DearSabre

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bushie i am talking about this http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=395852

take a look, comedy gold!

:eek::eek:

My god!!

I missed that one.

And jesus didn't he get torn a new one.:thumbsu::D

Lovely work people.

But as was mentioned by a few, how could a real and true supporter name JLo as a cancer???:confused:

That is unbelievable and way, way out of line.

I reckon that thread makes my measure of this twit even more relevant.

Thanks poshman.:thumbsu::)

I sat two rows almost directly behind that geezer for two years. God he got on my nerves. I ended up saying "Yeah tubby, how many AFL games have you played?"
What a jerk.

Ahahah, funny. Small world.

I would prefer to read a GJ thread than a bushie thread, one talks about things related to football while the other just loves to beat his own drum. I refer you to the worst thread I have ever seen on this board.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305766

You are certainly entitled to your opinion dbt.

But what the hell was wrong with that thread???:confused:

It was a genuine vote of thanks after I was deluged with hate PM's from Eagle supporters during the Fletcher affair.

A lot of our boys stepped up to the plate and gave as good as they got.

Where were you by the way??

I realise that I am not your favourite poster, but if that is the reason why, then I reckon that it is you who has the problem pal.

I don't really have a problem with GJ. Yes he can be negative, yes he can talk some crap, but at other times he also raises some good points concerning footy.

To call him on opposition supporter is ridiculous also, he clearly follows Freo.

We are talking about a club that has made 2 finals series in 12 years some people are bound to be critical. I also find the blind faith believers a bit odd as well, that's why I try to stay somewhere in the middle.

I've often thought GJ/Belkanor a troll. But i think that gives him too much credit.

He's either a really intelligent troll. Or a really stupid supporter. The more he posts the more i think the latter.

I don't really have a problem with GJ. Yes he can be negative, yes he can talk some crap, but at other times he also raises some good points concerning footy.

To call him on opposition supporter is ridiculous also, he clearly follows Freo.

We are talking about a club that has made 2 finals series in 12 years some people are bound to be critical. I also find the blind faith believers a bit odd as well, that's why I try to stay somewhere in the middle.

I'm not wanting to inflame the situation Kram.

But would you mind explaining to me GJ's justification for calling JLo a "cancer"??

No supporter that I know, and I know a fair few negative types, would even dream of such a thing.

I'm not wanting to inflame the situation Kram.

But would you mind explaining to me GJ's justification for calling JLo a "cancer"??

No supporter that I know, and I know a fair few negative types, would even dream of such a thing.

He probably didn't mean it, but he probably also wanted a reaction. Maybe it was such an outlandish statement that he was thinking it would be clearly obvious that he wasn't serious.

He probably didn't mean it, but he probably also wanted a reaction. Maybe it was such an outlandish statement that he was thinking it would be clearly obvious that he wasn't serious.

:thumbsu::) Fair enough. That is one way it could be construed. However, wanting an extreme reaction could also be labelled as outright trolling as well.

I, of course, could also be accused of being far too cynical in my judgement of his posting.

Those judgements are up to you people.

I really seem to be taking heat over my Peter Bell thread - but that thread got over 100 posts - I think that shows that it warranted a discussion.

A large portion of those posts were about the lack of respect shown by yourself towards Peter Bell. Very few were supportive of your criticism.

The Bell topic warranted discussion, had Farmer or Headland or another of our players that has been in the wrong of late missed the photo shoot question's would have been asked.

The topic was worthy of discussion, but the thread title and the opening post were very aggressive.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of GJ either - like others, 99.99999% of the time I couldn't be further from agreeing with his opinion. I've decided that maybe he's just an attention seeker - how could you not understand the kind of response you are going to receive with such a blatant and undeserved attack on Peter Bell, and now he's bragging that he got 100 posts on that thread? I think the solution is for those of us who don't enjoy his style is to utilise the ignore button - if he doesn't get the 100 posts every time he says something ridiculous, maybe he may change his style to something a little more reasonable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bell topic warranted discussion, had Farmer or Headland or another of our players that has been in the wrong of late missed the photo shoot question's would have been asked.

While I agree Bell probably had a legitimate excuse, the topic did have some legs.

I'm not quite sure how you can even put Bell in the same sentence as Farmer or Headland. If it had been either of them, then most posters would have wanted to know what was going on, but when probably the best player to have ever represented the club, one who has been an outstanding leader and has never put one foot wrong, has an agreement with the club, it's really pushing the boundaries to be questioning his commitment.

Thats exactly it.

He raised a topic warrant of discussion and followed it by his own harshly worded opinion.

That is the nature of bigfooty, most topics are created this way.

Sorry Sabre, but I doubt that is the case.

Sure, if a topic is raised about a lower mid tier or rookie player a certain amount of justification can be attributed to harshly worded opinions.

However when the same type of scathing criticism is directed to someone like Bell, or a true stalwart like JLo (cancer FFS:mad:), then eyebrows are raised and questions are asked.

This type of posting is not a one off.

It can be searched to include players, coaches, admin and the FFC board.

The whole football club, and this board, has been lampooned, denigrated and embarrassed by this ongoing onslaught.

Sorry Sabre, but I doubt that is the case.

Sure, if a topic is raised about a lower mid tier or rookie player a certain amount of justification can be attributed to harshly worded opinions.

However when the same type of scathing criticism is directed to someone like Bell, or a true stalwart like JLo (cancer FFS:mad:), then eyebrows are raised and questions are asked.

