Dees seek priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

With Roos overdramatising the last couple of weeks about his players being scarred for life and now embarrassingly bad, this latest development looks like he has been selling a message about the horrific state of that club.
Sadly, I won't be shocked if the AFL turnaround and say "Well he is the greatest coach ever, and saviour of the universe, he would know. Give him what he wants".
The Roos ruse.:rolleyes:

Does this mean they actually want pick 2 (for coming 17th), pick 3 for Frawley + pick 4 as a PP?

Holy cow. How about the filling's from Gil's teeth too...

They need a massive clean out, not a priority pick. They have a lot of players who could potentially be good but for whatever reason they aren't playing to that potential at the moment. They need to trade players who have some sort of currency and get as many picks as they can in the top 30 and build from the ground up. The players need a new environment, the mindset of mediocrity has well in truly set in a lot of players minds to the point of it being acceptable. They don't believe they are any good and that's the problem, no belief & no pride.

If they keep relying on this help time and time again they will never get themselves out of the quagmire they are in. It has to start with them.

It is a new level of scarring you are creating Roos.

What about this year's draft. How many of them are thinking how can I tank the combine. I don't want to end up in Melbourne. Those first five will be all getting very nervous

Interesting case melbourne. Playing reasonably ok and all of a sudden cant run out games against us then a gws team with mass injuries and no bench. Once a tanker always a tanker hey. Wonder if the push for a priority pick is due to an anticipated deactivation of the frawley compensation pick through signing a free agent themselves. Roos might have one lined up. Cant see them landing a priority pick though, there'd just about be a riot

Odds of Melbourne getting a priority pick are about 1000/1...no harm is asking though :p
Unfortunately for us Roos and Jackson are in bed with the AFL and you can bet your bottom $ that a PP will be forthcoming. Roos has completed the charade over the last week with the drama and carry on after that acting performance witnessed against a bunch of injured teenagers. Must hope that the Frawley compensation pick is diluted by a FA selection pick up they make themselves, maybe Malceski?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Dees get a priority pick we will get to see Swann in action against AFL house, after all the club has had to deal with over the last few years with expansion teams, diluted drafts and being held over a barrel by self entitled brats who make a mockery out of a national competition we better be screaming from every mountain, hill and grassy knoll that we can find

I thought there was talk a little while back about Roos wanting to know about draft picks before resigning? If correct would suggest he knew the answer was yes back then.

Unfortunately for us Roos and Jackson are in bed with the AFL and you can bet your bottom $ that a PP will be forthcoming. Roos has completed the charade over the last week with the drama and carry on after that acting performance witnessed against a bunch of injured teenagers. Must hope that the Frawley compensation pick is diluted by a FA selection pick up they make themselves, maybe Malceski?
Funnily enough, Melbourne have hurt their chances of getting a high pick as compensation for Frawley leaving. Teams will still be interested, but not at the price that's been floating around. Playing a former AA defender as a CHF who doesn't kick goals/occasional swingman can do that.

IMO if they get a priority pick it'll be at the end of Round 1. We saw the old system had that, so I doubt the AFL are going to throw that out the window. I was largely ok with that last year, I'll be largely ok with that this year.

I can live with an end of round pp for the Dees but anything higher feels unlikely. At least it will give Eddie something else to spew about rather than the Academies.

Unfortunately Melb have shown their inability to pick the eyes out of the top 4.

I find myself wishing Adelaide was in Melbourne's situation purely so I could comment that "The Crows have shown their ability to pick the eyes out of the top X."

The thing is that Melbourne are one of the Clubs that will always get a hand because the AFL want a football club called Melbourne in the comp.

Now whether it will always be the Melbourne Demons is another matter. There could be another merger, but almost 20 years in from the Fitzroy debacle there doesn't seem a lot of appetite to let a founding club go. Melbourne/North seems the most likely candidate but the Roos have shown a tenacity and resilience that the Dees have failed to display.

IMO if they get a priority pick it'll be at the end of Round 1. We saw the old system had that, so I doubt the AFL are going to throw that out the window. I was largely ok with that last year, I'll be largely ok with that this year.

Yeah the AFL has basically said that the beginning of first round picks are a thing of the past. If they give them something it will be an end of round pick.

Were it me and I wanted to give a team a boost in this type of situation I would give them a minidraft pick that had to be traded and could not be traded for draft picks. So they trade for a player or players who would come in and actually make a difference straight away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees seek priority pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back