Dayne Beams or Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done on your common and yet meaningless BF cliche. Mitch was Carlton's BOG in the SF last year and has topped 100 CD pts against your mob the last couple of times we've played, so yeah-nah, poor contribution from you Ron.

As for the poll, I'll go with Beams. Looks like a bogan, but I love the way he goes about it. After the replay GF Magpie fans were fapping over Sidebottom, but I always reckoned Beams was the pick of the two.

Love Robinson as a player. Always admire someone who gets the maximum value from their talent. He is a very good AFL player. For mine though Beams tops him on both talent and output.

I would have Sidey ahead of both however. Near BOG against Adelaide elim final as an 18yo in his 1st year. Top 10 B&F plus great finals series and near Norm Smith in his 2nd season. Thats pretty big for mine. He has been great this year also

As to a fap, Sidey wouldn't be on my list of things to think about. Still each to their own, I wouldn't criticise you if you had an AFL fap boy, maybe Greg Williams!

Love Robinson as a player. Always admire someone who gets the maximum value from their talent. He is a very good AFL player. For mine though Beams tops him on both talent and output.

I would have Sidey ahead of both however. Near BOG against Adelaide elim final as an 18yo in his 1st year. Top 10 B&F plus great finals series and near Norm Smith in his 2nd season. Thats pretty big for mine. He has been great this year also

As to a fap, Sidey wouldn't be on my list of things to think about. Still each to their own, I wouldn't criticise you if you had an AFL fap boy, maybe Greg Williams!

Agree with a lot of this and still rate Sidey slightly ahead (in another of these threads), but worth pointing out that Beams finished 6th in that same B&F you refer to!

I wouldn't criticise you if you had an AFL fap boy, maybe Greg Williams!

Nah! My fap boi would be Krezuer these days. Best young recruit to come to the Blues in the last 15 years. There's a thread floating around about Diesel atm. Plenty in that thread who saw him play. Perhaps you should head on over; who knows, you might see that my opinions on the man have little to do with fap ;)

Couldn't be serious this.

Robinson isn't in Beams' ballpark. Robinson is nothing more then an unskilled try hard.

This thread only proves how underrated Robinson is. Granted, Beams is a very talented young player and deserves to be rated ahead of him but there's nowhere near as much in it as this thread indicated.

He finished seventh in our B&F last year and it wouldn't surprise me if he broke into the top 5 this year. Ungainly but has an enormous influence on the game with his attack on the footy.

This thread only proves how underrated Robinson is. Granted, Beams is a very talented young player and deserves to be rated ahead of him but there's nowhere near as much in it as this thread indicated.

He finished seventh in our B&F last year and it wouldn't surprise me if he broke into the top 5 this year. Ungainly but has an enormous influence on the game with his attack on the footy.

Not really mate. Robinson is rated pretty well. Beams is just better, and going to be better.

Dont think he is underrated at all, I would have said a 31% vote for Robinson is fairly generous actually.

Dont think he is underrated at all, I would have said a 31% vote for Robinson is fairly generous actually.

Given that you called him just a "good, serviceable player", safe to say that you're one of the culprits.

Granted his consistency hasn't been the greatest, but he's played very well when given an opportunity through the midfield. He has more impact per possession than most players in the competition.

Few "good, serviceable players" receive more than a few votes in the Brownlow each year. Robinson polled 9 in a 5 week period last year, more than Beams has managed in his career:
R10: 30 touches, 6 tackles, 3 votes
R11: 34 touches, 4 tackles, 1 goal 3, 3 votes
R12: 29 touches, 1 vote
R13: 22 touches, 5 tackles, 1 goal
R14: 30 touches, 6 tackles, 2 goals 2, 2 votes

At the moment he's struggled for impact in our wins but he's generally a barometer. When he plays well, the rest of the side seems to follow. His reckless ferocity is infectious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given that you called him just a "good, serviceable player", safe to say that you're one of the culprits.

Granted his consistency hasn't been the greatest, but he's played very well when given an opportunity through the midfield. He has more impact per possession than most players in the competition.

Few "good, serviceable players" receive more than a few votes in the Brownlow each year. Robinson polled 9 in a 5 week period last year, more than Beams has managed in his career:
R10: 30 touches, 6 tackles, 3 votes
R11: 34 touches, 4 tackles, 1 goal 3, 3 votes
R12: 29 touches, 1 vote
R13: 22 touches, 5 tackles, 1 goal
R14: 30 touches, 6 tackles, 2 goals 2, 2 votes

At the moment he's struggled for impact in our wins but he's generally a barometer. When he plays well, the rest of the side seems to follow. His reckless ferocity is infectious.

Don't bring up the Brownlow as an arguement, it holds no merit. Judd won Swan's year and Swan won Judd's year. That says it all right there. I think Robinson is a gun, not just a good player, but no one's arguing that. They're arguing that Beams is better. Which he is.

Not really mate. Robinson is rated pretty well. Beams is just better, and going to be better.

I think you've missed the point here. I myself rate Beams higher, but agree with b4f that this thread shows Robbo is underrated by a few. Read through the comments and you get the feel some posters see Robbo as just a serviceable footballer with shit skills and that's about all - and that is underrating the player IMO.

I don't think he has been struggling for impact earlier this year. He has been mainly playing a defensive forward roll on opposition players. Soon as he gets moved into the midfield, he fires. Classic example was vs Adelaide, where he got almost no touches in the first half, but restricted Rielly to about 3, then got moved into the midfield, where he played really well, ended up with about 16 touches, and from that point Rielly was also freed up and ended up with 19. But if you just look at Mitch's stats from that game, you would have thought he played poorly, without understanding his roll.

I think you've missed the point here. I myself rate Beams higher, but agree with b4f that this thread shows Robbo is underrated by a few. Read through the comments and you get the feel some posters see Robbo as just a serviceable footballer with shit skills and that's about all - and that is underrating the player IMO.

I agree with this. He is definitely more than just your average player, people spurting that are idiots. One of Carlton's best players this year!

Robinson is very good when he's on, but that comes once every 3-4 games. Dayne Beams is more consistent and his best is better than Robinson's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne Beams or Mitch Robinson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back