• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Given our trading we can surely delist Murphy for a much needed list spot for a developing ruck.

Can't cost much to pay him out.

He's in our leadership group and was picked every game he was fit for

Never sub or subbed that I can recall. Can't even remember him being named on the bench. Always started on field.

He's ensconced.

He's in our leadership group and was picked every game he was fit for

Never sub or subbed that I can recall. Can't even remember him being named on the bench. Always started on field.

He's ensconced.

Correct. Cook would be paid out and delisted in front of Murphy.

Ridiculous thread - just close it off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Correct. Cook would be paid out and delisted in front of Murphy.

Ridiculous thread - just close it off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Why are you all reading it then? 🤣

I'm trying to create a self fulfilling prophecy.

I am happy to go on record to suggest that not only was Murphy's selection detrimental to the development of younger players through the taking of a spot in the 23 but its safe to say, his selection played a huge part in us losing several games this year.

Bottom line is you have to put your best 23 players on the field. You cant play favourites at selection at the expense of better players. I am hoping the inclusing of AnB demonstrates to Nicks what a shitful selection Murphy has always been and he moves past him. If we ranked all players to play more than 10 games of AFL footy for the club, Murphy confortably ranks dead last for footballing ability. I rank him easily worse than McHenry. Nicks just learned you cant carry two spuds in a game so he resorted to one, the wrong one at that.

I am happy to go on record to suggest that not only was Murphy's selection detrimental to the development of younger players through the taking of a spot in the 23 but its safe to say, his selection played a huge part in us losing several games this year.

Bottom line is you have to put your best 23 players on the field. You cant play favourites at selection at the expense of better players. I am hoping the inclusing of AnB demonstrates to Nicks what a shitful selection Murphy has always been and he moves past him. If we ranked all players to play more than 10 games of AFL footy for the club, Murphy confortably ranks dead last for footballing ability. I rank him easily worse than McHenry. Nicks just learned you cant carry two spuds in a game so he resorted to one, the wrong one at that.
hallelujah brother

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy New Year GIF

It’s about bloo……………… oh hang on it’s delist not delisted🤬

The Facebook crew. He has feelings and you will hurt them with comments like this 🤣🤣
I'm convinced this is the line of thinking within the club also. The club has burnt absolute superstars of this club in years past with how they have been treated off field, but the modern generation sees absolute spuds given unwarranted contract extensions and treated with kid gloves continually. It's been evident from day 1 that Murphy was a potato of the highest order, and should not have played 10 games, let alone over 100. I thought the years of Mackay being in the side was bad. This is in another stratosphere compared to that !!

That is the issue. Gone are the days of being ruthless with players that aren't good enough.

In a strong draft where an extra list spot is one of the rare occassions you can add an extra player with talent there definitely is the case to delist a contracted player who looks very likely to have played their last game.

I'm convinced this is the line of thinking within the club also. The club has burnt absolute superstars of this club in years past with how they have been treated off field, but the modern generation sees absolute spuds given unwarranted contract extensions and treated with kid gloves continually. It's been evident from day 1 that Murphy was a potato of the highest order, and should not have played 10 games, let alone over 100. I thought the years of Mackay being in the side was bad. This is in another stratosphere compared to that !!

Mackay could at least football and knew what one was and what to do with it when it came his way. Murphy is at the stage where i am not sure he knows what a football is.

Its not a crows problem really, its an industry wide problem ive noticed. I believe clubs are scared of making elite decisions because of the power players now have in the game. 15 years ago a good trade week had like 7 trades. Now we get over 20 or 30 players changing clubs, I think one year had over 40. Almost every movement is a movement initiated by players. So clubs may feel scared because of player group led repercussions if they force a player out. Like other players walking out the following year.

The only way I see clubs getting some ruthlessness back is if the AFL changes the rules around contracts and allows the clubs to freely trade players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delist Lachie Murphy

Back