News & Events Dead Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO sending a pic would be the best option. It will give your mother the opportunity to say goodbye seeing how she can't actually see it face to face right now due to being away. It sounds like it lived a lovely life though and i'm sure it died a happy cat.

I think that it is best telling your dad first. He will know the best time to break the news to your mum.

Good luck.

Buy another cat that looks the same, they won't notice!

jinx_l.jpg

Last December i came home at 4am one night, and the taxi went past a dead cat in the middle of my street (small street) and i immediately assumed it was ours, based on looks.

Got out of cab, went back the 25m or so to see, confirmed it as ours (freshly dead, still in perfect condition) so carried it back to our front lawn.

Went inside and woke dad to tell him, he comes out for a look, mumbles something about not "thinking he'd ever go this way."

Next morning our whole family has a sort of goodbye/burial for the boy, and we put him in a hole next to the shed.

Few hours later our cat wanders through our back yard and in through the door looking for lunch.

Hmmmm...

We'd buried a dead cat that wasn't ours and none of our 5 family members could tell that it wasn't our cat upon inspection.

Cool story bro, tl;dr, etc...

Man my dead cat was in my dream last night, lying around the house n shit. A little sad when I woke up realised he wasn't around

Had same exact thing happen with sisters cat when she went to Europe for 6 weeks.

Gave cat proper burial (wrapped in bin liner, chucked in the wheelie bin) and didn't say shit to them until they got back.

Living the lie wasn't too bad, you don't hear from people much when they're on holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys are ***** i hope all your dogs die a horrible horrible death.

Anyways mate id say wait till they get back before telling them.

I love my dogs.

****ing cat lovers....

I cannot stand dogs. Have two mates places that I regularly go to where as soon as I get in the door I am greeted with two dogs running full pelt at my nuts. Virtually have to run away. Then when I'm inside, constantly licking and jumping all over me. How can you live like that 24/7? Just get in the way.

Cats all the way. Peaceful, stay out of the way, can still build a connection with them.

Last December i came home at 4am one night, and the taxi went past a dead cat in the middle of my street (small street) and i immediately assumed it was ours, based on looks.
etc...

Moral of the story: put a ****ing collar on your cat.

Did you dig the other cat back up and put it on the road for the real owners? :p

Dogs are better than people. Nothing better than getting home from work each day to hear them flying up to the door before you've even put the key in.

Cats don't greet, they just wait for food. If you don't feed them they pack their bags.

Haha, that's pretty true. I like both. You do build a closer connection with a dog though. I have a cat that is 7 and a dog that is 1. The dog always wants attention and is happy to be around you, whereas it's a nice surprise when the cat comes and jumps on your lap. Only happens about once a month.

Cats are selfish, greedy, unloving creatures who'd just as soon scratch your eyes out as curl up in your lap.

Problem?

could replace that with "women" :D

both cats and dogs kick ass, however cats should be kept inside as they jump fences + do not mix well with cars.

personally, i'd wait until the chip scan comes back and then call your parents.
Then, if they get another cat hopefully they get an outside cat run for the next one. saves heartache, ay

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Dead Pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back