Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Christensen trade hadn't come up we might have accepted that trade but Schwab and co will do what they can to have the list as strong as possible in the near and long term future whether it involves Beams this year, next year or never.

In my opinion:

Christensen + Beams + 30 + 48 > pick 5 + 25 + Christensen + Mayes/Green

Just my opinion.

edit: I understand why your club said no though. Brisbane should have just beaten collingwood to the punch and said we dont wont to deal.

Not even close, a light ribbing compared to some Pies calling Beams a bullshit artist and constantly undermining his father's ilness, the treatment of Beams has just been woeful

Heaps of Lions supporters thought it was fine to undermine his dads illness when you thought a deal was going to get done so you could take pot shots at Buckley and Collingwood

Beams signed an extension with Collingwood yet? Why are Pies fans so happy, still wants to leave and if he does stay next year it will be his last. Yep, plenty for Pies fans to get excited about.

How's Christensen for pick 21 though? Bargain, kid is a gun. I heard Varcoe can play the drums, he at Collingwood yet? What about Greenwood? Thought everyone wants to play for Collingwood?

Im glad you mentioned that, James is very close to his uncle Michael (who has a son, ie cousins) who recently had prostate cancer. I think James would want to come home as soon as possible to SA. It will be interesting how the Lions will be so forthcoming in assisting James to come home.:rolleyes:

Mate if Aish requested a trade citing this as a reason you certainly wouldn't find me calling him a liar and a dog, would be more than happy to accept it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't people here have a discussion without constantly insulting each other?

As what happens with Beams now is very interesting. Surely after all that has transpired Beams would not want to return to Collingwood next season.
With this been said he may be more inclined in agreeing to being traded to either GWS or Gold Coast (If those two clubs have the salary cap room)
I'm sure Collingwood could get better compensation out of those two clubs than the trade Brisbane was offering. I can't see Collingwood letting the trade discussions with Brisbane end without having a plan B.

Can't people here have a discussion without constantly insulting each other?

As what happens with Beams now is very interesting. Surely after all that has transpired Beams would not want to return to Collingwood next season.
With this been said he may be more inclined in agreeing to being traded to either GWS or Gold Coast (If those two clubs have the salary cap room)
I'm sure Collingwood could get better compensation out of those two clubs than the trade Brisbane was offering. I can't see Collingwood letting the trade discussions with Brisbane end without having a plan B.
Fair, but there are two questions to this:

1. Does Gold Coast have the cap room?
2. Is GWS prepared to give enough up?

Pies are horrible for not accepting unders to send a player back to his sick father..

Yet Lions are guardian angels for not paying overs to get a player back to his sick father and play with his brother as per their fathers wishes?
Apparently. I don't know why those Brisbane angels haven't started a petition to their club to just let Claye go to the Gold Coast so that he and Dayne can play together once GC offer a fair trade next week; thus fulfilling Mr Beams wishes. Come on Brisbane, start the petition you good samaritans! That way they'll play in a premiership together which is no chance in Brisbane.

Gold Coast can play their part by allowing the rest of the talented team to carry Claye.

Heaps of Lions supporters thought it was fine to undermine his dads illness when you thought a deal was going to get done so you could take pot shots at Buckley and Collingwood

No one undermined anything, the fact his father was sick was never called into question, what was acknowledged was that there was more at play, something you Pies have come to accept

If it happens I'll be cool with it, even more so if it was because a close family member had a terminal ilness and was unsure of how much time they had left.
Even when we had 5 leave last year i cannot remember any Lions people stooping as low as Pies have over this.
At least our players stay out of the shitfights via social social media...

Fair, but there are two questions to this:

1. Does Gold Coast have the cap room?
2. Is GWS prepared to give enough up?

Those are the burning questions I guess, I just can't see Beams playing for Collingwood next season.
That's why I am very intrigued to see what happens next week.
Will Collingwood backflip and accept Brisbane's offer of picks 5 and 25?
Is Brisbane bluffing themselves and will they end up giving up a Mayes/Redden+ pick 5 for Beams?
Will other clubs get involved with the trade?
Will Dayne Beams really play for Collingwood next season?

Exciting, hopefully it works out for everyone

So that excludes the behavior of your fans? hell, even the Club themselves have done everything but straight out call Dayne a liar, not a good look.
O Brisbane fans, teach us the morality of your ways. Please, please come down to our level O bastions of morality. FFS spare me the condescending crap. Maybe you should actually find out what the club has said before you shoot your mouth off:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-10-10/pies-lions-cease-negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back