Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Put it this way, I would give up Pick 8+Scharenberg in a heartbeat for Luke Parker. You are still getting back more than you are giving. Look at the history of Pick 4's and 7's, even with 2, you're unlikely to get a player of Beams' quality back...and Beams takes away the risk element.
Also, you're the one saying how big the gap between 9 and 4 is, but apparently pick 7 is the same as pick 3 when it suits you :rolleyes:
I'll keep it short.

Burgoyne = pick 9 and pick 16

Beams = Pick 4 and pick 20

You'd take 4 and 20 over 9 and 16 every year. Since we are probably offering a fringe player as well for the Beams trade it is pretty close to par. Don't forget he is asking to be traded you can't only accept the farm when he is trying to get home for his sick father.

I'll keep it short.

Burgoyne = pick 9 and pick 16

Beams = Pick 4 and pick 20

You'd take 4 and 20 over 9 and 16 every year. Since we are probably offering a fringe player as well for the Beams trade it is pretty close to par. Don't forget he is asking to be traded you can't only accept the farm when he is trying to get home for his sick father.
Judd = 3,4,20
Beams=???
Burgoyne=9,16
Seems like 5,7 would be roughly in-between these deals, as I said.
Maybe Brisbane should take into account the circumstances as well before trying to ream us at the trade table, rather than it being a one-way street.

Judd = 3,4,20
Beams=???
Burgoyne=9,16
Seems like 5,7 would be roughly in-between these deals, as I said.
Maybe Brisbane should take into account the circumstances as well before trying to ream us at the trade table, rather than it being a one-way street.
Pick 9 + pick 16 = Pick 4

We give you pick 4 & pick 20 & a young fringe player of your choice. Certainly more than the Burgoyne trade...

A top 4 pick and another top 10 pick is just too much for us to give up for Beams when he is the one wanting to be traded, we want to trade for him because he wants to come home, but that doesn't mean we will pay overs to get him.

If we were trying to poach him then yes, two top 10 picks is required. But it is not the case.

Why do people argue with picks and shit like Eddie is personally gonna call them to ask for advice on the trade? You think if you get a consensus on bigfooty that that'll magically happen exactly as you want it to at the trade table? Maybe brisbane sells the farm, maybe they screw collingwood but one thing is for sure you will definitely not have a say in the matter so why worry? Just let the thing play out in trade week.

Why do people argue with picks and shit like Eddie is personally gonna call them to ask for advice on the trade? You think if you get a consensus on bigfooty that that'll magically happen exactly as you want it to at the trade table? Maybe brisbane sells the farm, maybe they screw collingwood but one thing is for sure you will definitely not have a say in the matter so why worry? Just let the thing play out in trade week.
It's all just a bit of fun. This is a discussion forum after all. And the Herald Sun definitely get their trade "scoops" off Bigfooty. E.g. Mega 3-way Beams/Dangerfield/Aish trade.

We give you pick 4 & pick 20 & a young fringe player of your choice. Certainly more than the Burgoyne trade...

A top 4 pick and another top 10 pick is just too much for us to give up for Beams when he is the one wanting to be traded, we want to trade for him because he wants to come home, but that doesn't mean we will pay overs to get him.

If we were trying to poach him then yes, two top 10 picks is required. But it is not the case.
You are poaching him from Collingwood, Collingwood don't want him to go.

This isn't like Fev where Carlton wanted him gone.

It is Brisbane trying to get hold of Collingwood's 2nd best player when under contract.

You are poaching him from Collingwood, Collingwood don't want him to go.

This isn't like Fev where Carlton wanted him gone.

It is Brisbane trying to get hold of Collingwood's 2nd best player when under contract.
What? Even Eddie (who... strongly dislikes us) said he wants to come back for personal reasons and nothing to do with money. That's from Eddie... if this was our doing Eddie would have let the world know by now without a doubt.

