Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky the game lasted until now.

With some better tail end bowling/luck we could have had them before tea.

What would have happened with that fast bowler thing.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but surely Asics don't think playing Brad Haddin-led inspiration ads is going to help their product? I just laugh when it comes on.

Seriously great win coming up, Lyon and Haddin are issues going into Perth but this is going to be pretty comprehensive. Don't mind a bit of lower order slogging from the Indians, entertaining and means nothing...

Hilfenhaus to VVS Laxman - ball of the summer and one of the best nuts I reckon I've seen.

Ashwin's a crap bowler though

promote him up to 6, drop kohli

Bring in Harbajan to make it an unpleasant summer :mad:

Just drop Ashwin and bring in Harbahjan. The top 5-6 should be able to cover the loss of runs from dropping Ashwin. He's there to take wickets, which he hasn't done. Kohli is probably one of their only decent fielders.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned but surely Asics don't think playing Brad Haddin-led inspiration ads is going to help their product? I just laugh when it comes on.

Seriously great win coming up, Lyon and Haddin are issues going into Perth but this is going to be pretty comprehensive. Don't mind a bit of lower order slogging from the Indians, entertaining and means nothing...

Hilfenhaus to VVS Laxman - ball of the summer and one of the best nuts I reckon I've seen.

so good in fact that hilf himself didnt realise it had got him a wicket! i think only when he saw the guys behind the wicket celebrate did he notice the bails had been clipped off

nah, just where he should land them ;)

Theres one spinner worse than Lyon

Its R Ashwin

Hes an ineffectual bowler, the Indians should have brought Harbajan down because he can perform in Australian conditions

Ashwin is absolutely useless as a bowler, and in the press conference after day 2 (where the match was lost) he arrogantly defended himself saying he didnt bowl a bad ball. He didnt look like getting anyone out either

India were top of the tree 6 months ago and have been belted since.

Australia's batting has been iffy, but Dravid, Laxman, Tendulkar are all 47 years old and occupy 3,4 & 5. Who's next once they've gone?

Reckon they are in a bit of strife.

Thats an understatement. We are in big trouble.

All those saying Lyon is a hack have no idea. He's playing in his 9th test - still plenty to learn.

He's also playing against the best players of spin in the world - what was Warne's average against them? That's right, 47.18

Having said that, it wouldn't be the worst thing for Lyon to be rested for Perth. Hopefully it plays fast - bring in Harris. Get Lyon back for Adelaide if the pitch looks like it'll take spin.

He's our long term spinner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any bowler in Australian cricket who knows how to bowl a yorker, let alone a decent one. Too much of this short pitched stuff to tailenders. Nothing easier than dismissing a tailender with a good old fashioned yorker.
I reckon Harris is pretty good at it (as his ODI bowling average in the teens would probably suggest he's capable of it) and I think Cummins is pretty good at it too. Siddle is not and when he tries to bowl it he gets smacked around, which is why I think he prefers to bowl short to those in the lower order.

Also, for those who think otherwise into attacking Haddin saying hes a useless wicketkeeper, the Indian team needs a major overhaul with the amount of old players, but they aint budgin' either

Well maybe you should respond to all who have bagged Clarke then, and team selection for that matter, and then go onto all who want Haddin gone( me for one) coz we don't agree with selection
Oh, I must hate my country then !?

I don't have a problem with criticising team selection. Everyone does it. I thought picking Starc for the tests against NZ was terrible, but I still supported the team despite that. I have a problem with someone hating the Australian cricket team and actively supporting the opposition because in the past they haven't selected the exact team you wanted (i.e. Xtreme).

Its R Ashwin

Hes an ineffectual bowler, the Indians should have brought Harbajan down because he can perform in Australian conditions

Ashwin is absolutely useless as a bowler, and in the press conference after day 2 (where the match was lost) he arrogantly defended himself saying he didnt bowl a bad ball. He didnt look like getting anyone out either

Since when?

Just drop Ashwin and bring in Harbahjan. The top 5-6 should be able to cover the loss of runs from dropping Ashwin. He's there to take wickets, which he hasn't done. Kohli is probably one of their only decent fielders.

to be fair it hasnt been the most conducive conditions so far for spin bowlers, we've seen lyon struggle too. ashwin looks a very natural batsman, he's looked better than some of his teammates in the top 7.

harbhajan isnt even in this country at the moment, he didnt even make the cut for the squad. so there's little chance we'll be seeing harbhajan in the next test

Very surprised 7 would let Packed to the Rafters go to another network and that they would change the name to Tricky Business.

Haddin wasn't appealing he was just celebrating not fluffing one.

Its R Ashwin

Well actually, Harbhajan averages 60+ in AUS, so...

Also, for those who think otherwise into attacking Haddin saying hes a useless wicketkeeper, the Indian team needs a major overhaul with the amount of old players, but they aint budgin' either

That's because our selectors want to milk the cash cow that is Sachin. Money hungry ****s. Players will play until they are old geezers. Its the selectors who should tell them to get the hell out.

He's also playing against the best players of spin in the world - what was Warne's average against them? That's right, 47.18.

And Swann averaged 40 against India in their last Test series. And that's only because he took 9 wickets in the last Test, before that his average was like 80 over the first three Tests.

Remove this Banner Ad

Day After Day After New Year Test: Australia v India @ Sydney (Tue-Sat) Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back