history of issues with alcohol needs is to run out of reasons to stay reasonably sober.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, this will come as a complete shock given my well known thoughts in him as a cricketer, and his general character in and around the game.

But I find this incredibly sad from a human perspective. He would feel at the moment, rightly or wrongly, like he hasn’t got a friend in the world, and it is incidents like this that can seriously drive a person down a path they might never return from.

He has brought it mostly on himself but that doesn’t mean his wife and kids don’t love him, and if this does take an even worse turn, it’s not just Warner it effects. I hope he gets whatever help he needs.

Look, this will come as a complete shock given my well known thoughts in him as a cricketer, and his general character in and around the game.

But I find this incredibly sad from a human perspective. He would feel at the moment, rightly or wrongly, like he hasn’t got a friend in the world, and it is incidents like this that can seriously drive a person down a path they might never return from.

He has brought it mostly on himself but that doesn’t mean his wife and kids don’t love him, and if this does take an even worse turn, it’s not just Warner it effects. I hope he gets whatever help he needs.

Agreed.

Would probably go the Tomic route and say he doesn't GAF and will go home and count his money, such is his contempt for what everyone else thinks.

Superbly put Phatboy, such an important post in the current climate. I listened to 3aw tonight interviewing an espn journo who said he has been heavily drinking on his own in the hotel bar.

He deserves his forthcoming punishment, I am far from a fan of his but now he is a scapegoat being used to lessen the impact of Smiths inevitable return.

This whole episode is representative of the rotten core of the Australian team. I simply cannot buy that from Lehmann down they did not know, as soon as a possible reason to limit team impact comes about in the form of sacrificing a player they do it, that's how this all unfolded in the first place with "Bangers".

Warner will be severely punished, his mental state still needs to be considered.

Edit: Just to add, this is the perfect example of the pack mentality (rather than team) of the side. They all agreed, coach down, with him until it goes south......**** any team mate or friend loyalty.

Last edited:
Me and a few others said a while ago that Warner was hanging onto his test spot by a thread and that his form for the last 2 years had been diabolical by his standards and should be under more pressure as we felt his standing in the game was the only thing keeping his spot, yet we were all shut down by the Davey fanboys who kept pointing out his career stats amongst other things and how we have an agenda against him. My only agenda against him is that he hasn’t been in form for the last 24 months and felt more pressure should have been on him to perform or face being replaced and working for his spot back.

What the fanboys also fail to realise is we are not trying to discredit him as a test player over his career. In fact the first half of his career was fantastic and he was the Australian Sehwag and seem to play match winning innings and perform well under pressure and hit us out of tricky situations and had a fantastic record. But the key word is ‘had’. He is still living off his first half of his career but I dare the fanboys to tell me why he still deserves his place after his last 24 months? I don’t care if he still has a half decent test average, etc I want to know why he still deserved a spot form wise? I’d also love to see his average over the last 1-2 years also. His career has been in rapid decline which started with his diabolical ODI form going the drain and now his test form
Is following suit. Now that his character has now been finally brought into question I think a stint back in the shield is finally overdue.

Remove this Banner Ad

David Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back