Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Tall and long arms means it's hard for opponents to get around or over him
To the ball which leads to players infringing by pushing\ chopping the arms.

Gets a shitload of soft frees in the ruck as well not just in front of goal. Having said that most of his frees were there tonight, kind of soft but holding was clear most of the time.

Having said that most of his frees were there tonight, kind of soft but holding was clear most of the time.

And this is why Bigfooty is now ridiculous on this issue. You can't hold the arm in ruck contests. People have to do that to beat Cox. Thus he gets lots of frees. And it makes you all so mad.

I imagine you at home... toothless... spitting beer and chips and venom in vain at your black and white TVs. It's just not fair. The Eagles are all cheats. I can't exactly prove it but my fap buddies on Bigfooty tell me so and it feels like cheating. I mean, I hate them and hope they lose every match and when they don't it's ALWAYS because of the umpires. ALWAYS. There is no talent in that damn pathetic team. And they can't win in Melbourne. And they took drugs. Did anyone really investigate that? Why do this no-talent franchise from the back of beyond win games with no talent. NONE. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Well, its kind of been that way for Cox for quite a while now. Has quite a large number of frees paid for him (and quite of few against too). Its not some specific agenda. Its just sometimes you have to infringe against him. Soft they may be, but the frees are there most of the time. Similar to how selwoods receive high contact. Perhaps it shouldnt be rewarded in the spirit of the game, but you cant fault the umps or players since its the correct interpretation of the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate the wah he throws his arms out, but when you re-watch you'll see that they are there the majority of the time. Ever think that due to his size, skill and reputation that people panic and do stupid things to try limit his influence?

Cox is just really really good at what he does.

Most of the time he's matched up on a KPD a couple of inches shorter than him too, it's no surprise most contests they resort to grabbing his jumper or chopping the arm as he reaches up for the ball.

And he knows how to accentuate it just the right amount.

Which of his frees in front of goals weren't there?
The one against Jamison was clearly an obvious free kick.

Cox's position is absolutely excellent and one of the reasons he gets free kicks. This goes for both the ruck duels and marking contexts. Just a very, very smart footballer.

Its nothing new, since 2005, he has been 1st, 7th, 8th, 9th, 3rd, 10th, 7th and 3rd in free kicks per game.

The reason for that, is related to the reason that since that time he has also been 2nd, 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, 7th, 5th, 4th and 11th in hitouts per game.

Particularly around the ground he is simply the master at getting and keeping front position in boundary throw ins and bounces- he doesn't leap, he simply plants himself in the right position, gets his legs spread and feet planted, and simply can't be moved- a lot of people don't realise just how impossible it is to shift a tall wiry guy who know hows to use their physique to best advantage- they have physics on their side.

Also there is an AFL led conspiracy to gift an interstate, financially secure club with little or no interest for neutral footbally goers a premiership. Because. Um....

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back