Deledio And Cotchin Or Murphy and Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Gibbs
2. Murph
3. Cotchin
4. 5 light years
5. Deledio

Gibbs truly is the footballer of the generation. An extreme talent who can play tall or small, forward, defense, inside mid or outside mid. Footy smarts and awareness are off the scale outstanding. Made a fool of Goodes not to long ago. Toys with opponents with his amazing evasive skills. Foot skills are at the extreme level - excellent distance and penetration - text book perfect technique. Brilliant overhead. Inside mid skills just a level above 99% of the competition already - reads the play faster, and makes a quick decision before most others even flinch. Improved fitness in 2008, and excellent coaching from Ratten, Williams and Bradley have allowed the football world to get a glimpse of Gibbs outstanding talents. Future superstar status has been locked in. Murph has also had a great 2008. Another top-shelf Blues talent. Thought Cotchin was great this year in patches. His hunched-over cautious 20-35m Robert Harvey like kicks are deadly accurate, and are his trademark. Lacks the distance and penetration in his kicking that Gibbs has in bucketloads, and also lacks his versatility and general skill and talent base, but will nonetheless be a very good player. Deledio is just a "used to be quicker" mid-sized flanker, who still struggles in the middle. Very promising first year, but has turned into a McMahon type, racking up lots of uncontested footy. Has questionable attitude re. training, and commitment on the ground when things get tough unlike Cotchin. :)

Deledio averaged 26 touches and kicked 28 goals this year.
He is bigger faster and stronger then all of them.
You're talent envy is hilarious:thumbsu:
The fact is, of the 4 players he is playing the best football

1. Gibbs
2. Murph
3. Cotchin
4. 5 light years
5. Deledio

Gibbs truly is the footballer of the generation. An extreme talent who can play tall or small, forward, defense, inside mid or outside mid. Footy smarts and awareness are off the scale outstanding. Made a fool of Goodes not to long ago.

The same Goodes who has a groin complaint and has had to play inside the forward 50 since round 11?

Murphy is not in the class of the other 3, I do rate Gibbs although he does shirk contests, but not every player has to be a contested ball player so he'll carve out a handy career as a flanker.

Richmonds duo have elite skills and Deledio can push forward and kick a bag of goals and take contested grabs.

Murphy at best will be a Josh Carr type, he can get the ball, but isn't damaging at all.

If Murph can improve his disposal then carlton. I dont know what it is bt it looks as though he tries to spear every kick in

1. Gibbs
2. Murph
3. Cotchin
4. 5 light years
5. Deledio

Gibbs truly is the footballer of the generation. An extreme talent who can play tall or small, forward, defense, inside mid or outside mid. Footy smarts and awareness are off the scale outstanding. Made a fool of Goodes not to long ago. Toys with opponents with his amazing evasive skills. Foot skills are at the extreme level - excellent distance and penetration - text book perfect technique. Brilliant overhead. Inside mid skills just a level above 99% of the competition already - reads the play faster, and makes a quick decision before most others even flinch. Improved fitness in 2008, and excellent coaching from Ratten, Williams and Bradley have allowed the football world to get a glimpse of Gibbs outstanding talents. Future superstar status has been locked in. Murph has also had a great 2008. Another top-shelf Blues talent. Thought Cotchin was great this year in patches. His hunched-over cautious 20-35m Robert Harvey like kicks are deadly accurate, and are his trademark. Lacks the distance and penetration in his kicking that Gibbs has in bucketloads, and also lacks his versatility and general skill and talent base, but will nonetheless be a very good player. Deledio is just a "used to be quicker" mid-sized flanker, who still struggles in the middle. Very promising first year, but has turned into a McMahon type, racking up lots of uncontested footy. Has questionable attitude re. training, and commitment on the ground when things get tough unlike Cotchin. :)
ha buddy i havent seen you for a while:) btw i couldent be botherd reading your post. knowing you none of it is true

Deledio is soft, the kind of player who can rack up 40 useless touches a game. Cotchin is alright, not deserving of the hype though.

Gibbs and Murphy are ahead of both of them. No explanation required :)

Deledio is soft, the kind of player who can rack up 40 useless touches a game. Cotchin is alright, not deserving of the hype though.

