Roast Dempsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you watched any of our games this year? He rebounds and has spoiled countless entries into our defensive 50. Against Carlton he spent most of the match cleaning up Houli's mess. It is a myth that he has no accountability. I agree that he needs to work on his disposal.

I completely disagree, he is always caught 5 meters behind his man on the lead, he doesn't go back and help spoil others either. I'm not sure what he does for our team.

Please people, stop mentioning Atkinson's name, just going backwards even further.

Put Dempsey on a wing, if he wants to use his pace he can do it further up the ground and if he gets into trouble the ball is further up the ground.

McVeigh needs to play on one HBF, at least he can find targets with hand and foot.

As for the other we need to find one from Hardingham or T.Slattery.

Are you guys serious? To me Dempsey is being played out of position, he is too loose as a half back flanker. Why not move him to a wing oe even in the middle as we have the slowest midfield in the comp. (Watson, Welsh, Hille and Stanton when he plays)

So i guess you missed the part where he played on the wing last night and got absolutely pantsed by Andrew Embley. :rolleyes:

I can't believe that people are actually starting to acknowlegde what i have been saying for weeks.

Watch how many Brownlow votes his direct opponents get this season. So far it is two B.O.G's against in 4 rounds (Byrnes, Embley).

Too loose, can't kick, terrible decision maker, runs himself into trouble, constantly gives terrible hospital passes.

We need to use a guy who can use the football in that running back role.

Have you watched any of our games this year? He rebounds and has spoiled countless entries into our defensive 50. Against Carlton he spent most of the match cleaning up Houli's mess. It is a myth that he has no accountability. I agree that he needs to work on his disposal.

Why do his direct opponents always poll brownlow votes if he is so accountable?

BTW, Houli has been far better than Dempsey since coming into the side and was one of our better players last night.

Why do his direct opponents always poll brownlow votes if he is so accountable?

BTW, Houli has been far better than Dempsey since coming into the side and was one of our better players last night.

Show me the evidence that his opponents always poll Brownlow votes. He was poor last night, but has been better overall than Houli this year.

Show me the evidence that his opponents always poll Brownlow votes. He was poor last night, but has been better overall than Houli this year.

I paid particular attention to this last year. How the hell do you want me to provide evidence of it?

How bout we keep track of it this season?

Round 1 - Byrnes (probable 3 brownlow)
Round 4 - Embley (probable 2-3 Brownlow)

Lets keep track shall we.

Houli was one of the best last night and ok last week.

Dempsey has been atrocious on numerous occasions this season.

I paid particular attention to this last year. How the hell do you want me to provide evidence of it?

How bout we keep track of it this season?

Round 1 - Byrnes (probable 3 brownlow)
Round 4 - Embley (probable 2-3 Brownlow)

Lets keep track shall we.

Yes, let's keep track. What happened to rounds 2 and 3?

Houli was one of the best last night and ok last week.

Dempsey has been atrocious on numerous occasions this season.

Houli was okay last night and crap last week. Dempsey was good in the first 3 weeks and poor last night.

Rd 2 was on Headland IIRC. Played well, not sure if he'll feature in the votes. Most likely Sandi, Barlow and Ballantyne.

Rd 3, who cares who he was on? No Carlton player will go near votes.

Rd 2 was on Headland IIRC. Played well, not sure if he'll feature in the votes. Most likely Sandi, Barlow and Ballantyne.

Rd 3, who cares who he was on? No Carlton player will go near votes.

Dempsey

One very good game
one good game
one below average game
one poor game.

Very doubtful he would have conceded in those games. Played on Headland against Freo and a number of Carlton players due to the heavy defensive rotations we applied.

This is going to be a fun excercise and by the end of it you won't be as ignorant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor decision making to say the least. Handballing to players that are already in trouble, taking on opposition players and then running out of bounds or getting tackled, kicks to contests of 2 opposition on 1 team players rather than an open Dyson on the wing, there's a whole list of things.

Dempsey

One very good game
one good game
one below average game
one poor game.

