Day 1: What the Tigers actually said

Remove this Banner Ad

Stamps

Debutant
Sep 19, 2008
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Found this pretty interesting. On the Drafts & Trading board it had what the clubs said about Day 1 of trade week and here is Richmond's:

Richmond
Unavailable for comment on day one.

Richmond keeping it quiet? We're usually first in line to comment on trade week, no matter what day. Surely something must be up. Wonder how long this will last. :D

Clearly we know how to play trade week. Remember the year we forgot to lodge some papers and put them in late

The RFC people are probably playing golf or just slept in.

Clearly we know how to play trade week. Remember the year we forgot to lodge some papers and put them in late

The RFC people are probably playing golf or just slept in.

Oh yeah I remember that. Who was it that we were to get if we got it lodged in time?

I'm tipping a Carlton troll with a join date of sometime after Sept.'07 and a reference to their current captain in their username, will post a comment in this topic about "being in the box seat" for someone...

Greg Miller's gone.

Dido. I remember when we were going after Dean Solomon (the same year we got Nathan Brown) when he was still at Essendon, Miller publicy stated to the whole world that we were after him & that we would get him & it was a done deal.

Kevin Sheedy refused to even talk to Richmond, and that was that. So it was a great game plan..NOT

Dido. I remember when we were going after Dean Solomon (the same year we got Nathan Brown) when he was still at Essendon, Miller publicy stated to the whole world that we were after him & that we would get him & it was a done deal.

Kevin Sheedy refused to even talk to Richmond, and that was that. So it was a great game plan..NOT
It actually was a great game plan in the end. Essendon paid over the odds to keep him and we missed out on him. Great result both ways! :thumbsu: Whether it was intended that way is another matter.:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe sheeds had the interests of Tigerland at heart :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Day 1: What the Tigers actually said

Remove this Banner Ad

Back