Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Bean Reaction GIF

Dusty, Grimes, Naismith, Pickett are 4 list spots open.

We are expecting Graham, Rioli, Baker & Bolton to open the others so we are expecting 7-8 players at minimum to come into the club if all the deals get done.
Minus the spots already filled by Grey and Blight

Minus the spots already filled by Grey and Blight
2024: 36 players on the main list. 8 on rookie list. + cat B.
Grey and Blight are rookie listed. Blight hasn't resigned.

6 max on the rookie list. Of current rookies, Coulthard will be cut. Tresize, Bauer, Campbell and Young etc need to be elevated to main list. Blight will sign on or leave.

4 retired & say 3 -4 traded all from main list, brings us down to 28 ~ 29 players. Draft 6. PSD for another ruck.

Cumbo, Dow: borderline get another crack on the main list or as delisted Rookies.

Last edited:
MRJ has played 36 career games.

First 29 x games:
Disposals: 7.03
Goals: 0.66
Tackles: 2.52
I50: 1.24
SI: 3.14

Games 30-36:
Disposals: 10.57
Goals: 1.00
Tackles: 3.14
I50: 1.86
SI: 4.14

I thought he was a bust. His last 7 games convinced me otherwise, as they were very good for the small pressure forward role he was playing.

If he build on games 30-36, which I’m sure he will, then he will be an excellent small forward for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Looks good whenever he goes into the midfield these days. Previously when was around the contest he would get run down with the ball. It was a constant criticism of mine - trying to take on too much. His speed was only a short burst.

This year has been completely different. He has repeatedly broken tackles and I haven’t seen him caught with it. He may have looked a bit big still, but there’s no doubt he’s done plenty of work.

If this rate of improvement continues he will be excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw in an article on AFL.com that Tresize was working on a new deal, potentially 2 years. This was a little while ago.

Feel Coulthard should go. Wouldn't be opposed to delisting the stragglers like Coulthard and Cumberland and getting VFL younger stars to fill out the bottom end of our list. Bigger bodies who have that exposure to help support our completely bottomed out list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back