Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Alarm Clock Time GIF

Can’t help feeling the club is playing its hand very close with re-signings/delistings and contract lengths…. Gonna be very interesting to see what comes out…… Eventually…

Can’t help feeling the club is playing its hand very close with re-signings/delistings and contract lengths…. Gonna be very interesting to see what comes out…… Eventually…
Coulthard and Colina could go now. Nobody would be picking them up.

Coulthard and Colina could go now. Nobody would be picking them up.
Any idea when delistings need to be completed by? I have No idea…

It'd be kind of shit if you were a player sent off on your break with a training program or even without one, not knowing if you're going to be delisted or not.

I could be wrong but I always thought in previous years it was known pretty soon after, as in the days / the week post the season?

It'd be kind of shit if you were a player sent off on your break with a training program or even without one, not knowing if you're going to be delisted or not.

I could be wrong but I always thought in previous years it was known pretty soon after, as in the days / the week post the season?
Sometimes gets held off until before the draft.

Understand what you’re saying. It would be disappointing but if you had aspirations to keep playing you’d take the program and direct your frustration that way with thoughts of being picked up potentially by another club?

What reason have we got to keep this open? While nothing is getting done.
Because it's still early doors and club wanting to see the incomings. Delisting's can always be picked up by other clubs in later drafts so it's not the end all. Say for arguments sake we want pick 3 and we have 9 and 10 as tooted and swap for it that's one less pick we get so one less delisting. Wait and see game and club is doing the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any idea when delistings need to be completed by? I have No idea…
Contracts run until October 31st. Anyone not signed by then technically becomes a delisted player.

We likely have a few trade targets see how many we get in , but I’d say the unsigned are likely out , macca best chance to stay

Dusty, Grimes, Pickett, Naismith, Baker, Graham, Rioli, Bolton, Coulthard. Colina makes 10. McIntosh, Cumbo, Dow....... are they useful for the rebuild and what's their ceiling? McIntosh had been declining a while now, apparently a good club men If he wants decent coin delist, if he plays maggoos on minimum chips I'd keep. Cumbo's peak was that run where Dusty was out and he was averaging 1.9 goals a game. I'd give him 1 more year and hope he recaptures that if not adios...... Dow is cancerous.

He got 17 games on the trot in the midfield and served up slop at his peak. Sonsie in his 1st year was far superior as is Ross. Dow must go as he's only gonna steal precious midfield development from Mcaulliffe, Sonsie and the new batch.

Because it's still early doors and club wanting to see the incomings. Delisting's can always be picked up by other clubs in later drafts so it's not the end all. Say for arguments sake we want pick 3 and we have 9 and 10 as tooted and swap for it that's one less pick we get so one less delisting. Wait and see game and club is doing the right thing.
players in the delist danger zone..KMac, Cumbo, Coulthard & Dow have had their exit interviews. They haven't got new contracts yet. Looks bad... We don't really need the depth given the draft hand we likely have.. add some in rookie drafts.

I expect Kmac to get a new contract.

With 4 players in trade discussions, just letting that settle. Maybe there's a slight possibility of a player coming IN as steak knives.

He got 17 games on the trot in the midfield and served up slop at his peak. Sonsie in his 1st year was far superior as is Ross. Dow must go as he's only gonna steal precious midfield development from Mcaulliffe, Sonsie and the new batch.

Agree with this regarding Dow. He's no good - not even good for depth.
Sonsie is no good too though

Agree with this regarding Dow. He's no good - not even good for depth.
Sonsie is no good too though
It's hard to say but Sonsie looked very promising in his 1st year. I'm 100% certain if Sonsie had played 17 games on the trot as a mid his worst game would've surpassed Dows. Was very discouraging watching Dow stink it up week after week. After 8 weeks the club should've realised he's not up to it. Could've given those opportunities to any of Sonsie, Banks, Mansell, Campbell? Was the definition of insanity suffering Dows continued selection in the midfield.

players in the delist danger zone..KMac, Cumbo, Coulthard & Dow have had their exit interviews. They haven't got new contracts yet. Looks bad... We don't really need the depth given the draft hand we likely have.. add some in rookie drafts.

I expect Kmac to get a new contract.

With 4 players in trade discussions, just letting that settle. Maybe there's a slight possibility of a player coming IN as steak knives.
How many Rookie players do we have to upgrade this year ?

If we have to just delist Dow & McIntosh and rookie list them

Remove this Banner Ad

Review delistings 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back