Demetriou waits until BigFooty is down to announce early retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish, upon hearing about the good fortune of his brother, immediately got in his car & ran over 3 dogs in celebration.

The sad thing about the servers being down for maintenance was that this maintenance was originally scheduled for last Sunday morning, until some bright spark convinced gubbins here that we should hold off because it clashed with the Klitschko-Lepai fight

Leaving early but i doubt early retirement, lots of organizations out there he can stuff up :)

I would really wish to see that happen. I'd love to se Demetriou become CEO of a struggling sport in Australia and find out just how difficult the job of a CEO really is. He would prove once and for all he is just a bag of wind who survived in the cushiest job in Australia. A trained seal could make money as CEO of the AFL .... even McLachlan could do it.

Good riddance to the end of the Vlad era.

We may be rid of Demetriou, but with McLachlan in charge, AD's legacy continues. I loved one comment on SEN this morning, a man said "Demetriou and McLachlan have been burying dead bodies in the back yard for years. Nothing will change".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think its Hamish (geelong) and Gil (st kilda) - correct me if i'm wrong.

I am pretty sure they are Adelaide Crows fans mate but I could be wrong. I seem to remember reading something about that a while back.

I am pretty sure they are Adelaide Crows fans mate but I could be wrong. I seem to remember reading something about that a while back.
i remember hearing hamish on his afl game day show mentioning he barracks for geelong (unless he was sucking up to bartel who was sitting alongside him) and then from memory someone mentioned his brother was st kilda but again not too sure about that one.

i think its Hamish (geelong) and Gil (st kilda) - correct me if i'm wrong.

I've heard Gillon is a St Kilda supporter from various sources or at least sympathetic to our cause, he's unlikely to verify that now he's the new CEO though.

Like Demetriou he has to appear to be neutral but he was heavily involved in the appointment of Matt Finnis as our new CEO and in trying to put together a proposal for a new Saints training base at the Junction Oval with Cricket Victoria.

I've heard Gillon is a St Kilda supporter from various sources or at least sympathetic to our cause, he's unlikely to verify that now he's the new CEO though.

Like Demetriou he has to appear neutral.
Still didn't stop Vlad from trying to relocate the club he played 100 games for however ;)

Still didn't stop Vlad from trying to relocate the club he played 100 games for however ;)

That's true but I've heard Vlad is actually an Essendon supporter which might explain why he tipped them off about the ACC/ASADA investigations and did his best to protect them.

i remember hearing hamish on his afl game day show mentioning he barracks for geelong (unless he was sucking up to bartel who was sitting alongside him) and then from memory someone mentioned his brother was st kilda but again not too sure about that one.

:thumbsu: ............... At least we have narrowed it down to 3 teams :D

That's true but I've heard Vlad is actually an Essendon supporter which might explain why he tipped them off about the ACC/ASADA investigations and did his best to protect them.
He did say his wife and children were...coincidence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Demetriou waits until BigFooty is down to announce early retirement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back