1. Gibbs
2. Murph
3. Cotchin
4. 5 light years
5. Deledio
BWAHAHAHAHA.

Lids is already in the Top 40 players in the league and a possibility for AA this year, all that and he is just 3 months older than Murphy.:)

BTW my take on this thread:
Deledio>>>>Murphy
Cotch=Gibbs

my honest opinion:

1.Gibbs
2.Deledio
3.Cotchin
4.Murphy

gibbs: i believe that this guy could potentially be the greatest player of his era. i know parrot craps on a lot but he really is an off the scale talent. needs to improve fitness drastically and bulk up a bit more if he is to ever reach his potential. defensively, he is as good as anyone he can win 30 touches himself and this year regularly kept his opponents to less than 15 disposals even when he wasn't playing a shut down role. he kicks goals, takes overhead marks, is the best tackler at the club, the best exponent of the smother in the comp, super clearance player, great skills by hand and foot, probably the 2nd most evasive player in the comp behind rodan and is super at the one-percenters (which a lot of people probably miss), he creates space for his teammates better than anyone and imo it is likely that he will one day captain the blues to a flag(s). i believe he is way ahead of the rest of the pack.

deledio: super talented player who probably lacks natural football instincts and reflexes but makes up for it in just about every other aspect. he is near on impossible to beat in a one on one contest and athletically he is as good as anyone. his kicking is usually spot on and he gets a lot of penetration. is good around goals, good at his feet, good overhead mark and it is pretty safe to say he will become an elite player in the next 3 years.

cotchin: really like this kid. great kick off both sides of the body but probably lacks that bit of versatility that gibbs and deledio have in that they are great overhead and around goals and have a bit of extra height. really knows how to find the footy and never wastes it. will become a very good player.

murphy: probably a bit behind the others in this poll but will still become a gun. probably the best at finding the ball out of this 4 but kicking lacks penetration and while he is a super kick to a forward on the lead, his field kicking usually includes a shocker in every 4 kicks he gets. isn't blessed with natural speed but isn't slow either. very good at the clearances and super strong through the hips. he gets himself in to good goal scoring positions but can often sh1t himself in front of the big sticks. i know he practiced this a hell of a lot and it did improve as the season went on. if he can improve his kicking and his awareness he could become an elite player.

all 4 will be guns but i think you could just toss the coin to pick which group you prefer. i think gibbs tips it in his team's favour but only time will tell, and even then we'll probably still be debating this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No contest. Deledio is just a super human freak and Cotchin will be the best player in the AFL by 2011.

deledio is the best at the moment. not sure wich 2 will be the best.
btw parrot deledio was named in the 40 man aa team. hope he makes the 22 so parrot wont post for about 3 days

bahahahha, deledio had 150-odd contested possies. similar to selwood he is considered a hard-nut. Explanation required here:D

1. Gibbs
2. Murph
3. Cotchin
4. 5 light years
5. Deledio

Parrot; sometimes you exaggerate; at other times you talk sh1t. However; this is not one of those times. What you have just said is 100% true; and reflects a true a deep understanding of our game; and what eliteness requires.
My only criticism on your post is that I don't think you have talked Gibbs up enough. I truly believe that Gibbs has the potential to be the Greatest player of all time. Better than all who have come; and who are to come. 20 brownlow medals/premierships are not beyond him.

my honest opinion:

1.Gibbs
2.Deledio
3.Cotchin
4.Murphy

gibbs: i believe that this guy could potentially be the greatest player of his era. i know parrot craps on a lot but he really is an off the scale talent. needs to improve fitness drastically and bulk up a bit more if he is to ever reach his potential. defensively, he is as good as anyone he can win 30 touches himself and this year regularly kept his opponents to less than 15 disposals even when he wasn't playing a shut down role. he kicks goals, takes overhead marks, is the best tackler at the club, the best exponent of the smother in the comp, super clearance player, great skills by hand and foot, probably the 2nd most evasive player in the comp behind rodan and is super at the one-percenters (which a lot of people probably miss), he creates space for his teammates better than anyone and imo it is likely that he will one day captain the blues to a flag(s). i believe he is way ahead of the rest of the pack.

