Review Dees v Western Fail Dogs: the Good, Bag and Ugly - Woof

Remove this Banner Ad

To use it as a reason for getting slaughtered at clearances while not holding Oliver and Viney to the same standard publicly for our clearance problems when they are on ~2m between them is just stupid, lol.

Meh. He was asked about the ruck situation. He was raw and honest and showed some actual emotion for a change. My opinion, but I don't see a problem. Maybe that's just my hatred for Fullerton.

Why do you hate Fullarton? We haven't even seen what he can do at AFL level yet.
Can't say I hate him. Man got hired to do a thing he can't do. Can't blame him for saying yes to being paid to impersonate a ruck/forward.

Being mad at him at going to turn him into a footballer. Conversely giving him a go at it also isn't logical or helpful. Would be like giving Tom Gillies a run at fullback. Does nothing but embarrass the poor fella and you still don't have an AFL player out of it.

Imagine being a player at the club on the fringes or even in the senior team playing their role for the good of the team and then seeing a teammate get slandered for no reason at all while the highest paid player at the club is being told how great he is.
Creates a toxic environment underneath, imagine Brown or Woewodin chatting privately about how they perform and get **** all and how Oliver under performs all year and gets a golden ticket, same as Sparrow.

Very easy to see why the culture is falling apart but hey apparently that makes goody interesting

Meh. He was asked about the ruck situation. He was raw and honest and showed some actual emotion for a change. My opinion, but I don't see a problem. Maybe that's just my hatred for Fullerton.
I dont think Fullarton is very good at all, just dont know why you punch down publicly as a coach, if youre going to punch you should be punching up and demanding more of the players youre paying to make a difference who arent living up to their pay. Fullarton is living up to his. Hes being paid as a not in our best 22 players.

Also Fullarton was in no way responsible for the shit effort on the field against Freo that day, Simon just cracked the shits because someone questioned his team selection.

I dont think Fullarton is very good at all, just dont know why you punch down publicly as a coach, if youre going to punch you should be punching up and demanding more of the players youre paying to make a difference who arent living up to their pay. Fullarton is living up to his. Hes being paid as a not in our best 22 players.
I'd have no issue with Goodwin publicly going to war for all of his players but to bag his depth and protect his favourites is the worst of both worlds.

You’re missing the point, it doesn’t matter if he’s critical of Fullarton publicly. He just sets a precedent for himself that he is willing to publicly bag a player, but when questioned about players who are actually responsible for our poor performance he cracked it.

Yeah the potting of Fullarton felt off to.me too. He's unlikely to be the answer, but nor was shoving Petty in as ruck for a fortnight (or as FF for 3/4 of the year). We've routinely had shit performers in the 1s, including the stars but they get a pass

You’re missing the point, it doesn’t matter if he’s critical of Fullarton publicly. He just sets a precedent for himself that he is willing to publicly bag a player, but when questioned about players who are actually responsible for our poor performance he cracked it.
I've stated that he should have a crack at Oliver and other senior players. Christ, they all deserve it. But he was asked specifically about Tom. And might be just me, but what he said was hardly scathing. He hasn't been able to win hit outs at VFL level and that he needs to work on his craft. Hardly Malcolm Blight with the pitiful Pittman attack, but hey, this generation is soft af, so maybe poor Tom couldn't handle it.

I've stated that he should have a crack at Oliver and other senior players. Christ, they all deserve it. But he was asked specifically about Tom. And might be just me, but what he said was hardly scathing. He hasn't been able to win hit outs at VFL level and that he needs to work on his craft. Hardly Malcolm Blight with the pitiful Pittman attack, but hey, this generation is soft af, so maybe poor Tom couldn't handle it.
He was also asked specifically about Oliver and went into hiding. Refused to say anything.

**** playing for this guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this stage I can only hope favouritism or bias towards Oliver and other high profile players who are underperforming is to maintain some negotiation power at the trade table. Playing the long game.

Dropping or acknowledgement of their poor performance damages their value.

At this stage I can only hope favouritism or bias towards Oliver and other high profile players who are underperforming is to maintain some negotiation power at the trade table. Playing the long game.

Dropping or acknowledgement of their poor performance damages their value.
Oliver's been poor all year so he's not gonna come out and bag him out all of a sudden. My guess is that Oliver's mental health is at the forefront of the clubs mind. Not saying that's right or wrong in the approach, but it's clear obvious Oliver shouldn't be playing senior footy. Journos hardly ask any questions in regards to players form anyway. And Goody 99% of the time blames the process or system etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Western Fail Dogs: the Good, Bag and Ugly - Woof

Remove this Banner Ad

Back