I'd rather we drop him this week than keep him in and continue his above slump.

This weeks changes...
OUT: Dempsey
IN: Lloyd

Very doubtful he would have conceded in those games. Played on Headland against Freo and a number of Carlton players due to the heavy defensive rotations we applied.

This is going to be a fun excercise and by the end of it you won't be as ignorant.

This coming from the guy who thought Prismall played against West Coast.

I did? :confused:

I expect a quote or an apology.

Your original post has been removed, but I quoted it in the Primsall Bashing thread.

Picture2-4.png

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693942&page=4

Your original post has been removed, but I quoted it in the Primsall Bashing thread.

Picture2-4.png

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693942&page=4

So not only are you ignorant, you are also naive. Pretty obvious who i was talking about. :rolleyes:

Houli was the one who went back with courage from a Dempsey hospital pass.

And if you look at my best players you will note that Houli is there but no Prismall.

I obviously clicked on the wrong link when i responded. Have never posted about Prismall.

So no, i didn't think Prismall played and yes, i do think you are ignorant. Anyone who believes that it is a myth that Dempsey plays unnacountable footy, is ignorant. Even Lloyd has stated that has has no respect for his direct opponents.

So not only are you ignorant, you are also naive. Pretty obvious who i was talking about. :rolleyes:

Houli was the one who went back with courage from a Dempsey hospital pass.

And if you look at my best players you will note that Houli is there but no Prismall.

I obviously clicked on the wrong link when i responded. Have never posted about Prismall.

So no, i didn't think Prismall played and yes, i do think you are ignorant. Anyone who believes that it is a myth that Dempsey plays unnacountable footy, is ignorant. Even Lloyd has stated that has has no respect for his direct opponents.

Fair enough there was a mixup. However, when someone posts in a thread that relates to the bashing of Prismall and they do not specify a player then it seems logical to conclude that the person is referring to Prismall. Maybe it is you who are naive for assuming that posters on BF would know that you were referring to Houli. Also, why was the post removed?

Fair enough there was a mixup. However, when someone posts in a thread that relates to the bashing of Prismall and they do not specify a player then it seems logical to conclude that the person is referring to Prismall. Maybe it is you who are naive for assuming that posters on BF would know that you were referring to Houli. Also, why was the post removed?

Because the Mods have common sense and can put 2 + 2 together?

Because the Mods have common sense and can put 2 + 2 together?

Really, or did you tell them to shift it? Also, there was another poster who thought you were referring to Prismall, but their post has also mysteriously disappeared.

Anyway, you rate Prismall and I rate Dempsey. Just a case of different opinions.

Really, or did you tell them to shift it? Also, there was another poster who thought you were referring to Prismall, but their post has also mysteriously disappeared.

Anyway, you rate Prismall and I rate Dempsey. Just a case of different opinions.

You couldn't be any more wrong but whatever helps you sleep at night, mate.

While Dempsey does have the occasional brain fade he is very important to our side and a very talented footballer.
I would think most people that actually see the games live at the ground would realise he does an huge amount of defensive work, particularly in the air spoiling when he has no right to be in the contest, be it his man or someone else he is covering for.
His disposal and decision making can be accused of lacking sometimes but anybody who's been watching this year couldn't point out one player who hasn't at times, it's been our major downfall.
When we are at our best he is quite often the one who sets up our play, but I think our structure is his, as well as our downfall at the moment. Whatever happened to a big forward leading up to present to the players coming out of the backline? Currently whether on orders from the coach or not we have 3 key forwards sitting on their hands less than 50m from our goal when we have the ball in the back 50m, and subsequently we try to use a chain of handball to move the ball 100m through the most congested part of the ground. I know they say we are trying to imitate Geelong's style of play but has anybody noticed that when any of their players get it in the backhalf they handball 'out' of trouble and then kick long to a presenting forward, invariably down the middle.

And on another note, the Mcphee covering for Dempsey argument sounds very similar to the Danny Jacobs 'I cop it because I'm always covering for Wellman' story. I know which one I'd prefer in both cases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Dempsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back