News Delistings Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

i know that chism is a great poster and have valued his opinions greatly

but when he has a potshot at me about something i know more than him about maybe he could listen instead of just having a go at me

however on most occasions chism does more knowledge on carlton and i always read and take great confidence in what he says

I'm pretty sure we can't re-rookie Jacobs, he'll be elevated to the senior list next year along with Garlett and Joesph ...

i know that chism is a great poster and have valued his opinions greatly

but when he has a potshot at me about something i know more than him about maybe he could listen instead of just having a go at me

however on most occasions chism does more knowledge on carlton and i always read and take great confidence in what he says

I queried your opinion because i highly doubt that Stanton will become a gun at AFL level. The undertones in your post were a shot at the club for delisting him which i think was the correct choice.

It is a delisting thread with the names of players who will not be offered a 2010 contract.

Then you replied with "luke stanton is gonna be a gun ill tell u that"

Please show me some evidence of your opinion as i have not seen anything to convince me he will be a gun and just because you may know him as you claim this does not make him a gun AFL footballer and the club made the right call regarding all the players mentioned in the OP.

All good mate.

Chism, that first line has to be your new sig

Lol. If it was from a respected poster maybe but still just screams "Look at me, Look at me" !!!!

Apart from Craig Bolton, Brisbane very rarely let go of players that go on to become gems at other clubs, case in point, Rory Hilton, Shame Morrison, Damian Cupido etc.

It's another case of buyer beware with regards to Joel Mac IMHO.

iv watched about a dozen from him

and hes work ethic is what lets him down (apart from injuries) but if he can sorta through injuries and his attitude he develop into a really good foward

Apart from Craig Bolton, Brisbane very rarely let go of players that go on to become gems at other clubs, case in point, Rory Hilton, Shame Morrison, Damian Cupido etc.

Brisbane also rarely go nuts in the drafting period and recruit everything that isn't nailed down either.

Things change.

I think JMac has been delisted because he is out of contract and wants to play football in Melbourne and therefore was not going to sign another contract with Brisbane. They tried to get a trade for him but Brisbane had other priorities during trade week.....There might be some quality in the PSD this year.

With two more to go

Fisher will be saved by his contact

So it is out of

Chris Johnson Cameron Cloke Heath Scotland Simon Wiggins

Out of them I think it will be

Heath Scotland Simon Wiggins

They have someone lined up for the PSD

All the delisted players came to the club with a lot of potential. Some did not have what it took, some did not work hard enough and some merely were not at the right place at the right time as others were ahead of them
Good luck to all. Banno and Bentick showed a bit for the Ants and Pfeiffer was unlucky
Good news for Ellard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Banno... showed a fair bit of potential as a medium defender... big shame he came to the club during the Pagan era.

Bentick, good inside mid.. a little too slow for the modern game. Would have been a start mid back in the early 80's I reckon

Harts, crippled by injuries. Hope that he comes good and goes on to better things... preferably in the SANFL or the VFL but not against us in the AFL

Edwards, pretty much the same as Harts... had potential but his body let him down.

Bit disappointed about Banno, but thats life... good luck to them for the future

As for the rookies, they still have a chance to really make it.

As part of the GC17 concessions you're able to elevate a rookie with one of your mandatory three picks in the draft, so I'd imagine we'll be utilising that option.

Joel Macdonald is a victim of Brisbane's salary cap problems, as much as anything.

Thanks Ab, Banno, Harts, Snake, Lachie and Stanton, especially Banno and AB, soldiered through some of the dark days of the club, and were both more than serviceable at the time, big shame about Harts and Edwards, both had lots of potential and were crippled by injuries. They should all be proud of the fact that they played or were on the great list of the Carlton Football Club, they can tell their kids they played for the greatest club in the world

A bit peeved off about Stanton, unless his back was ****ed, i don't see the point of delisting a project player after his first year, no 0 about the kid so probably not my place, but seemed to have potential watching vids of him from the start of the year, and thanks for having a crack Lachie!

P.S, i do like the look of Jason Roe, seems abit like Mal Michael and reckon could be the player that could release Waite to go forward, having said that, also like the look of Simon Buckley, meh hope whoever we pick succeeds!

Deawoo needs to go!! Oh, I meant Bentley!:D He makes me sick!!

Ellard is a hack!!

Scotland will NOT be delisted. No way!!

Scotland aint going no where with out him we're stuffed
he's had a lot more game time for the blues then he did with Collingwood we need scotters to help build our future ruckmen for when he retires

Would've been hard on both players considering they are best mates.

Was thinking the same thing and of the draft camp story of the then teamates doing the shuttle run and Brock urging on Bentick from the sidelines. Good luck AB. Always liked you as a player, but you just never came on.

Bentley has got to be on the chopping block. I hope we can still cut rookies before final list lodgement, because I just hate the thought of this guy lining up in the Navy Blue again.

I'd like to keep the Chief in leau of Fev leaving. He's a shit kick, but has a great marking style - arse out and all. I'd prefer to see Chris Johnson leave and pay out Fisher's last year, as unlikely as both those scenario's are.

Does anyone know if we can squeeze another year out leaving Jacobs on the rookie list?

Scotland aint going no where with out him we're stuffed
he's had a lot more game time for the blues then he did with Collingwood we need scotters to help build our future ruckmen for when he retires

yeh totally agree, gutted at AB being delisted as well as we don;t have a full forward and he would've really helped the development of them, what a shame:(

I felt sad listening to AB interviewed on 3AW just one hour ago. :(

AB was one of my favourites after coming off the rookie list.

Bentick sounds like a great clubman who would be popular with teammates and coaches alike.

Bentick won't die wondering after he gave it everything he had.

Banno too.

You can't say that about Jake Edwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Delistings Announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back