Delistings?

Remove this Banner Ad

cussernaut

Senior List
Mar 30, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interesting to read the hawks 2007 thread and some of the comments. Consensus says delistings should be;

Thurgood- to find a hairdresser
Brennan
Boyle
Ries
Ball
Barker? (hurts me to write it, love the man)

Any others?
Trades? Everitt for a draft pick?

I would probably look at getting rid of Miller, instead of either Boyle or Brennan. I don't think Miller will ever be what we were hoping. We can only look at Miller as a wasted 14th pick, and fair player at best.

welcome441.gif

DESTRUKTOR

DESTRUKTOR said:
I would probably look at getting rid of Miller, instead of either Boyle or Brennan. I don't think Miller will ever be what we were hoping. We can only look at Miller as a wasted 14th pick, and fair player at best.

I think you need to go through the list and work out which players would look severely out of place with a premiership medallion around their neck.

eg.
Clarke
Dawson
Ladson
Boyle
Murphy
Thurgood
Ries
Ball

Package up Everitt, Clarke, Ries & Ladson and go for a Hansen or Gardiner. Send the rest to the scrap heap -waste of space.

Hawk0373 said:
I think you need to go through the list and work out which players would look severely out of place with a premiership medallion around their neck.

eg.
Clarke
Dawson
Ladson
Boyle
Murphy
Thurgood
Ries
Ball

Package up Everitt, Clarke, Ries & Ladson and go for a Hansen or Gardiner. Send the rest to the scrap heap -waste of space.

Hmm, cant agree with Clarke. The little guy does have some go in him.

Dawson & Thurgood - project players - senior list can take them.

Ries - With around 80 AFL senior games of experience. The 23rd man. In my experience we need this sort of experienced player to come in and later go out. Can help us at BH.

RustyHawk said:
Hmm, cant agree with Clarke. The little guy does have some go in him.

Dawson & Thurgood - project players - senior list can take them.

Ries - With around 80 AFL senior games of experience. The 23rd man. In my experience we need this sort of experienced player to come in and later go out. Can help us at BH.

Agree in part Rustyhawk but we have enough young talent to superseed these blokes coming through. The idea is to obtain a key by packaging some of them up. We can afford to do this but cant afford to grow a tree with so many dead branches.

Hawk0373 said:

eg.
Clarke
Dawson
Ladson
Boyle
Murphy
Thurgood
Ries
Ball

agree with most except ladson. He can play, despite his screw ups last week. I reckon Zac Dawson has to have another year at least.
I query Brad Sewell, got smashed by Milne last week. Murphy is ok.

Hawk0373 said:

eg.
Clarke
Sean Dempster
Paul Bevan
Chris Heffernan
Justin Blumfield
Gary Moorecroft
Cameron Mooney
Matthew Capuano
Scott Welsh
Shane Clayton

Do you want me to go on !!

I was one of Clarke biggest detractors until this year. I am happy to eat my humble pie though, as he has been one of our best all year. Pound for pound the boy can tackle too. Doesn't get shunted off the footy anywhere near as much anymore. He is more worthy than any of these premiership medal recipients.

I think Boyle is worth keeping for another year. The kid really does have talent, he's just had a shocking run with injuries. We could trade him, but he's too good to delist.
Thurgood - I've always liked him but he was woeful against Port and the selectors seemed to think so also. dumping him the next week. He will never be strong enough for a KP, and others like Birchall, Murphy and even Brennan have gone past him as the tall flanker type. He's got to go.
Ball - has not been given opportunities which can only suggest they have already made up their minds. The kid must be a goner.
Ries - tries his best and can get the ball but disposal is poor. I would try to trade him in a package deal with Boyle or Brennan for an early 2nd round pick.
Miller - I am not a big fan but he may get one more year. I won't complain if they let him go.
Barker - thanks for trying, time to retire.
Dawson - keep him on, show some faith.
Joel Smith is an interesting case. I think he's past his best but he showed loyalty to us when Collingwood made him a big offer 2 years ago. I doubt that they would make him an offer now. My heart says we should give him another year, my head says time to let him go.
Everitt - I want him to stay. Two more years, he can help us become a good side, By then, Bailey and Campbell will be ready for more responsibility in the ruck. Keep Taylor as a back-up.
I would listen to offers for Ladson.
The rest are all safe imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delistings?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back