deledio: super talented player who probably lacks natural football instincts and reflexes but makes up for it in just about every other aspect. he is near on impossible to beat in a one on one contest and athletically he is as good as anyone. his kicking is usually spot on and he gets a lot of penetration. is good around goals, good at his feet, good overhead mark and it is pretty safe to say he will become an elite player in the next 3 years.

cotchin: really like this kid. great kick off both sides of the body but probably lacks that bit of versatility that gibbs and deledio have in that they are great overhead and around goals and have a bit of extra height. really knows how to find the footy and never wastes it. will become a very good player.

murphy: probably a bit behind the others in this poll but will still become a gun. probably the best at finding the ball out of this 4 but kicking lacks penetration and while he is a super kick to a forward on the lead, his field kicking usually includes a shocker in every 4 kicks he gets. isn't blessed with natural speed but isn't slow either. very good at the clearances and super strong through the hips. he gets himself in to good goal scoring positions but can often sh1t himself in front of the big sticks. i know he practiced this a hell of a lot and it did improve as the season went on. if he can improve his kicking and his awareness he could become an elite player.

all 4 will be guns but i think you could just toss the coin to pick which group you prefer. i think gibbs tips it in his team's favour but only time will tell, and even then we'll probably still be debating this.

Despite the fact that this comes from a Carlton supporter, I'd say it probably sums up my views on the matter. Gibbs, Deledio, Cotchin and then Murphy. Gibbs does look like he'll be among the top handful of his generation, while Deledio and Cotchin have the right ingredients and attributes to relegate Murphy to the number 4 position. Murphy would go up in most peoples' books if his disposal was better.

In light of Selwood's 5th placing in the AFLPA MVP award, Carlton must be furious with their recruiting people.

No more so than the recruiting people at the other 5 clubs that also overlooked Selwood. At least we can see that Gibbs will be a very good player. Personally though, I think you should worry about the recruiting people at your own club, rather than those at other clubs. I don't think I need to spell out why.

No more so than the recruiting people at the other 5 clubs that also overlooked Selwood. At least we can see that Gibbs will be a very good player. Personally though, I think you should worry about the recruiting people at your own club, rather than those at other clubs. I don't think I need to spell out why.
Thanks for Cotchin

4 names that are the key reason why Richmond and Carlton supporters can both be optimistic about the next few years. I'd be rapt to have any of them at my club... but I have two! Cool!

Lids is the best physical specimen of the 4, but probably also the least natural footballer. The ultimate outsider, though, with speed, footskills, a nose for goals and strong overhead capabilities.

Murphy has had issues with his kicking and sticking tackles, but if he irons them out there's really nothing to stop him being one of the best rovers in the league. He can find the ball with the very best of them, is impossibly brave, and picks the ball up as cleanly as anyone going around.

Cotchin showed us plenty, but is obviously well behind the other three in development terms at the moment (being the youngest/newest into the AFL), so has the furthest to go.

Gibbs... could be anything. But already he's superb.

Lids is the best physical specimen of the 4, but probably also the least natural footballer. The ultimate outsider, though, with speed, footskills, a nose for goals and strong overhead capabilities.
No idea. The least natural footballer? Is that why he's the best kick and the best mark and has a nose for goal? (28 goals 11 for the year) God, wait til he learns the game! As for that 'outsider' nonsense, watch a Richmond game FFS, and see who's in there winning contested ball. Yeah, it's Lids. Calling him outside is just lazy outdated stereotyping. He'll go close to being AA this year and we still haven't seen close to his best.

Cotchin showed us plenty, but is obviously well behind the other three in development terms at the moment (being the youngest/newest into the AFL), so has the furthest to go.
Cotchin has the furthest to go because he will go the furthest. To think my team will have for the next ten years a superstar gamebreaker like Lids, and Cotchin, the best player in the game.;)
At career's end:
1. Cotchin
2. Deledio
3. Gibbs
4. Murphy

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio And Cotchin Or Murphy and Gibbs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back