Traded Dayne Beams and pick 67 traded for picks 5 and 25, and Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one undermined anything, the fact his father was sick was never called into question, what was acknowledged was that there was more at play, something you Pies have come to accept

No one doubts his dad is sick its just Collingwood and Brisbane for that matter have taken the stance they are a business not the make a wish foundation. If he walks out that is a risk the club has accepted.

Those are the burning questions I guess, I just can't see Beams playing for Collingwood next season.
That's why I am very intrigued to see what happens next week.
Will Collingwood backflip and accept Brisbane's offer of picks 5 and 25?
Is Brisbane bluffing themselves and will they end up giving up a Mayes/Redden+ pick 5 for Beams?
Will other clubs get involved with the trade?
Will Dayne Beams really play for Collingwood next season?

Exciting, hopefully it works out for everyone
I predict that Beams will end up at Brisbane, but I don't think it will be pick 5 + 25 straight swap. Collingwood will be seen as weak and so they'll negotiate it in a 3-way with the roos. IMO it will be something like:

Brisbane In: Beams
Collingwood In: Pick 5, Greenwood
North Melbourne In: Pick 25

Brisbane Out: Pick 5, 25
Collingwood Out: Beams
North Melbourne Out: Greenwood

You could easily do this as two separate trades, but Collingwood are smart enough to know not to get bullied by a minnow club in front of the football world

I don't see how collingwood supporters think this ends well for them

As it stands Brisbane have improved their list already. Best case scenario is collingwood are stuck with an unhappy player who will bring nothing but contract media attention all year.

Collingwood have let out numerous press releases - beams needs to do the same.

"I understand that talks have stalled aNd that is disappointing. If required I will serve out my contract but no more. I will be leaving at the end of 2015"

There'll be nothing but media scrum after media scrum next year

Dayne needs to do a story like Paddy Ryder did. Him, his brother and his dad talking about cancer, the family and footy. Make sure everyone knows what a quality organisation Collingwood aren't.

I predict that Beams will end up at Brisbane, but I don't think it will be pick 5 + 25 straight swap. Collingwood will be seen as weak and so they'll negotiate it in a 3-way with the roos. IMO it will be something like:

You could easily do this as two separate trades, but Collingwood are smart enough to know not to get bullied by a minnow club in front of the football world
If we were going to do that, we would already have done it, and saved looking like idiots IMO

Exactly what has been floated since early this week.

Those are the burning questions I guess, I just can't see Beams playing for Collingwood next season.
That's why I am very intrigued to see what happens next week.
Will Collingwood backflip and accept Brisbane's offer of picks 5 and 25?
Is Brisbane bluffing themselves and will they end up giving up a Mayes/Redden+ pick 5 for Beams?
Will other clubs get involved with the trade?
Will Dayne Beams really play for Collingwood next season?

Exciting, hopefully it works out for everyone

Take 5 +25? - No
Brisbane come to the table with a good player? - Perhaps.
Will other clubs get involved? - the interest is surely there. The interesting question will be whether Beams is interested.
Will Beams play for the Pies? Reckon he would prefer another another club and so expand his destination choices.

So that excludes the behavior of your fans? hell, even the Club themselves have done everything but straight out call Dayne a liar, not a good look.
Not true. The club named its price which Brisbane didn't deliver. Brisbane had a week to pay and they didn't. Now the club will see if Dayne is open to another club that will trade fairly. If he'd nominated either Brisbane or Gold Coast then Brisbane wouldn't have been so cocky and just paid fair value in the first place.

There are more options than just Brisbane as far as negotiations are concerned now anyway. The final choice for Dayne will be out of those clubs that present a fair deal or stay for a year.

Pies are horrible for not accepting unders to send a player back to his sick father..

Yet Lions are guardian angels for not paying overs to get a player back to his sick father and play with his brother as per their fathers wishes?

Who said we have offered unders? Seems to me the majority of the footy populace agree that 5 & 25 is fair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting YouTube clips of a guy talking about his battle with prostate cancer to win an an argument on a message board.

Dear me.

Yeah that seems like the most logical and fair trade. I'm not sure Collingwood would deal with the Lions after the statement the Pies put out today though, as you said they would look weak if they contradicted themselves

That deal wasn't much different than second offer for Beams of picks 5 + 25, except we also down graded 9 picks (30 to 21) in exchange for 30 + 48. For me a big compromise by the 'pies. What ultimately put an end to that deal was Brisbane also wanting Christensen and being one pick in the 20s short as Geelong understandably wouldn't accept 30 + 48 instead.

You thought we would break under pressure, you were wrong. Now you will break under pressure
What utter crap! You lot have had coaches and Pepperoni tweeting, and Schwabb and Connors bleating to anyone who'll listen. Meanwhile Collingwood have let the first statement stand. Brisbane knew the price and didn't pay. We lose him next year for nothing? You farking wish! Not hapnen! In your dreams!

Alot of offended Lions fans in this thread.

Not sure why brisbane supporters are so angry and offended. They have been saying all week, no, they have been bragging all week that we should accept the deal for beams or we will get him for nothing next year.

So why so upset? It was your second option which u gladly kept telling us about.

What utter crap! You lot have had coaches and Pepperoni tweeting, and Schwabb and Connors bleating to anyone who'll listen. Meanwhile Collingwood have let the first statement stand. Brisbane knew the price and didn't pay. We lose him next year for nothing? You farking wish! Not hapnen! In your dreams!
Ummm...

We said we wouldn't give up any of our youngsters, and we didn't

And btw, who is pepperoni?

And since when can pizza tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back