Dean Brogan?

Remove this Banner Ad

i have no problem with brogan doing that...s*** if the club offered a player coaching contract, i would have no problem with that either....

as for boak...he can get the ball and he can evade tackles...but its what happens after that is the problem...

trade bait...

Good on him. It shows how pissed off he is. It also shows that he gives a shit. Give me a team full of Dean Brogan's any day!

In fact perhaps we should put Dean in charge of list management.

Agree
Brogan has shown throughout this year and others, that he at least gives a shit about the PAFC, and hates losing. Those two combined go along way to winning more matches than losing.

Boak was terrible, he would've fumbled easy balls about 10 or 15 times tonight, and Hartlett was anonymous other than one good mark. Boak is officially trade bait IMO.

as much as i would in general agree with your synopsis, Boak was clearly the games BOG tonight. Fumbled 10 to 15 times my ass.

boak was EXCELLENT. brogan ****ing BLEEDS for this club. hartlett did some decent things too.

we're a mess though

Whether he was injured or not, pissed at his teammates or not, to ignore an opposition players attempt to shake hands, and then walk off the field without team mates, trainers or anything was not a good look.

And yes I was there, just 30m or so from the race.;)

PS= Boak is a very, very good player...

True.

No matter how pissed he was at his own team mates, he should of at least shook hands with the victorious Brisbane players. Team-manship and sportsmanship can be 2 different things sometimes.

Boak fumbles a lot, has had a major case of the fumbles the last few weeks, at least that i've noticed. He was very good last night but he doesn't have the surest hands at times.

If Brogan walked off, then good. He seems to be the only one that cares the last couple of years.

Boak was very good and tried to take the game. From what I saw with the game last night as fatigue set in alot of players started to fumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hardly think there is anything wrong with Cassisi as captain. Although this may not have been his best night, he has been very very good for us this season.

This sort of comment shits me. Being Captain is much more than playing well yourself.

At the risk of igniting a "Dom. Is Good" circle jerk on this board, I think it is time to take stock of the decision to make him Captain and the obvious fracture it has caused in the team.

While others point to Choco et al being the lone culprit for our on-field fadeouts, capitulations and general piss-poor performance, I'm of the belief that the types of issues we've faced this season point to a lack of on field leadership. Our leadership group must be held accountable for this, particularly Dom.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody else thinks the same way.

This sort of comment shits me. Being Captain is much more than playing well yourself.

At the risk of igniting a "Dom. Is Good" circle jerk on this board, I think it is time to take stock of the decision to make him Captain and the obvious fracture it has caused in the team.

While others point to Choco et al being the lone culprit for our on-field fadeouts, capitulations and general piss-poor performance, I'm of the belief that the types of issues we've faced this season point to a lack of on field leadership. Our leadership group must be held accountable for this, particularly Dom.

I'd be interested to hear if anybody else thinks the same way.

As I said elsewhere on another board I feel that the the players did not want Dom as captain and hence the split between the players.

Maybe the team are acting as petulant children not getting their own way.

Boak was pretty decent last night, clearly in our top 5 players, however I did think he had a touch of the fumbles last night. Mind you, who didn't.

Dean Brogan is a passionate man and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I didn't see the incident, but at least he did SOMETHING. SOMETHING is better than the NOTHING the majority of our other players offer.

He has had a good season and can hold his head high.
He isn't the first bloke to be too livid to shake an opponents hand and wont be the last (not that I condone that, but it happens, and in this case I doubt it had anything to do with showing disrespect for the Lions players)

If Boak and Hartlett are hacks, get ready for about five years of disappointment

They're not hacks, I rate Hartlett very, very highly and although I don't think Boak will be elite I think he'll be a quality player, but I didn't rate either of their games tonight. I'll give Boak credit for trying his ass off, it's just that not much seemed to work for him IMO. Obviously most of you disagree with me (although he said himself that he fumbled too much in an interview at AFL.com).

^Boak did fumble, but not 10-15 times- that's a joke.

Also, the good that Boak did outweighed the 'good' that almost/all the rest of his teammates.

Being the team's BOG doesn't necessarily mean you played a perfect game.

Am up to the third quarter and Boaks been clear BOG for us at this point in the game.

As for Brogan walking off. I dont think its a good look, particularly due to not shaking hands with opponents. He isnt the first to do it though.

last week at half time I commented that Chad walked off the ground without his teammates and when told to stay out there by both trainers and the crowd in front of the race yelled '**** off'. This was when Brogan was lining up for goal after the siren. About 4 others followed him off but stayed out there when the trainers arked up.

We do not play as a team, simple as that.

We should cut a bit of slack to some of the players. If Boak was in St. Kilda he would be trained differently and the fumbles would disappear. I have said it time and time again, our mid-field is disorganised and is responsible for making both the forward and backline look bad. A part time hack and an inexperienced assistant coach in what is one of the most sensitive areas of the ground because our defense is our midfield. They have no system and this is the job of the mid-field coach. We fumble because when we should be working on improving areas of our game we are carrying bricks and trying to delude ourselves that it is all in the players heads. No it isn't, the coaching staff, which has been depleted due to internal politics, is woefully inadequate. If we get rid of a few of our good players they will go away and become 200 game pinup boys for another Victorian team. BTW Boak is one of our best if not, the best, player in our team. Is very young but has to shoulder the burden of not just geting the hard ball but breaking the lines with his run and chasing opposition jumpers all night. If we had twa more of him we would be in the finals

Our midfield has been hopeless this year and I can't for the life of me understand how both primus and mcguiness can be offered contracts for next year!

I suspect that we have had trouble recruiting quality staff. When a team is losing so many personnel it makes it difficult to coax someone to come all the way from Victoria to a working environment that is so unstable. This was one of the reasons why I thought that they would get rid of Mark. The question you have got to ask is can we get a better coach or can we put together a better coaching team. If you look at some of FF's comments on our style of play I think he also has a handle on what we do wrong. The sheparding, tackling and decision making comes with an organised mid-field coach who can decipher how Sydney for example can congest an area and work in confined spaces. In fact, clubs know we are claustrophobic and get nervous in confined spaces. It is just training and our drills are about 2-3 years behind. Why do you think that the Cows have closed sessions? They know that if they did things in the open we will copy what they do to correct our deficiencies:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Brogan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back