Delicious

Remove this Banner Ad

What a brilliant performance by the Dogs. Pretty much a four quarter effort with not one poor player.

Career best game for Ward.
Career best game for Minson.
Ward's best game for the year.
Griffen's best game in weeks.
Hargrave's best game for the year.
Cooney in top form.
Cross' best effort for the season, etc etc.

If we can produce that effort for the rest of the season, it's going to be quite handy when we play against the two teams higher than us on the ladder.

What a brilliant performance by the Dogs. Pretty much a four quarter effort with not one poor player.

Career best game for Ward.
Career best game for Minson.
Ward's best game for the year.
Griffen's best game in weeks.
Hargrave's best game for the year.
Cooney in top form.
Cross' best effort for the season, etc etc.

If we can produce that effort for the rest of the season, it's going to be quite handy when we play against the two teams higher than us on the ladder.

I thought so too, but I only heard the game on the radio. Was it because Port didn't have anyone of quality to sit on him, or have things finally started to click for him, especially in the F50?

I thought so too, but I only heard the game on the radio. Was it because Port didn't have anyone of quality to sit on him, or have things finally started to click for him, especially in the F50?

3 goals 20+ posi's for big Will. Some considering him for 3 votes aswell from the umps. :p

Great news, Matt, but still doesn't answer my question. Has he gotten better, or was the opposition just that poor?

it was a mixture of both. Minson and Huddo smashed Brogan and Lade.

Minno however looked alot better, he actually lead in the right positions in the forward line. He took the mark and converted on 3 occasions. He was all over the ground and had the best game of his life.

Surely will get some votes from the umps, if not Crossy will get the 3.

Brogan and Lade are regarded as one of the best ruck combinations in the game. Hudson and Minson, particularly Minson, smashed them both in ruck and around the ground.

Magnificent win :)

Easily the best win of the year so far.

With respect to any Port fans reading, they were absolutely terrible. Possibly the worst I have ever seen them play.

But as for us :)

Awesome, contributors all around the ground. Can't get over how good Harbrow's form is at the moment, he is a little gem that kid, love him to pieces

Ditto Callan Ward. He looks just a little bit special doesn't he. So composed, very gutsy, excellent disposal.

Minson, Hargrave, Boydy, Crossy, Hudson, Picken, Johnno, Hill - bloody hell I dont know where to stop, they were just fantastic. We didn't have one bad player tonight, Welsh was quiet but wasn't terrible.

You little beauty.

Go Dogs.

Amazing performance.

Big Will can be that tall, marking option up forward.
Cal Ward will be 100 times the player McMahon ever was. Best trade ever.
Jarrod Harbrow has found his spot.
Boydy, Crossy, Griff, Coons - fantastic.
Hargrave was fantastic, as was Huddo and Lake, the list could go on...

93 points...look out Kangas!

Minno however looked alot better, he actually lead in the right positions in the forward line. He took the mark and converted on 3 occasions. He was all over the ground and had the best game of his life.

Thanks for that, CrozaN. Nice to hear that the Frankenstein experiment is finally paying off :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't ask for anything more then that tonight. Great way to go into the break and come back to Melbourne and have the week of and then get ready for North..

One very very pleasing thing was Griffen getting more of the ball.. Hope he can build from tonight and have a cracking 2nd half of the year after a slowish start.

Our percentage has increased by almost fourteen over the past two weeks.

I usually look for teams with a percentage in excess of 120 as being a very good side, just as long as their winning record is at least 15-7. We should be on our way to achieving this based on the way we have played over the past six weeks.

Our percentage has increased by almost fourteen over the past two weeks.

I usually look for teams with a percentage in excess of 120 as being a very good side, just as long as their winning record is at least 15-7. We should be on our way to achieving this based on the way we have played over the past six weeks.

But we have a horror run coming up, especially from rd 14-17.;)

But we have a horror run coming up, especially from rd 14-17.;)
We'll win three of those four. The other one will probably come a draw. It's not like we haven't had a draw with those four teams in the last fifteen years. Two against Hawthorn, one against St. Kilda, Essendon and Collingwood. Remember all of those matches well.

Can you please elaborate X?

What did Minson and Griffen do, in particular? I gather Port were very, very poor.
Three goals from contested grabs. Great ruckwork around the ground that helped set up the clearance work for the likes of Cal, Griff, Boydy, Crossy and Coon.
Second efforts and 1 percenters evident clearly last night. His last 3 weeks have been very good considering how poor he was earlier in the season. I think tap rucking is over rated (Street) but if you can give efforts round the ground kick the odd goal and make the opposition short people look over their shoulders a little then a ruck is extremely damaging.
Well done Will and also Huddo who also played well.

With apologies to Bruce Maquackavaney,

Higgins was delicious..... Harbrow was scrumptious.... Minson was delightful.... Cooney was stunning.... Ward is starting to look speeeshhuul..... Hargrave was desirable.... Picken was adorable.... Griffen was delectable.... Cross was stunning.....

No...I am not coming outta the closet....but that was a brilliant win!!

Hooroo......

Congratulations on a great win, Dogs.

However, I hate it when we win by so much. Maybe this is because in the past we have fallen into bad habits soon after. It leads to laziness and unrealistic hype about how good we are are.

Whilst I am always happy with a win, I much prefer hard fought wins or losses such as against the Cats. Such games tell you much more about our team and where we are at.

Last night reinforced for me that our game plan is suspect. It thrives on creating space and quick movement of the ball by hand. But what happens if we cannot move the ball quickly or we cannot get the space? PA were terrible and seemed half hearted and not prepared to chase in numbers, which allowed our game plan to flourish. But will the Cats, Saints or Hawks at their best allow us such control of the ball? I want us to play these teams to see how we can learn to combat stifling of our game plan and extreme pressure on our ball carriers.

There were times even last night where we let the ball get behind us. To win the ultimate, every player has to have a role in contested ball situations...ie where to be in relation to each other so that easy escape of the ball does not occur for the opposition. When all players work very hard both ways, we can win control of the ball, but there are times when we seem to go missing and not have players doing enough, which has allowed opposition teams to get easy run ons for a quarter or so.

So, whilst I will enjoy this win, I fear it may sow the seeds of our next loss, especially if we fall for the trick believing all the hype that supporters will go on with over the next weeks.

Was a fantastic win. I was expecting to win but not nearly by that margin, so was absolutely loving it.

I also like watching the game when you know half way through the third quarter the game is already done and dusted, so you can relax a lot and just enjoy watching the team play without being nervous about losing.

The great news is the margin in the win. The percentage boost was almost like another win, and it could be handy later in the year.

8 out of 12 is a great achievement, and we only need to win 5 of the last 10 to get a top four berth which is what we have been aiming at since last year. Once we obtain a top four berth, then it all starts again.

That's great, but he doesn't even need to lead to be a huge chance of marking in one on ones if they just give him some space and kick it to him!

Funny on thr Footy Show how they showed in Wikipedia under the definition of 'Delicious', someone has put in Cyril Rioli! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Delicious

Remove this Banner Ad

Back