What? Even Eddie (who... strongly dislikes us) said he wants to come back for personal reasons and nothing to do with money. That's from Eddie... if this was our doing Eddie would have let the world know by now without a doubt.
So you can rip us off because he has family issues? But we can't keep him cause he has family issues? Cool

You can't bring Beams to our door step and expect us to pay overs to take him off you. As Eddie has stated it has nothing to do with money (i.e. the Lions) and everything to do with his personal situation.
I don't remember taking Beams to your doorstep? Are we shopping him around now?

So you can rip us off because he has family issues? But we can't keep him cause he has family issues? Cool

He does want to go home - home is not victoria

Surely thats not a terribly difficult concept to grasp.

He has pretty much said that he wants to go to gc or brizzy, as that is where home is - this puts collingwood at a disadvantage - thats how it goes.

Your advantage is that hes signed - but scare brisbane off by being too demanding and they might skip the deal - you are then faced with an unhappy player who might quit, sulk and not play well or leave when his contract is up and you get sfa

We lost ebert for sfa to port as they held the whip hand.

You picked up ball for sfa as you held the whip hand snakes and ladders etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does want to go home - home is not victoria

Surely thats not a terribly difficult concept to grasp.

He has pretty much said that he wants to go to gc or brizzy, as that is where home is - this puts collingwood at a disadvantage - thats how it goes.

Your advantage is that hes signed - but scare brisbane off by being too demanding and they might skip the deal - you are then faced with an unhappy player who might quit, sulk and not play well or leave when his contract is up and you get sfa

We lost ebert for sfa to port as they held the whip hand.

You picked up ball for sfa as you held the whip hand snakes and ladders etc
So lets take contracts out of the AFL then? Completely ignore Beams father's medical problem and stick with "He does want to go home" So hypothetically your contracted Josh Kennedy comes to West Coast and says I want to go home, I want to goto Collingwood. So at risk of having an unhappy player on your list you would trade Josh Kenndy for a draft pick and a player you don't want or need? Because he "wants to go home"?

Whats the point of having contracts if a player can just do that?

So lets take contracts out of the AFL then? Completely ignore Beams father's medical problem and stick with "He does want to go home" So hypothetically your contracted Josh Kennedy comes to West Coast and says I want to go home, I want to goto Collingwood. So at risk of having an unhappy player on your list you would trade Josh Kenndy for a draft pick and a player you don't want or need? Because he "wants to go home"?

Your going off topic.

And your player wants to come home, you are his club, he will be expecting you to do more than just sit on your hands.

No. You're doing us a service by taking him off our hands.

Collingwood would do anything possible to keep this how so how the **** are you not poaching him?

Your going off topic.

And your player wants to come home, you are his club, he will be expecting you to do more than just sit on your hands.
Hows it off topic? Talking about contracted players who want to go home. Sounds like Beams to me

Hows it off topic? Talking about contracted players who want to go home. Sounds like Beams to me
Your player wants to come home, you are his club, he will be expecting you to do more than just sit on your hands.

Doubt Beams will be impressed if we offer your our top 4 draft pick, second round pick and a decent player and you guys say no.

Your player wants to come home, you are his club, he will be expecting you to do more than just sit on your hands.

Doubt Beams will be impressed if we offer your our top 4 draft pick, second round pick and a decent player and you guys say no.
Don't think we will be impressed if you offer us pick 4 and a pile of shit either.

You're talking like this has never happened before lol

Brisbane lost 4 players for this very reason, so use of bit of empathy?

4 players with no trade value, correct.
Also in regards to Josh Kennedy, at the time he wasn't worth anything he was almost an afterthought. West Coast wanted pick 1,3 and 20(not sure on this pick) but instead they got 3, 20 and JK.

You're not going to get what you want, as soon as the player 'activates' the go home factor you're always going to be scrambling. The actual value of Beams you just won't get, that's the reality and you're borderline disrespectful of the rest of the competition if you think your club is any different.

Goes without saying Collingwood would most certainly not be used to situations like this, despite interstate clubs coping this almost constantly. So while you're correct in saying the likes of Polec or Yeo have little trade value, Brisbane still didn't recieve actual worth/desired worth. Collingwood will be the same and won't recieve what they want for Beams and unfortunately are obliged to accept the wishes of the player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne beams officially requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back