Geoff

Premium Platinum
May 13, 2004
W.A.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Thanks folks, I am trying to get my head around why he was de-listed.

Polo was taken at pick 20 in the 2005 draft, debuted in 2006 with a 28 possession game. Appeared to be an elite runner in the team.

What happened to his development? Was he one Walletts recruiting and development failures? Is he a chance in the Drafts or is he gonski as an AFL footballer.

Any info is appreciated

Cheers

Polo was taken at pick 20 in the 2005 draft, debuted in 2006 with a 28 possession game. Appeared to be an elite runner in the team.

What happened to his development? Was he one Walletts recruiting and development failures? Is he a chance in the Drafts or is he gonski as an AFL footballer.

Any info is appreciated

Cheers

2004 draft actually. never really kicked on after that first game did he? lol.
dont know if u can blame wallace for that one as by all accounts he couldnt care less if he was playing for richmond or coburg. was content with either.

Any info is appreciated

Cheers

Has the tools, except he is a few tools short in the shed maybe. looked like he had put in a solid pre-season for this year.... I think he has problems adhering to team rules and the roles he is given. Attitude???

Any info is appreciated

Cheers

Hey you could get a job at the Herald Sun.
Polo was lazy and undisciplined. Not much else to it. Not gonna miss him.
The Herald Sun typicially had a dig at Wallace and Richmond today for our drafting and singled out Polo, McMahon, Thomson and Patto. Yet to see an article where they slag off Neil Craig, John Meesen, Chad Gibson, Darren Pfeiffer, Alan Obst, James Sellar, Nick Gill, Bryce Campbell, Aaron Kite or Rodney Eade, Jesse Wells, Damian McCormack, Stephen Tiller, Travis Baird, Brett Montgomery, Andrejs Everitt, Brennan Stack, Malcolm Lynch, Paul O'Shea, Guy O'Keefe, Jarrad Boughman etc etc.

Ordinary inside midfielder in a team full of inside midfielders. Tried as a HBF and HFF, relatively shithouse at both positions.

Look I have always rated him,he will bring much needed stability and team first attitudes to the freo list.

His work ethic can't be faulted,always the first to shout the bar,the only problem I would see would be that the streets of northbridge are different to chapel street.

I suppose you can get a personal gps and plot the bars in it until he works out where to go in perth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do believe he was a bit of a Wallace failure. He should of played more footy in his first 3 seasons and could of been a diiferent player if this had of happened.

Our team is littered with players that Wallace never brought along and chose to play old hacks instead of them. Hardwick was smart enough to recognise this

Conners
Collins
Edwards
thurstfield
Cleve Hughes
Meyer
& Polo all should of played more footy under Wallace but were never given much of a chance.

Hughes kicked 6 straight one week and was dropped 2 weeks later. Yes Polo has fallen by the way side but things could have been different if Wallace had of given all these boys games over the list cloggers like Tivendale , Hyde , Pettifer and co

anyways all done now and I hope Polo gets a go at another club. He us the only one capable out of all our delistings.

I do believe he was a bit of a Wallace failure. He should of played more footy in his first 3 seasons and could of been a diiferent player if this had of happened.

I would have thought he had plenty of chances RT, seemed to be flawed..too slow, not enough tricks or strings to the bow..average disposal...soon gets exposed at the highest level after the post draft honeymoon wears off

Our team is littered with players that Wallace never brought along and chose to play old hacks instead of them. Hardwick was smart enough to recognise this

Conners
Collins
Edwards
thurstfield
Cleve Hughes
Meyer
& Polo all should of played more footy under Wallace but were never given much of a chance.

Hughes kicked 6 straight one week and was dropped 2 weeks later. Yes Polo has fallen by the way side but things could have been different if Wallace had of given all these boys games over the list cloggers like Tivendale , Hyde , Pettifer and co

anyways all done now and I hope Polo gets a go at another club. He us the only one capable out of all our delistings.

Bar Edwards, those blokes didn't make it because they weren't good enough. It had nothing to do with Wallace. Conners has seemingly pulled his head in. Cleve looked like Tarzan, played like Jane. Andy can't put weight on. Meyer, just an ordinary footballer. And Bo was spot on about Polo. It's not always the coach's fault.

Hey you could get a job at the Herald Sun.
Polo was lazy and undisciplined. Not much else to it. Not gonna miss him.
The Herald Sun typicially had a dig at Wallace and Richmond today for our drafting and singled out Polo, McMahon, Thomson and Patto. Yet to see an article where they slag off Neil Craig, John Meesen, Chad Gibson, Darren Pfeiffer, Alan Obst, James Sellar, Nick Gill, Bryce Campbell, Aaron Kite or Rodney Eade, Jesse Wells, Damian McCormack, Stephen Tiller, Travis Baird, Brett Montgomery, Andrejs Everitt, Brennan Stack, Malcolm Lynch, Paul O'Shea, Guy O'Keefe, Jarrad Boughman etc etc.

Come on Mitch, you know the media aren't allowed to slag Eade off, what with all those flags he's won. S'pose I'm being harsh there. After all he's only coached for 13 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dean Polo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back