Player Watch Dayne Beams (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fcuk him, don't want him back.
The way he carried on when he wanted to leave, then refused to go to the Copeland instead choosing to go to a pub.
Guys like Treloar, Adams, De Goey, eventually Sier and others far outweigh anything he could bring back.
Besides, the club covered up far too much shit for this bloke when he was here first time round.
Rot in Brisbane champ

People do stupid stuff - but they can change and mature. He’s been through a lot of personal stuff over the past few years. Maybe that changed him.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Changed his mind in a month?
Where do you get this idea from?
Neither of us really know whether he would have accepted the direction the club has gone into the last two years or even before with the much disliked Leading Teams disaster.

If he wants to come back he is obviously accepting the new direction.

Shaw was one that didn't want to toe the line and a law unto himself, sad but that is the reality.
Different reality to Beams, which was my point.

Where do you get this idea from?.

His speech at Brisbane's B&F

AN EMOTIONAL Dayne Beams has conceded he considered a return to Melbourne, but said he couldn't leave a Brisbane team he thought was on the verge of success.

Beams finished runner-up to Dayne Zorko by one vote for the Merrett-Murray Medal as the Lions' best and fairest, but his acceptance speech stole the show on Saturday night.

Explaining the hardship of a year that included losing his father Philip to cancer, Beams paid tribute to wife Kelly and brother Claye, but saved the highest praise for his Lions teammates.

"I've thought about going back to Melbourne and those discussions happened, and I'm not going to lie to you, I had those thoughts in my head," Beams told a packed Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.

"The one thing I kept coming back to is this group and you blokes - I bloody love you, I really do.

"The last six months have been unbelievable. I've been able to connect with you on such a deeper level."

If he wants to come back he is obviously accepting the new direction.

Neither of us know that as a fact, sadly I for one, don't believe it.

AN EMOTIONAL Dayne Beams has conceded he considered a return to Melbourne, but said he couldn't leave a Brisbane team he thought was on the verge of success.

Beams finished runner-up to Dayne Zorko by one vote for the Merrett-Murray Medal as the Lions' best and fairest, but his acceptance speech stole the show on Saturday night.

Explaining the hardship of a year that included losing his father Philip to cancer, Beams paid tribute to wife Kelly and brother Claye, but saved the highest praise for his Lions teammates.

"I've thought about going back to Melbourne and those discussions happened, and I'm not going to lie to you, I had those thoughts in my head," Beams told a packed Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.

"The one thing I kept coming back to is this group and you blokes - I bloody love you, I really do.

"The last six months have been unbelievable. I've been able to connect with you on such a deeper level."
Fair enough
I never claimed it as fact.

You’ve convinced me.
Thomas and Aish for Beams.

So we should send Aish back to whence (*) he came?

* Never pass up an opportunity to use the word ‘whence’, they don’t come around very often.

Valid points I agree but in GF we were nutted in midfield contests with pretty much a full midfield list (Wells aside unless I’ve missed someone). That put pressure on our backline which held up reasonably ok given circumstances. Club believes we’re in window and if we can get him in for first rounder it may be worth a punt.
I think we’ll need the first rounder for May as agreater need.

with Connors denying Beams wants a trade has Barrett been played?

One theory going around is that Freo are causing mischief with the Neade trade ... wanting to get pick 18 from us via Brisbane.

Then, IMO, Beams plays out his contract....
Sure.
I'm not that fussed.

He wants to join us.
He is 29.
We are not desperate for him.

We call the shots.

If not, not.

I love beams but the past is the past.. I would have thought he'd be good this time last year but knowing how much awesome talent we have coming thru now, I don't want Collingwood to give anyone up for him.. someone said sier on the radio this morning, you gotta be joking we are definitely not giving up the bear. No way in hell. You're obviously having a lend if you think that.

21 touches and 4 tackles, his first year playing afl in a grand final . I can't help but think ed has been chatting to beams asking him to pretend he wants,to,go back to Melbourne as a decoy for the real deal that's going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, whatever the name of that player is whose name starts with ‘N’ and who plays for the team that wears purple, he apparently wants a transfer to one of those Queensland teams ...

... heck I dunno, I’m a Collingwood supporter, if it’s got nothing to do with Collingwood then I don’t care!! :p

The romantic in me says "get him home, cost be damned" but the pragmatist in me says "doesn't really fill a need, only has a few years of good footy left, not worth giving away a decent pick for."

Maybe we'll get lucky and Brisbane will "do the right thing" like we did

Couldn't Beams just end the rumours now with a simple tweet?

He’d probably get his backside kicked by his manager if he did.

Ever wonder why there are always so many rumours going around about players going to Collingwood? It’s because we never emphatically confirm or deny them. Maybe we see that there is currency in behaving that way in the market. The player managers are in the same position. Connors is probably content to let BS rumours circle around the market. It’s a jungle out there. He knows if it’s true or not, he can let other people be confused by it.

He’d probably get his backside kicked by his manager if he did.

Ever wonder why there are always so many rumours going around about players going to Collingwood? It’s because we never emphatically confirm or deny them. Maybe we see that there is currency in behaving that way in the market. The player managers are in the same position. Connors is probably content to let BS rumours circle around the market. It’s a jungle out there. He knows if it’s true or not, he can let other people be confused by it.

Fair point.

So we should send Aish back to whence (*) he came?

* Never pass up an opportunity to use the word ‘whence’, they don’t come around very often.

FANS WOULD THROW A PARTY WITH THAT:rolleyes:

Sounds like a goodbye speech.

Pendles for Beams. Straight swap.
Pendles isn’t guaranteed a spot in our midfield with the rise of Sier and JDG.

Benefits both parties.

Take out the captain factor (which he won’t be next year anyway) and it makes sense.
Pendles can mentor the up and coming cubs.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back