Dean Cox - fair play or dog act?

Remove this Banner Ad

I miss this.

Not great and dissapointing by Cox (probably frustation has gotten the best of him). It goes with out saying that we have a lot of issues within our group.

Is the Melbourne kid okay? Again, full credit to Dees for the win.

$10 says the guy wasnt Cox and the OP got the wrong player.
I believe him that a player did it but i find it hard to believe it was big Cox.

Have to be blind or ignorant to mistake big Cox - one of the most unique and recognisable players in the AFL. But as you say, very out of character, so let's wait and see.

Whilst all Stefan's are now resigned to forever needing to "harden the fu$k up" thanks to Uncle Chop Chop I really don't understand the WCE/Hawks guys who think everyone is having a whinge.

IF....the ball was down the other end
IF....the guys was vomiting and in the hands of the trainers

Then that is a pretty low act and I can't see how you can defend it. It would be different if all the Big Vox di was have a bit of a laugh at him, call him a few soft names and welcome him to the AFL, but to hit the guy in the arms of the trainers is really uncalled for.

Agree, and also how weak is Wilkes.

Cant beleive he went off on a STRETCHER after getting a liddle widdle hit on the head.

HARDEN THE F___ UP!!!!!!

You ****ing ********:rolleyes:

Ahh it was a neck injury....they are really bad they took all of the right procautions incause it was more sirious

Im sure it really really hurt him, clearly your the only one who saw this, so if it was such a 'dog act' why hasn't it been shown on TV?

It was in the first quarter. Stefan Martin flew for a mark/spoil atempt and got crunched. He then hunched over vomitting near the point post and a trainer came out to assist him as he was obviously in abit of pain. By this point the ball has rebounded to the other end of the ground.
Enter hard ass Dean Cox. Who jogs across and gives Martin a decent bump WHILE HE WAS HUNCHED OVER VOMITTING, IN THE ARMS OF A TRAINER AND THE BALL WAS OVER 100 METRES AWAY.

I saw it.

Dog act, elbowed him right in the guts, very out of character.
I'm a bit confused.:confused:

So Martin was hunched over, vomiting, in the arms of the trainer and Coxy elbowed him in the guts?

I know if I see someone vomiting, I try my hardest to keep out of the line of fire. Wouldn't be running over and elbowing them in the guts thats for sure! Lives life on the edge that Cox!

It would be good if all the eye witnesses could get their stories straight too, did he push him, bump him, punch him in the ribs or elbow him in the guts? I have no doubt something obscene happened, but what exactly?:rolleyes:

Player on the field is fair game. If you want to be protected then leave the oval.

Melbourne are jealous cause west coast supporters have big coxs. Envy thats all :thumbsu:

this wouldn't happen to be the incident where Riewoldt told the trainers he was good to play and sent them on their way would it!

Nothing to do with it. The debate over that incident was about deliberately trying to make an injury worse by targetting it off the ball and whether it is acceptable sporting behaviour these days. Thats is..if someone strains a hammie and is hobbling around not wanting to come off should guys come in and try to make it worse off the ball. Noone wants to come off... but is it acceptable to target the injury off the ball was the issue.

Besides...if this Cox thing u say is actually true then its chalk and cheese. One was a broken collarbone and the one you're talking about is just a guy having a puke being reminded who is boss.

Doesnt sound to me like anyone gut punched him whilst puking...only then might u get close to comparing the two.

If true then whats wrong with Cox give him a reminder ?...he's done nothing illegal and who;s to say your boy "Stefan" wasnt mouthing off out of his league beforehand ?

Nothing to see here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ohhhh, poor little Stefan.

Maybe he should go back to playing Auskick.

HARDEN THE F___ UP!!!!!!!

You blokes deserve the spoon & PP if you're that precious, maybe you can use it to draft a player with balls. And maybe then supporters with balls will follow.

At least he didn't go of on a stretcher for headbutting someone. I thought yeserday the WCE were tanking but if you look and compare their results against Melbourne, they have been just as pathetic. Infact they took a 135 point thrashing to the cats.

Melbourne supporters need to harden up. Even Stefan isn't having a sook at this one.

Actually, it's the Eagles fans who need to harden the **** up. From all of the pathetic responses in this thread it's painfully aware of our bitter most of you all are about your mob being exposed for their woeful tanking effort yesterday.

Harden the **** up, you're beginning to sound like a bunch of Freo supporters

this wouldn't happen to be the incident where Riewoldt told the trainers he was good to play and sent them on their way would it!

That Riewoldt waved the trainers away is categorically wrong.

It was a water boy borrowed from Brisbane for the game that went up to him, the Saints trainers were still only halfway across the ground.

On topic - rather uncharacteristic and unnecessary act by Cox.

I'm a bit confused.:confused:

So Martin was hunched over, vomiting, in the arms of the trainer and Coxy elbowed him in the guts?

I know if I see someone vomiting, I try my hardest to keep out of the line of fire. Wouldn't be running over and elbowing them in the guts thats for sure! Lives life on the edge that Cox!

It would be good if all the eye witnesses could get their stories straight too, did he push him, bump him, punch him in the ribs or elbow him in the guts? I have no doubt something obscene happened, but what exactly?:rolleyes:

Couldn't see it clearly, was hoping that the TV coverage had caught it.

Looked like Cox went over to Martin, while he was haunched over and either elbowed or bumped him.

Couldn't see it clearly, was hoping that the TV coverage had caught it.

Looked like Cox went over to Martin, while he was haunched over and either elbowed or bumped him.

someone needs a cup of harden the F**k up???

Back in my dad i played with a broken wrist and ppl went for it all the time,

this guy is just soft.

Actually, it's the Eagles fans who need to harden the **** up. From all of the pathetic responses in this thread.
Actually its all the Demons supporters who are carrying on about nothing.

Everyone saw it happen, yet everyone has a different version of what went on.

Again I ask did Cox push him, bump him, punch him in the ribs or elbow him in the guts? The four scenarios that the Demons "wittnesses" have come up with so far.

Maybe the delirium of winning a game affected your perception of events.:)

Eagles have a history of this kind of shit.

Hunter on O'Loughlin in 05 or 06 QF. MOL trying to stretch a troublesome leg, ball 100m away and Hunter just continually bumps him until MOL tells him to ****en grow up and pushes him away. Stupid ****en umpy blows the whistle and awards a free kick to WCE.

w***ers, both the scump and Hunter.

Eagles have a history of this kind of shit.

Hunter on O'Loughlin in 05 or 06 QF. MOL trying to stretch a troublesome leg, ball 100m away and Hunter just continually bumps him until MOL tells him to ****en grow up and pushes him away. Stupid ****en umpy blows the whistle and awards a free kick to WCE.

w***ers, both the scump and Hunter.
Ah yes, this was the one about 5 minutes after MOL eye-gouged Hunter in a pack wasn't it. Who is the real w***er?

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Cox - fair play or dog act?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back