BloodOfaTiger27

Debutant
Apr 20, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd, Pompey
Deledio has been nominated for the Army Award for the courage he showed against the Saints... I heard the commentator say "That is what makes careers" Deledio is easily 2nd best or even first best in Richmond and he will be a star for many years to come

In the St. Kilda game he was running back with the flight of the ball and took the mark but got cleaned up by Luke Ball but then came back on and took a great contested mark...you can see it on the AFL site under the Army award

+1 for courage these days.

People say that the game isn't as hard/tough anymore. Go back and watch any 70's or 80's game. Players duck their heads every 2nd contest. I remember they had Carlton vs Hawthorn GF on Foxtel and I saw about 3 head ducks in about 5 minutes. In a bloody grand final.

Having said that I think anyone from our team in Lids position would have done the same thing.

what dont you understand

i think delibs is trying to tell you something politely dude....LMAO...

This running back with the mark, being super courageous is a bit of a myth actually IMO. I mean, you watch Brown run back, launch himself into the air, and the player coming the other way is looking at a flying A bomb coming towards him in full flight? Like give me a break dudes. 99% of the time the oncoming player is the one that shows more courage when they go for it. WHy? because 1. They know its going to be a collision, and 2. they also know that they are about to throttle someone. The courage comes when you are standing there the ball is descending from above and you know that there are 4 guys about to break your back. Thats courage, not this ____ing media beat up they go on about. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was great to see the young man not hesitate in putting himself on the line and then more importantly picking himself up to have another crack for the jumper but lets not get carried away here, He did exactly what we expect of our players when playing for this club. Relax on the back patting

Yes, courage is tested all day on the footy field in different ways and yes, Lids did what we expect from every player.
But you just had to listen to Michael Voss on the TV to know how much that one action meant.
It's about respect from your teammates and opponents.
Awesome.
Well done, son. Another step on the way to stardom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Deledio's Courage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back