This type of posting is not a one off.

It can be searched to include players, coaches, admin and the FFC board.

The whole football club, and this board, has been lampooned, denigrated and embarrassed by this ongoing onslaught.

Put GJ on your ignore list and be done with the issue.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion dbt.

But what the hell was wrong with that thread???:confused:

Can you really not see what is wrong with the thread you posted? You are the only person that would start a thread like that thanking the masses, yes you think you are some sort of messiah. It is really pathetic.

Is that an ultimatum??

How about for once in your life you debate an issue.

You made an accusation.

I answered it with respect.

Have you got a reply?

I dont see how it was an ultimatum, more of a suggestion so that you can let the issue go. GJ is not going to get banned so the easiest thing to do is either debate the issues he raises or just ignore them. Not make threads attacking a single poster.

This is not the first time that GJ's credibility as a fremantle supporter has been questioned. You may recall that Dr Ralph Dagg created a poll regarding whether GJ was a troll or not.

The poll overwhelming went in the favour of "yes".

At that time I took GJ's corner, but I have since become a little more sceptical. His views are continually negative, continually acidic, continually against the norm and continually seem to fan the flames.

At the end of the day however, if GJ is a troll, is it really that bad? I mean we cop a lot of shit on BF it is not as if a troll working from the inside is going to affect us all that much. The worthwhile criticisms will be debated on their merits and the blatant BS posts will be exposed for what they are.

The downside to a poster like GJ is that some posters will inevitably be alienated by the constant bashing they deliver our club. I think this is pretty much the case for Dr R.D. Who is a very good poster and whose opinion we are poorer without.

If the mods keep a lid on the obvious BS and troll like behaviour, the problem will be neutralised, but if more threads like the Bell one are allowed then I think it is a bit of a green light for anyone wishing to troll fremantle to set up an alias.

BTW GJ, try just one week to post some positives about our club, without sarcasm.

Thats exactly it.

He raised a topic warrant of discussion and followed it by his own harshly worded opinion.

That is the nature of bigfooty, most topics are created this way.

What's next though. Threads like:

"Is Pav the worst captain in the AFL?"

Based on the fact his becoming captain coincided with a very underachieving season.

"Is Jeff Farmer a cancerous influence on the FCC?"

Based on his off-field indiscretions.

"Is Mark Harvey a eating at the moral fibre of young players?"

Based on him putting himself in a position to be kinghit outside of nightclub while getting on the turps with players.

All of these could be seen as valid topics to be put forward for debate by your rationale. Most posters would be able to see them as trolls and don't want our board clogged up with this kind of accusatory tripe.

Can you really not see what is wrong with the thread you posted? You are the only person that would start a thread like that thanking the masses, yes you think you are some sort of messiah. It is really pathetic.

I am sorry but I cannot see the problem with thanking my fellow posters, on my own board, for backing me up.

The Fletcher debate was very, very volatile and I was extremely thankful for the support I received and voiced it publicly.

Also, like I said before.....where were you?? Hiding on the cricket board and posting one liners of no substance as usual??

And if you thought that the thread was so pathetic, you had every right and opportunity to comment within it.:rolleyes:

I have called you out as obtuse before.....let's just say that I may have underestimated that call.

If you dislike me dbt, that is fine by me.

But at least have some substance to your argument.

I dont see how it was an ultimatum, more of a suggestion so that you can let the issue go. GJ is not going to get banned so the easiest thing to do is either debate the issues he raises or just ignore them. Not make threads attacking a single poster.

Read the thread dbt.

I did not ask for him to be banned.

Got that!!

I am sorry but I cannot see the problem with thanking my fellow posters, on my own board, for backing me up.

The Fletcher debate was very, very volatile and I was extremely thankful for the support I received and voiced it publicly.

Why didnt you just PM the people that supported your great and noble quest on bigfooty? Why make a thread? Was there that many people thanking and supporting you greatness?

Also, like I said before.....where were you?? Hiding on the cricket board and posting one liners of no substance as usual??

Probably was on the cricket board, I love the game of cricket and find discussing that is more interesting than bay13 crap against the Eagles.

And if you thought that the thread was so pathetic, you had every right and opportunity to comment within it.:rolleyes:

As someone else said in that thread "its not worth it".

I have called you out as obtuse before.....let's just say that I may have underestimated that call.

Yes you have attacked me the poster before, so this thread isnt anything new to you. If someone goes against the great bushie then they get abused. All hail bushie, king Freo supporter on bigfooty.

If you dislike me dbt, that is fine by me.

But at least have some substance to your argument.

I dont dislike you as I dont even know you, but I dont agree with most things you say. Substance like calling someone "obtuse"? There is great substance to that.

Read the thread dbt.

I did not ask for him to be banned.

Got that!!

Fair enough, that must have been someone else, I take that back.

Let me just say that your reactive posting style cause's just as much backlash as GJ.

Those "example topics" are utter rubbish, the Pavlich and Harvey topics are completely laughable.

The Farmer one is extremely poorly worded, obviously the club realise the potential danger of farmers indescretion's going unpunished and deal with him.

Obviously the club condone Bells training regime and gave the ok for him to skip the photo shot as well.

I am starting to seriously doubt judgement Sabre, if you can't see how these topics are in exactly the same vein as GJ's Bell and JLo "the cancer" topics.

Your idea of what is a troll and what is a valid topic seems to be dictated by your own personal views of who deserves to be attacked at the FCC and who doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back