Toast Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

The sole reason we almost won.

At half time before we went off, he gathered the troops and showed something we havent seen in a long time, leadership.

Great second half, some strong marks in the backline, and really took it upon himself to lead, talking to the younger players, telling players where to go.

A big positive out of tonight, and a great response to Aka labelling him the most disappointing player this year.

Interesting one.

Obviously was good in the 3rd quarter but he got absolutely smashed in the 2nd quarter by Clarke (or was it Luenburger?) and that was one of the biggest contributors to the loss. There was a noticeable improvement when NickNat went into the centre square.

Don't like his intensity, his penchant for cheap nothing possessions and his role dropping back into the hole is vastly overrated. Good teams expose him time and time again.

It was a meh... performance for me.

it wasnt really his performance that impressed me (although his 2nd half was good)

it was the fact that at half time he showed some leadership which we havent seen from players or coaches, and actual gave it to the boys

and what happened after that, we kicked the next 3 goals to get right back in the match

it was the fact that at half time he showed some leadership which we havent seen from players or coaches, and actual gave it to the boys
Glad to see it only took being embarrassed on your home ground against the most out-of-form team, for our highest paid player to show some leadership.

Coxy's Foot

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Coxy's foot is playing up. Last night he kicked pretty much exclusively on his left, even when he had the time to straighten up (and once from a freekick or mark - can't remember which). Heaven't heard anything from the club but I can't understand why else he would be doing this.

FWIW I think he played pretty well last night

On 3AW radio yesterday mike sheehan said west coast could demand pick 1,2 or 3 from the gold coast for cox. Liegh Matthews didn't quite agree but said deffinatley one of pick 5,7 or 9. 10-20 for kerr

Re: Coxy's Foot

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Coxy's foot is playing up. Last night he kicked pretty much exclusively on his left, even when he had the time to straighten up (and once from a freekick or mark - can't remember which). Heaven't heard anything from the club but I can't understand why else he would be doing this.

my foots fine larri

but seriously, i cant remember him kicking on his right last night, but he's never really been afraid to kick on his left

On 3AW radio yesterday mike sheehan said west coast could demand pick 1,2 or 3 from the gold coast for cox. Liegh Matthews didn't quite agree but said deffinatley one of pick 5,7 or 9. 10-20 for kerr

That's pretty much what I've been getting at along, when it comes to Cox and Kerr. Precedent will go a long way in determining value.
BF group think kicks in and all of a sudden, it's a BF fact that Cox is only worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder in a compromised draft.
BF must be hypnotic. Not many think for themselves.

I initially wanted a pick between 10-15 for Cox. Recently, I proposed Cox + 44 for the Hawks 20 + 37, so as to be far more accessible for a deal to take place. But according to BF, that deal was still paying overs.
It's not enough to be more than reasonable and accommodating on here.

EDIT: It's of little wonder why legends like Wisbey had an absolute gut full with D+T threads on this site, it's full of morons, ridiculers and sheep.

I've heard his foot is stuffed and he's playing with injections in it every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seemed to remember wirra accidentally stepping on his foot, year or 2 back and has had problems ever since.

Yep, that's when it happened. Wirra got in the way as Coxy went to kick the ball - damaged his foot and he hasn't been the same since. Shame!!!! :thumbsdown:

Yeh but also the sole reason we lost IMO.
His long bomb down the line with 1 minute to go was a baaaad choice, all he had to do was spot up a team mate, insted the ball was turned over and kicked straight down the throat of 1 John Brown.

Also he is having problems with his foot but its not broken according to him, its more bruising or swelling and it needs rest, Same thing Chick played with late in his career. Will get plenty in 3 weeks.
As for the injections he's never mentioned anything to me and if he was getting them then he would be more likely to kick off his right with the lack of pain.

Ok, seriously, who was the the IDIOT fitness guy who made Big Cox lose 6-8 kg in the preseason?? He's getting pushed out of a lot of ruck contests and not a lot faster. Uggh, I think whoever's running that dept has a lot to answer for... we look like the weakest mob out there.

Still, Coxy is the man, and I think he should be playing more lose man in defence, just a good user of footy (not counting bal slipping out of hands... oops!).

One of coxy's better games this season...

Shame it was against the second worst team in the comp ATM. Problem is both Naita and Cox have been playing there best footy as the No 1 ruckmen, one has to go. Cox cant really play anywhere other then ruck and Naita is still to young to carry it by himself (show my another 20 yo ruckmen that played as much AFL footy as him). So going forward Cox is no 1 and Naita plays more time forward.

On another note, I cant see WC drafting another first round draft pick ruckman in Gorringe as they picked Naita in 08 at pick 2, they will pick another late rounder or RD IMO. What about Chris Keunan from west perth....

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back